Options

Mod day gone bad....

2»

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited May 2017
    @SAM, I have the 15" Rhino with opaque elbow, but I first put an inexpensive 5' red connector hose in first. That way the 15' doesn't slide all the way to the bottom of the tube. A 20' hose will fit with ease in the 64" Valterra hose carrier. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    I think Eric's mod problems are geographic in nature.  While filling the T@B with water this afternoon,  broke that stupid %*)$%* water filler door.  Luckily I had already purchased it's replacement without the door.  Some threads have stated it's 15 minute job,  if you have enough slack.  Of course I didn't.  Off to the hardware store,  got 6 inches of unfortunately non flexible hose and a plastic doohickey to connect two hoses.  After lots of knuckle scraping putting it all together and doing bathroom yoga poses to get my arm in the water filter door, got it all put together.

Go to put water in, and it just comes shooting back out at me.  :angry:    Luckily,  I just had a bit of tension causing the hose to be level,  a little wiggling the hose around inside the filter door again got it working.  Another 15 minute mod done in only 2 hours.  At least we get to go camping next weekend! :)

I feel your pain Eric!

2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    V - I don't think I have tried putting in my 5 feet of extension hose.  Now I guess I don't have to carry that in the van!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @db_cooper, I can absolutely empathize! I JUST WANNA GO CAMPIN'! :s
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @SAM & @Verna, Thanks to you both! Right now, I have a shelf to finish first! ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    So Verna, do you keep your 5 feet red hose attached to the Rhinoflex when you place it in the hose carrier?  Otherwise, how do you fish it out as it will be clear in the back of the carrier?
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770

db_cooper said:

I think Eric's mod problems are geographic in nature.  While filling the T@B with water this afternoon,  broke that stupid %*)$%* water filler door.  Luckily I had already purchased it's replacement without the door.  Some threads have stated it's 15 minute job,  if you have enough slack.  Of course I didn't.  Off to the hardware store,  got 6 inches of unfortunately non flexible hose and a plastic doohickey to connect two hoses.  After lots of knuckle scraping putting it all together and doing bathroom yoga poses to get my arm in the water filter door, got it all put together.

Go to put water in, and it just comes shooting back out at me.  :angry:    Luckily,  I just had a bit of tension causing the hose to be level,  a little wiggling the hose around inside the filter door again got it working.  Another 15 minute mod done in only 2 hours.  At least we get to go camping next weekend! :)

I feel your pain Eric!

db now has his T@B University YOG@ Badge!!! Congrats! With Dean V and Mike.. he might have even reached Expert level because it was behind the bath wall (and I've done this mod....left DNA behind too). :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @SAM.......ahhhh, I haven't used it, ever!  It's a cheap spacer!  But, I intended to use it with the Blue Boy I bought to use in AZ. But the Blue Boy had plastic wheels and BLM campgrounds and LTVA campgrounds require rubber wheels as the gravel wear out the plastic wheels quickly. The owner is responsible for costs incurred for Hazmat EPA type cleanup if there is a spill. @Ratkity, Goodwill got the Blue Boy that had only been used for gray water. 

So, now I have a Rhino 3' sewer hose with the opaque 90* to use with a 6 gallon Blue Boy and it will be used for the black tank and it will be rinsed out. I think I'll fish the 5' hose out of the tube, tie a good paracord rope to the new 3' hose, slide the hose with cord down the tube, tie  the paracord to the inside of the tube's lid and only pull out the 3' hose when I spend a few weeks at one of my favorite inexpensive campgrounds in AZ. Then I don't have to move the T@B weekly for a visit to the RV dump--I can just take the small Blue Boy a couple of times a week. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    V- but it fits!  All 20 feet!
  • Options
    texasaubiefantexasaubiefan Member Posts: 62
    At least @ericnliz has the right angle.  Beer and the world is right. Even if mods don't work out as planned.  It's the journey right
    2017 T@B 320-S, Sofitel (M@bel)
    Mabel is my great grandmother that I never knew.  She took her 3 sons (ages 8-2) on an epic adventure from Alabama to Florida in the 1930's in the back of a pick up truck.  I named my female English springer spaniel after my mother.  Might as well go for broke with the brownie points in Heaven!   
    TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 
    David & Jill, Houston, TX
  • Options
    @texasaubiefan, Depending on the day, and the project, 'ya gotta make sure you stock up first! I think I finally got rid of the gremlins that were followin' me around last week! By the way, IT'S BEER THIRTY! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Also, beer o'clock..  

