Options

Washington State East Meets West - Second Annual Gathering - May 17-20, 2018

Comments

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    ericnliz said:
    @dsatwork, Does that mean you sold your T@B????? :o:s
    Nope we just live in the Airstream..... see there's the Tab view from our Airstream.... all tucked away until the next adventure.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Whew! Ya' had me worried there for a minute! :worried:;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @dsatwork WHEW! Glad you still have it! Your life hasn't been dull or boring, has it? We will miss you both this week, but there will be pics!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Time for another pic from 2017!

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    It’s almost time to gather at Lincoln Rock! Just a reminder when you are settled in to swing by site 68 to pick up your welcome bag. It will have your name badges and map with schedule of events. Many thanks from myself and my team for joining in this gathering! See you all soon!
  • Options
    @Honutab thanks for this great pic of C Loop last year! It’s such a beautiful area! Looking forward to seeing you both soon!
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Just saw a posting on Washington State Tabers  76c had to cancel due to death in the family.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    @Dalehelman Dick and Mary booked it.  :)
  • Options
    R_CUP_A_TabR_CUP_A_Tab Member Posts: 12
    Nanette and I(Terry) are looking forward to seeing all you T@Bbers. We're on site 17A. Looks like many returns from last year plus many new. We are planning a bike ride, probably on Friday and/or Saturday to Wenatchee. Look us up on site 17A, if interested.
    2017 T@B S Max; 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5L; Curt Hitch
  • Options
    @R_CUP_A_Tab Yay! I'm glad you got a site. Just remember...no crows in your screen room this year, OK? By my count there will be 7 Tabs in A Loop, so you will have good company. See you soon!
  • Options
    jplusjjplusj Member Posts: 10
    Hello!
    We picked up our 2018 320S late last year, and the first thing we did was reserve a spot for the East Meets West gathering, but are just now joining in the discussion!   We have a long standing reservation for C-87 and will arrive on Thursday the 17th, staying through the weekend.  

"We" are John and Janet from Kirkland, WA and we are very much looking forward to meeting this fun group and seeing all the creative ways you more experienced Tabbers are outfitting your T@Bs.  We still have a lot to learn!  

Let us know if you need more info about us before Thursday (not sure how to message you though).

Glad we finally found our way back to this forum-there is lots here.  Thanks to you organizers!

See you all on Thursday!   
  • Options
    To all interested: I will be bringing my Pahaque side tent to sell to Lincoln Rock. I'm asking $300.00 cash for it. Liz & I only used this tent twice. I will furnish details as needed at Lincoln Rock. If interested, please let me know. Thanks.
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @jplusj Welcome to the forum! Check out the Help Computer and System Category for a variety of information about using the computer on the forum-to send a private message here, tap on the user name of a member, and when the new page opens, tap on the Message box to the right of the username. A new narrative box opens where you can type your message. If you just tap the username and start typing in the big narrative box that appears, any message you type there will go to the Activity, or member’s Wall and is viewable by anyone. The problem is, most of us rarely LOOK at our own or the forum’s Activity messages, so your intended addressee may never see your message. No, not real intuitive. Have fun and Happy Tabbing!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @jplusj - See you at Lincoln Rock!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    @jplusj that's exciting! Once you're settled in drop by site 68 for your welcome bag. It will have your schedule for the weekend, and who is where. There are quite a few Tabbers coming from your side of the mountains, too. Maybe you can hook up with others up at Indian John rest stop to caravan together. I look forward to meeting you both!
  • Options
    @ericnliz what color is the tent? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Hmmm, I actually have to THINK this early? Pretty sure it's gray & green. Green trim, gray body if I remember correctly. After we bought the 14'x12' screen room, we didn't use the tent. The screen room just fit our needs better. (You could always get Ladybug decals!) :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Nope...I'm good with my setup now. I just thought other inquiring minds might want to know. =)
  • Options
    As of this morning we have 43 trailers and 70 people, plus pups. Should be a fun gathering! See you all soon!
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,591

West -2- East Road Choices Ramblings

Getting there is or should be a fun part of any travel destination with Lincoln Rock Park no exception. For western Washington travels US2 seems the logical route. But US2 is all 2-lane with several sections that are just painful to drive plus there is Stevens Pass.

So could I90 to Cle Elum then US97 via Blewett Pass save some driving stress? There is the lower elevation of Snoqualmie Pass and multiple lanes to Cle Elum after all.

I90/US97 adds about 30 miles to the drive,
    18 of those miles are extra up hill climbing with an elevation rise of ~ 1300 feet.
    That does not sound so bad - - - except it is nearly as bad as driving up the steepest section of eastbound Snoqualmie Pass a second time without as many lanes.

Expect I will challenge myself with US2, but then . . . . . .

Elevation Comparison Graph
    Used a Bike Route Web Page to create elevation vs. road milepost picture,
    Used Picture Manual Data Digitizer program to plot ~70 points from the Bike Routes,
    Spreadsheet Graph of two different routes with overlap at Lincoln Rock Park final miles.

Was surprised to see Blewett Pass is about the same eastbound to summit as Stevens Pass.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Head count as of this morning is 43 trailers (Tada, Tab, and 400's), and 70 people, plus pups. Just fair warning the park will be turning on sprinklers at 30 minute rotation intervals Thursday only starting at 10am. They are aimed pretty well towards the grass. Not sure about Monday for those who are staying over.
  • Options
    IslandJoIslandJo Member Posts: 60
    @R_CUP_A_Tab We're bringing bikes too. 
    2018 T@B CS-S on an Outback axle 
    2017 Toyota Tacoma with tow package
    Pacific Northwest 
  • Options
    HonutabHonutab Member Posts: 24
    just doing the final preps now! Leaving early Thursday.  Heading up 90 to 970 at Cle Elum then up 97.  hope to see some TABs on the way!
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Arrived earlier today. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    @Honutab I'm working on packaging up food for the trip. Other than packing it all in, and packing clothes I think we're ready! It all goes in by bedtime tomorrow so we can head out early. @Dalehelman , enjoy your quiet time!  =)
  • Options
    ddegddeg Member Posts: 8
    I got here today around 5pm. It is very beautiful here and quiet!
    2017 T@B S-Max Outback 
    2013 Toyota Highlander
    David & Bonnie
    Spokane, WA.

• Options
    @Dalehelman, Do me a favor & do some recon on site 83 for sprinkler invasion! :rofl::fearful::worried:  :o:s=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Hey @Ratkity I’ll save you a front row seat if you could make it!

@ericnliz... :rofl:
  • Options
    And......they're off to yet another adventure! Travel safe everyone & I'll see you there!
    Spokane, Wa.