Front Window installation

Has anyone seen installation instructions for the opening front window.  Just received  the new window  today didn't see instructions.  I have an email into Elsie about this.
Happy Trails,
Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    That's an Elsie question. We have no instructions for that. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    Thanks @Verna, we will wait on a response from Elsie.
    Happy Trails,

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Elsie is the best! I ordered another front window, too, but decided to tape the crack till the end of the season. Elsie told me it was very simple. Carefully remove the 4 handles. There should be 4 screws holding the window on. Unscrew these, remove window, replace with new window and reverse the process to install it. Never hurts to get it straight from the source, though. Let me know if I'm wrong. :)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @driftless, I changed the category on this post due to @db_cooper giving such detailed instructions. I think we have instructions now!  Thanks @db_cooper!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Nice job.  Looks original.  You will appreciate the ventilation.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    This is something I would like to do next year.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• lauriehartlauriehart Member Posts: 11
    How much did the replacement window (that opens) cost?
    @lauriehart, the cost of the window was $260 plus shipping.  We ordered it on the Nucamp store website. 
    Happy Trails,

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    driftless said:
    @lauriehart, the cost of the window was $260 plus shipping.  We ordered it on the Nucamp store website. 
    If moving from a permanently closed window, ypu will need to plan for a new day/night shade, too.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

@lauriehart the shade assembly cost was $163.
    Happy Trails,

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Niiiice!!!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • ReenieGReenieG Member Posts: 175
    My front window nearly fell out when I went to open it. I can't seem to figure out what's missing to hold it into the track. Is there a pic somewhere? I'm trying to see if I can simply replace the missing part, not the whole window assembly. Has anyone done this? Maybe a modification? TIA
    2018 T@B 320S / 2020 Chevy Traverse V6 AWD / Phoenix, AZ
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ReenieGReenieG Member Posts: 175
    edited February 2022
    EDIT: I'm understanding more about the window assembly now and I see the "metal rail" is the aluminum rail that the top hinge of the window is seated in.
    @Sharon_is_SAM thank you for the link, however, I still can't make out what is missing on my window. It seems there's a metal bar from what @db_cooper is saying above, "There is a set screw holding the metal rail in place, so remove that. You have to open the window up very high to see the set screw, and also to slide it out to the side.  The metal bar will come out with the window, and will fall out when you get the window 3/4 out, so have the second person ready to grab that. Then have them help you finish sliding the window out."
    I see the screw, I see the window, but I don't see any "metal rail" that can fall out, so I'm thinking my "metal rail" is missing and want to see what it looks like to see if I can fabricate something vs buying a whole new window assembly!

2018 T@B 320S / 2020 Chevy Traverse V6 AWD / Phoenix, AZ