Options

Washington State East Meets West - Second Annual Gathering - May 17-20, 2018

Comments

• Options
    BirdieJaneBirdieJane Member Posts: 237
    edited October 2017
    We have reserved C-85, coming in Friday the 18th staying through Monday 21st. Our first Tab gathering. Looking forward to a great weekend.

Looks like C is now full.
    2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Great! If you wouldn't mind would you message me your names so I can add you to the roster? Thanks! I look forward to meeting you! BTW I love your screen name!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Update for the week: 33 sites have been booked with 54 people and a number of furry four footed friends along for the fun. This will be a fun gathering!

For those interested in coming, there are a few sites open in Loop B, and even more in Loop A (dry camping, but a nice space!).

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    thoreau24thoreau24 Member Posts: 4
    Looks like we are going to join you all for our first t@b gathering!  We booked site 65.  We are coming from Utah and it will be my husband and myself along with our golden retriever, Rebus.  Look forward to meeting everyone!  Jeri and Nathan Walker
    Wee Be@stie - Red & Grey 2017 T@B 320 pulled with a grey 2020 Toyota Tacoma.  Not all those who wander are lost.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @thoreau24, Looking forward to meeting you folks! Very glad you decided to join us.  :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    konabobkonabob Member Posts: 2
    I have reserved a spot in the A loop, next to the river should be nice.
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    konabob said:
    I have reserved a spot in the A loop, next to the river should be nice.
    I saw in the Tabazona post that your from Bellingham, WA. Our kids (@Sandiegogal and I), live in Burlington and we stay at Larrabee state park when we're up there. We in fact will be camping at Larrabee for a few days, before we head out to WA East meets West in May. But, we'll be at Tabazona in January too, look forward to meeting up there first.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    @konabob great! Which site number will you be in? We have T@bbers in A16 and 18, too! It will be nice to meet you!
  • Options
    @konabob, You'll love it!!! Very nice spots by the river, and pretty roomy as well. Looking forward to meeting you! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    creamsiclecreamsicle Member Posts: 18
    An Oregonian coming too. site 39 Loop B. See you then.
    Nancy
  • Options
    @creamsicle that's great! I've got you on the list, and look forward to meeting you! 
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    I'm looking to kill about a week from May 21 to May 28 on my way to Seattle (Sammamish) from the East Meets West gathering.
    If anyone has suggestions about places to camp (Lake Wenatchee?) I'd love to hear them.  

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    @Marceline - you have lots of great options... Chelan or Leavenwoth are great.  Or you could head to the Olympic Penninsula... Ft. Worden is awesome.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    We love Larrabee State Park close to Bellingham wa...https://parks.state.wa.us/536/Larrabee
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    edited December 2017
    2Cougs said:
    @Marceline - you have lots of great options... Chelan or Leavenwoth are great.  Or you could head to the Olympic Penninsula... Ft. Worden is awesome.
    Thanks. I'm heading to Whidbey Island and Olympic Peninsula after spending a week in Sammamish with family. 
    When you say "Leavenworth" do you mean the Lake Wenatchee State Park campgrounds or something else?
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    @Marceline you can google Leavenworth. It’s a Bavarian themed town on Highway 2 on the East side of the Cascades. Beautiful country!
  • Options
    Lincoln Rock update:
    Site 87 in C Loop just opened up for four nights.
    Our current head count is 35 Tab/Tag/Tada’s with 58 folk plus pups! 
    It should be fun!
  • Options
    Oh, my! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need a bigger Pit Barrel! ;) Sounds like a LOT of fun!!!!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    We are so looking forward to meeting our North West Tab friends as we plotting and planning our California exit strategy in retirement.
  • Options
    @dsatwork I'm looking forward to meeting both of you, too! 