I did the Lagun mount today.  I ordered it from England and it came in a day and a half..  wow.. I always try to do my homework here.  I watched a bunch of videos, read Verna's excellent how to and also other posts.  Mine took longer than 20 minutes Verna....  

First, I realized I needed to take the plate out a bit, so I had to buy a nice wood piece.  Also, I had to ditch the bolts and get new longer ones.  Of course, the paper bag holding these developed a hole and by the time I got home, I was missing some and it was back to the store.  I found an ideal tabletop from one of our wood TV trays.  There were four... My wife will never notice one is missing, right?  I would say that it was helpful to have seen a video segment where you are cautioned to use just one bolt, check you table level and then do the other three.  Looks great.  Better half is happy, though looking quizzically at wooden top.
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Atta boy, have another...BEER! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Finally got the shelf mod done. The two sides were easy. ( sort of, had to cut down shelf 4 times taking 1/8 of an inch off each cut so as not to cut it too short ;) ) Cut two brackets, install hangers, place shelf. Stand back to admire handiwork ....... :o:s... center sags...hmmmm. Not only does it sag, but after further scrutinizing, if I put things on the shelf with no support in the middle of the back by the cupboards, it will come down even further, hampering the operation of the cupboard doors.  :| Ha, thought this one would be easy-peasy...NOT! After getting two clip-on brackets, raising shelf to proper height, screwing said brackets in....IT WORKS! Now Liz has a place to put her C-PAP machine out of the way, and we still have more storage. Now I need to figure out how to run the extension cord from the plug-in to the C-PAP machine so it won't interfere with the bed fully made. HMMMM, didn't I see a 2 recepticle plug-in where the Alde plugs in under the bench =) ..............to be continued ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @TerryV6, If she notices the missing TV tray, take her out to the Lagun table, and just simply say..."But  doesn't it look nice dear ?" :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Where is that UPS guy, I wanna get my spare cover installed! :s
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @TerryV6 I saw a FB post yesterday from a woman who was pleased with her husbands new tabletop mod, but thought it looked suspiciously like their tv trays... Coincidence?  ;)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @TerryV6, Uh oh! Word's out mister! You can run, but 'ya can't hide! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Ha, spare tire cover installed! :)  Liz helped & we BOTH walked away unscathed! It's a good day to hug your T@B, er wife, I meant wife! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    You can't pin it on me copper!
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 65
    @ericnliz. What size spare tire cover did you order?  The site I'm using tells me to find a number on the side of the tire, which I can't find. Apparently it is a 26 inch diameter. 
    2014 T@B S Max, TV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, Richland, WA
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    edited July 2017
    The tire and wheel size should look something like this 205/75  14  The first two numbers are the tire size the third number is the wheel size.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @Jeanne, @ericnliz isn't being rude by not answering, they are cooling their heels in a lake right about now.  :)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 65
    @Dalehelman, @Homebodyatheart, Thanks for the tire information and the vacationing update. I will take another look at the tire and see if I can't find those numbers. It has been stored inside T@B and I'm so happy to get it out. 
    2014 T@B S Max, TV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, Richland, WA
  • Options
    @Jeanne, @Dalehelman set you off in the absolute right direction!! Make sure after you order your cover to follow up, and make sure they sent the right size. The company will usually send you an email to confirm the order with a phone #. Good luck, and good question by the way!
    Spokane, Wa.