Options

Washington State East Meets West - Second Annual Gathering - May 17-20, 2018

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
     ;) 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Norgaard_ChCaNorgaard_ChCa Member Posts: 12
    @ericnliz 
    @homebodyatheart
    @SeaTownTab
    B48 Loop - Norgaard forum - first names Chris and Cathy.  We are attending and looking forward to meeting and spending trailer time with the group. Will arrive Thursday. Coming from Federal Way.
    2017 T@B 320S silver with blue trim, towed by 6 cylinder RAV
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    @Norgaard_ChCa- Yay!  Can’t wait to meet you.  Looking forward to the start of camping season!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    SeaTownTabSeaTownTab Member Posts: 6
    For the attendee list, we are also going to have two kids and a dog :)
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @SeaTownTab May we have their names for their name badges? You can always message me here. Thanks!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    BirdieJaneBirdieJane Member Posts: 237
    edited May 2018
    We have booked site 93 for Thursday night. Won’t be leaving Bellingham until 4:00 pm. We are in site 85 Friday and Saturday nights.
    2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn
  • Options
    I ordered the Pit Barrel Jr. today. Should be here in time for Lincoln Rock. I guess if you rattle the "out of stock" barrel hard enough, eventually SOMEONE listens!!!! Let the BBQ begin!!!! :joy:=)B)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Yay!!!! Yummm!!! Can’t wait!!!

• Options
    My "plan" is to bring both Pit Barrels....Sr. & Jr. That way, if other folks have things they want to contribute to the pot luck that need to be cooked, we won't have to be hauling it back & forth. If you have plans in this direction, please let me know so that I may plan accordingly. (charcoal, meat hangers...etc.) Thanks! B)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, the gal with the salmon is bringing an induction grill to cook it on. She figures five pounds, feeding about 20 people.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Sounds good, I was just curious if anyone else was bringing something that would need to be grilled, smoked, or BBQ'd!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    edited May 2018

SITE AVAILABLE,  as of May 3th 1:30PM PDT

by Thursday evening A-15 was taken for Saturday/Sunday

I Had to change my reservation which has opened up Site A-15 for the full weekend.

May 4th site status

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    @MuttonChops, Thanks for sharing in quick order! Hope it helps someone wanting to attend! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Some pics from last year! 
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Thanks for sharing! Liz had SOOOO much fun last year! I miss my sweet wife a lot!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Her great smile will be missed 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    @ericnliz- What am I supposed to pack to keep from getting sprinkled on like you last year?! ;)

• Options
    @2Cougs, probably a divining rod to check for hidden sprinkler heads!  =)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @2Cougs, A blaster squirt gun! FIGHT BACK. Complacency is futile!!!! Oh, and a BIG wash tub for that outa' control sprinkler that is pointed at you instead of away from you. Along with the new dance moves you'll learn tryin' not to get wet whilst dodging the other ones spraying you while you trying to flip the washtub upside down on top of the renegade one.  :o At one point during the time the Park Service guys were adjusting the sprinkler heads, I was basically surrounded by out of control....badly needing adjusting sprinklers. Just grab yer camp chair, a nice cool adult beverage, and wait out the onslaught! ;)B) I did. =) Oh, and just so 'ya know...the water feature sites are "special order" only! :joy:
    @Homebodyatheart.....a diving rod...really? That would totally ruin yer free entertainment. I'm pretty sure YOU are the only one that got to see the whole episode! Don't think I couldn't hear the laughter coming from a not so distant campsite. If it happens this year, I'm sellin' tickets & they ain't gonna be cheap! Dance lessons at 4:00... :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    NOTICE: I just got my reminder for my reservations at Lincoln Rock this morning. Time is closin' in! Next week, next week! :joy::)B)
    Just checked the 10 day weather for the rally in East Wenatchee: high 70's to low 80's! YE-HAH!  B)=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    UPDATE:

Washington State East Meets West 2018

We’re getting excited about the second annual Washington State East Meets West Lincoln Rock gathering! Here a list of the scheduled events. You will receive a welcome packet that includes a sites map, schedule, and list of who is camped where. We have intentionally left large blocks of free time. We will gather, meet, talk, and share. Oh, and eat well!

Lincoln Rock, and Wenatchee have a lot to offer! There are great paved bike trails, and lots of places to explore in the surrounding area.

The gathering committee also wants to thank NuCamp for the items they have provided for all of us to enjoy! They want to help support gatherings around the country, and it has been a pleasure working with them on this. I also want to thank those who help me with this gathering. Your help and input has been invaluable! Thank you!

Becky aka Homebodyatheart, gathering host

The "Basics": First, have fun, relax and enjoy this time! When we gather for potlucks (dessert Thursday night, dinner Friday and Saturday) bring your own chairs, plates, silverware, and beverages along with your item to share.

Business items: We are asking a $10 per site donation to help us offset the cost of a custom made memento we will be including in the welcome bag, name badges, etc. A second donation (no set amount) is requested to help Eric offset his cost of the meat he is BBQing. There will be two marked containers for these, and we appreciate your help with this.

