Options

rkj__'s Ramblings

Comments

• Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    Impressive pics and screen room!
    I noticed your T@B appears to be nose up under tow. Looks like you could drop an inch or more to level it out. Should pull a bit smoother that way.
    Soon Hilton will start sitting patiently by the T@B in the driveway wondering why you haven't left already. ;)
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    edited July 2017
    Impressive pics and screen room!
    I noticed your T@B appears to be nose up under tow. Looks like you could drop an inch or more to level it out. Should pull a bit smoother that way.
    Soon Hilton will start sitting patiently by the T@B in the driveway wondering why you haven't left already. ;)
    You're right, a little more hitch drop would level it out a little more.  When setting it up, I was not sure how much additional sag we would get when fully loaded, so I was happy to pull away with it a little nose high.  As it turned out, we did not get much sag, so even when loaded, it stayed a little nose high.  I was very happy with how smoothly it towed on this trip, so I will probably leave it as is.  There is very little clearance for driving on uneven ground, or installing the wheel under the leveler as it is, so dropping it more would make that worse. 

The ball mount I have already has a ton of drop.  It's a class III, but it is only rated for 5,000 lb because of the massive drop.

I took this shot at a hiking trail head.  Apparently I missed the memo that Toyota was the official truck of that trail.  LOL
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @rkj__, Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a great time was had by all. With the tongue of the trailer a little higher, adding tongue weight is a good idea. I know getting the wheel on & off our T@B can be a challenge at times as well, and going lower with your hitch will make it even more difficult, so I can't say as I blame you for leaving well enough alone. Glad to hear you're enjoying your newly acquired T@B, and have more adventures planned. Have fun & be safe out there! B)  
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I'll give you a brick and a sheep for that wood! :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    I'll give you a brick and a sheep for that wood! :lol:
    I'm serious, I have no wood!  How has nobody rolled a 6 yet?!
  • Options
    :rofl: It's those darn bonfires!!

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @rkj__and @Ratkity- DH says he loves "agrarian societies!"  Have you seen Settlers dice version?  Our T@b game of choice is Carcassonne.  We chose the 2016 because it had a better size table for games! ;) We also usually keep the bed made, but when rain, wind, mosquitoes, or pollen get too much to handle, we love how quickly the bed goes down and the table goes up!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    I'm not sure how many versions of Settlers we have. Sis is the keeper of the games. I have NOT seen the dice version!!! I have got to check that out. w00t! Board gamers unite!
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @Ratkity and @rkj__ I've never heard of this game before. Sounds fun!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    It's a hoot @Homebodyatheart - that is once you get the rules down. LOL. It's a cutthroat game, I tell ya. Not for the faint of heart! We had the expansion set that allowed 6 players. 

Now if you want relatively simple rules, Kings Court was a classic. It was too much like UNO and had to stop producing the game, but I can hook you up with the cards and instructions :wink: Too much fun!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Looks lovely.  2 and 4 legged enjoyed the trip!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    OMGosh! Great picts! I'm glad the mosquitos were sleepy because of the cooler temps. Thanks for sharing <3
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Idyllic! This is why we camp! And a tired dog is a happy dog. Thank you for sharing.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Thanks for sharing! Glad to hear you've tried everything out, now you're pros! ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    edited August 2017
    Nice pics, but your wine looks a little, eh, pale...  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    With each trip that passes, it seems my ramblings have become more and more about the places, and experiences, and less about the T@b trailer.  I guess that's a good thing, as the trailer has mostly been working well for us.  I'm considering migrating my ramblings to a blog platform for that reason, if I continue with the trip reports.  Feel free to chime in on that.

Anyway, despite some longer than anticipated drives, we had another fun weekend trip.  This time, we headed east, to Murphy's Point Provincial Park.  The park is a good size and nicely forested.  It's unique features include trails, wildlife, some old homesteads, and and old mica mine. 

I spotted 4 or 5 deer on the trip, which was nice.

Some added company on this trip added an extra tent to our campsite. 
    Though we had neighbours close by, they were very quiet and respectful, which was great.

One thing we have been lacking on our previous trips was an organized garbage solution.  We finally remedied that with a 19L (5 gal) foot pedal garbage can.  We both enjoyed the addition, as it is much better than dealing with a loose floppy garbage bag. 