@ericnliz if nothing else, the three potlucks are going to be amazing! Don't forget I have extra freezer space, and two coolers I'll have room to tote if you have overflow! I'd be happy to help. Oh, and that reminds me...bring an umbrella in case @ericnliz has inside-screen room water feature again! :rofl:
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, At least the inside one was sprayin' outside....the outside one was the one that was sprayin' inside getting everything wet! I might have to bring an extra dish pan for those rouge sprinklers! =);)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594

Have booked space ( "T@b annex"); Loop A-15.

Will be there assuming factory ordered 320 S arrives in time & I get comfortable towing before having to face mountain passes or two-lane highways . . . .

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options

Have booked space ( "T@b annex"); Loop A-15.

Will be there assuming factory ordered 320 S arrives in time & I get comfortable towing before having to face mountain passes or two-lane highways . . . .

good luck...hope you can make
  • Options
    @MuttonChops that's great! Last year's gathering was my first long trip towing. I caravaned with two other T@bs from here and did just fine (right @ericnliz and @Dalehelman?). There are others coming from the wet side of the mountains and maybe you could caravan with them? @AldebaranJill, any ideas for him? I've got you on the Lincoln Rock list, and look forward to meeting you! BTW, towing the T@b is a breeze, and she's my first trailer, so there was a learning curve. After one season it's second nature! Have fun, and see you there!
  • Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 451
    @MuttonChops - Happy to assist.
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • Options
    Time for an update. We are less than three months out from the 2018 East Meets West Lincoln Rock Gathering! It's almost hard for those of us who are snow and ice bound at the moment to remember how to camp. Almost! This should be a fun gathering!

At last count we have 36 sites booked by 61 people and an assortment of four legged family. There are still some sites open in A Loop. It's for tent camping but Tab's can dry camp there, too! Very nice sites with shade, nice facilities and water spigots around.

The tentative schedule is much like last year, but with some exciting new additions:

Thursday, May 17, a 7pm dessert potluck. Location will be announced later. Bring something delicious to share!

Friday, May 18, and Saturday, May 19 we will have our Lincoln Rock homes tour, details to follow but for all who are returning I promise to bring no orange flags! Friday and Saturday nights, from 5:30-6pm on our Pit Barrel Master, Eric of @ericnliz will once again fill our bellies with his amazing pit bbq meat. This is a potluck for the rest of the meal, along with any dessert leftovers. The C Loop does not have a shelter for group sitting, etc so each brings their own chairs, etc. Because Eric is kind enough to provide the meat and work to make it melt in your mouth we will have a contribution jar to help him offset his costs. He also would love company and a hand or two during the day as needed. Following dinner Yannis has generously offered to provide campfire and sing along at his site. Bring your own chairs, etc.

Sunday is the last planned day, and is intentionally relaxed so folk can do what they need to do before they leave.

We do have two needs: First, if anyone has an extra folding table they can bring it would be appreciated at Eric's site for the potluck food. With this many people we will need a few more tables set for the weekend. Second, we have had a request for a line dancing class and line dancing. Nothing fancy, just some direction and fun. Let me know if you can help with this!

We look forward to meeting all of you!
    Becky and friends, aka Team Lincoln Rock
  • Options
    Some suggestions for yummy stuff on the Pit Barrel would be helpful. Might want to start with some ideas for the potluck as well so there won't be a bunch of duplicate dishes. (Not that I'm opposed to grazing a little mind you. ;))
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Sawtooth, have you checked this one out yet? Great gathering & coming up soon! 
    P.S. Don't you just hate it when work gets in the way? :angry::anguished::s
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    LisaHLisaH Member Posts: 29
    Hello! I am new to the forum. My husband & I picked up our 2018 320 S boondock last weekend. This is our first trailer so lots to learn. I just reserved A21 for May 18-20. Unfortunately, can’t come out until late Friday night. This will be our first dry camping. Looking forward to meeting fellow t@bbers and picking up lots of tips. 
    2018 T@b 320S Boondock, towed by 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
  • Options
    @LisaH, Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you folks. Lots of seasoned folks will be there, so feel free to pick their brains, ask advise, or just look around at what others have done to make their T@Bs unique! :)
    Spokane, Wa.