Thursday May 17:

Arrivals and set up

7pm Dessert potluck. Bring a dessert to share and your own "basics."

Friday May 18:

10am Tour of Homes and Swap or Sell for gently used gear. Details will be on your welcome sheet. 

Have a few camping or trailer items you are ready to part with? You can put them out at your site to sell or trade. (Unfortunately there is no convenient covered area with tables at the park, so we're winging it.)

6pm Potluck dinner. Eric has again offered to bring his pit BBQ's and fix another amazing BBQ for us. He also appreciates an extra hand throughout the day to help him with the BBQ. It's a nice time to kick back, relax, chat, and help him out. Bring a potluck dish to share, and your "basics."

After dinner Yannis has graciously offered to provide campfire sing-along time at his site. Bring a chair and your enthusiasm!

Saturday May 19:

10am Tour of Homes, round 2 for gear Swap or Sell. Same as yesterday.

6pm potluck at host Eric's site. Bring “Basics.”

Sunday May 20:

Last planned gathering day, free time to mingle.

There will be a post on the T@b Forum (tab-rv.vanillaforums.com) for people to share pics they’ve taken. We need to keep the Forum picture sizing rules in mind: “When attaching photos to a posting please take the time to re-size your photos as it will help us save space on the forum.  Attached photos should be approximately 800 pixels wide maximum for landscape photos and 600 pixels tall for any vertical shots you post.” If you need help resizing pictures, ask on the Forum. There are folks who are happy to help with this!

If you've got any questions, just ask. See you all soon!

• Options
    Received my Pit Barrel Jr. yesterday! Yipee! Let the BBQ games begin. This one is PERFECT for camping, and/or tailgating. The big one is going to stay home except for the occasional need to cook for larger groups. The Jr. size is easier to pack around, and uses about half of the charcoal! Can't wait to try it out!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    I have been prep'ing as well . . . just completed my most difficult road drive and two nights of dry camping.

Believe I'm ready to take on the Cascade Mountains and three nights of A-Loop dry camp.
    So do like (or is it Love) my selection of a T@B instead of an R-Pod or the other style TT that were researched.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    @MuttonChops, it's a very nice dry camping area - water spigots at various intervals, nice bathrooms with showers, too, and you have a river view. Lots of tree shade, which will be nice. The 10 day forecast looks amazing, too! I think one or two others will be there early, too, so you will have company from one of the loops till we invade the park. Ranger Dennis is looking forward to having us there again! Which reminds me...I have to call and ask about their watering schedule while we're there, right @ericnliz;)
  • Options
    @HomebodyatheartYa' THINK???????? Either that, or furnish some cool water toys at check-in!
    @MuttonChops, I'm looking forward to meeting you. I've traveled over the Cascades several times with the T@B, and it's REALLY not as bad as you would think. Ha! Go over Sherman Pass with the 8 to 10% grade if you wanna REALLY test things out! :o;)
    The first times we took our T@B out was all dry camping at Ft. Spokane, and several other places with no hook-ups, but available water, and bathroom accessibility. I've also camped with NO facilities, only using solar panels, on-board water, and T@B facilities. Quite frankly, the peacefulness outweighs the conveniences by far. I've really enjoyed the versatility of the T@B, as I'm sure you will as well. The "A" loop at Lincoln Rock is actually one of the nicer, roomier facilities that I've seen. 
    We're less than a week away & I'm really looking forward to this. Cabin fever is really gettin' old at this point & it will be a welcome break. :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    clgauldingclgaulding Member Posts: 5
    East Meets West May 17th - 20th , 2018 at Lincoln Rock State Park

Although we do live in Bellingham and would love to meet up and form a caravan across Highway 2, we will be headed to Lincoln Rock from Leavenworth.  See you on the 17th.   Clark and Cookie Gaulding.  Site C69.
  • Options
    @clgaulding message @konabob here on the forum. He offered to coordinate a caravan from your part of the State. You are both coming from the Bellingham. Also, there is a new Tab owner coming from Orcas (Catiya; also Yannis Fryssas coming from B.C. with their Tada - both are on FB-T@da, T@b, T@g Camper Trailer Owners (closed group)), Rob and Karole (forum)from Camano Island, and @IslandJo (forum) coming from Whidbey. You can all figure out a fairly central parking lot to meet up in, and come over together. 
  • Options
    @clgaulding, Enjoy your time in Leavenworth! Liz & I went there at Christmas right after we got married & had an AWESOME time (pre-T@B). Very festive little town. I still want to make it there for October fest. THAT also looks like fun. It won't take you long to get to Lincoln Rock from there at all. See you on the 17th, and in the meantime...HAVE FUN!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    @Homebodyatheart we would have been coming from Bellingham area too, before we turned our lives upside down and decided to sell our house and move into an 27' Airstream trailer. We are still coming this summer, but none the less, we are sorry to miss this event, even more so, now that the dust has settled a little.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    @dsatwork, Does that mean you sold your T@B????? :o:s
    Spokane, Wa.