With no more trips on the calendar, we made sure to book one on our drive home, so we have something to look forward to!

• Options
    Nice & once again thanks for sharing your adventure. Just a note, collapsible garbage containers are available. Just put a liner in it, and you're done. We bought one when we were still tent camping & it was one of the best purchases we've made to date. Stores flat & pops up for use. Might want to take a look on Amazon for one. :)  
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    Nice & once again thanks for sharing your adventure. Just a note, collapsible garbage containers are available. Just put a liner in it, and you're done. We bought one when we were still tent camping & it was one of the best purchases we've made to date. Stores flat & pops up for use. Might want to take a look on Amazon for one. :)  
    I assumed there would be a collapsible solution, but did not really investigate.  There is plenty of room inside the trailer during transport, and once we arrive at camp, the space it occupies outside the trailer is of no concern.

What style to you use, one of the spring / cylinder types?

One other equipment related note I was reminded of... On this trip, I noticed a small hole in the sewer hose.  I noticed it when a small amount of black water leaked out at our last dump.  I was so thankful the failure was not sudden, and catastrophic.  Dodged a land mine there.  I will need to replace the hose before next trip.
  • Options
    @rkj__, Yes, one of the spring/cylinder types. Good thing 'ya found the leak in the hose. I had to laugh at the "dodged a land mine" description! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Well, we made a rookie mistake this weekend to start off our latest trip.  

After a long drive, we arrived late at out camp site, and set up the minimum to get ready for bed.  Turned on the heat, as it was about 5C.  Nothing happened.  Tried various settings.  Nothing.  Too tired to solve problems, we just went to bed.  Fortunately, my wife had ensured we had good blankets and slept fine, despite the low temperatures.

In the morning, this forum taught me where the Alde fuses are.  Sure enough, I dropped one of the green holders into the gap of doom, but I did find a blown fuse.  Fortunately, a 15km drive took us to a Home Hardware where we were able to procure some 3A fuses. A touch below the suggested 3.15A, but it got the system running.  I'm hoping it will be a little less frosty in our trailer tonight.

So the lesson here is, don't assume the forum people with their spare fuses are just paranoid.  Sometimes fuses blow.  It could happen to you.  Be prepared.  
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Nope, we're not paranoid!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Yep, fuses are cheap and really come in handy.  An essential backup item.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    We ALWAYS carry 2 spares!!! One blows, I go buy 2 more! @rkj__ , If 'ya have to change those fuses again, grab a paper plate, or piece of paper & slide it underneath first. Saves watching :o the little green cover go into the "gap of doom"! Call the parts Dept., and get yourself a new one (and a spare wouldn't hurt!). ;) Glad to hear you got it fixed, and are now warm & toasty! Camp on!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    The 3A fuse kept the Alde running, and our trailer nice and cozy for the rest of the trip.  I was happy to get the issue solved, and focus on enjoying the trip. 

There was so much to enjoy at Samuel de Champlain Provincial Park, and the Eau Claire Gorge.  We got some rain, so we spent a touch more time in the trailer, and did not get out on the bicycles at all.  But, we still managed to Do lots of exploring, hiking, and rented a canoe. 

I promised pictures, so here are a few:

After the first cold night, I went down to the water to enjoy this view:

Went on a challenging hike.

Enjoyed some views

Recharged by the fire

Checked out the visitor centre

Went to check out the Eau Claire Gorge.  Highly recommended.

Re-fueled, and rested up in the trailer, when it was raining outside.

Rented a canoe, to explore the views from a small lake

Found the beach deserted on Labour Day around noon.

The drive home was a little tiring, when you combined the traffic with thunderstorms that followed us the whole way home.  It got really dark, really early.  Driving in the rain, in the dark, is not my favourite, but fortunately, we made it home safe.  The Burlington Skyway Bridge exposed us to high winds, and driving rain, but the T@b towed great.  No sway noticed, and I did not feel like I was getting blown out of my lane either.  Oh the joys of a small trailer!

We look forward to the fall colours as they start to emerge!

• Options
    Thanks for sharing another one of your adventures!!! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Love the photos! Thanks!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    LOVE it! Thank you for sharing. :)
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    Loved the pics!  Sounds like the seasons are starting to change...
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA