Options

Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    St Paddy's day at Trap Pond, DE. :lucky:   Will you be dug out by then? :sunglasses: 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    :rofl: You're pretty funny today! More fluffy white stuff is on the way tomorrow, and the rest of the weekend. At least it's gettin' ABOVE 30* during the day. I'll need to dig a trench to check out the frame crackin'. Once I git under the trailer, I'll need somebody on "standby" to grab my feet & pull my well-seasoned tukas out again! Welcome to the great Inland North West! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    By the way....haven't heard from the Magic Wand lady (@Verna) lately...at least I can walk around unscathed with no "ZAP" marks! How are you...and better yet..where are you? I hope all is well. (Somebody has to keep track of these Admin folks!) :D
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I’m here, @ericnliz.  My former employer’s cell service decided to throttle me on “Off Network” data (actually they cut me off at 400@ mb 4 days into the new month), so I have to tolerate the very slow WiFi here. 

I’m staying warm, although my “city water” 100’ of on-the-ground water hose briefly froze yesterday morning. I guess the sand didn’t keep it quite warm enough. I even spent time two days ago wrapping the hose bib at the road with Reflectex and at the hose on the side of the T@B. Luckily, the interior pipes were fine and I had filled my fresh water tank just in case the outside hose froze. 

Sunny Day has been enjoying riding around in a milk crate on the rear of my electric assist bicycle. I love that thing!  I pedal without the electric motor while going west, but I turn the electric assist on to climb the slope back to my campsite. My knee sure does appreciate the assist ;)

All is well in the Southwest, and after I finish helping to build a friend’s deck, then I’ll have a look-see at my T@B’s frame. Amazon has supplied me with enough cardboard to lay on...there’s something creepy about laying on the sand without salt water nearby!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 906
    Careful @Verna - “Sunny Day has been enjoying riding around in a milk crate ” makes me picture the opening scene of Wizard of Oz! ;) But I am a bit envious... no bike riding here with snow on the ground and -7 when we wake up!  I’m with @ericnliz dreaming of camping weather!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Glad to hear all is well in @Verna-ville! Sounds like you're making the best of things & Sunny Day has the GREAT Chauffeur. Walkin' on sand HAS to be a lot nicer than the crunch of frozen fluffy white stuff! (AND more on the way over the weekend! :s) Send some heat this way....it's been tough keepin' this well-seasoned tukas warm in minus degree weather lately! Good thoughts your way, have fun!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Today makes two months since my dear Liz passed. Miss 'ya more all the time sweet lady. :heart:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    You are in our thoughts Eric.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks, I appreciate that! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    In my thoughts too. I can't believe time has passed. :hug:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Ratkity, hugs back at 'ya! :hug::)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, maybe that's the way memories of an amazing person are supposed to be. In memory "time", it's only been a heartbeat. <3
  • Options
    @Ratkity, & all my T@B friends...take a gander at the post "Collaborative Mod" posted by @2Cougs. Just one of the memories in my future. :heart:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @ericnliz I wouldn't miss it! :)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Hey, @Ratkity, How's about some up-dated photos of yer cute lil' Popper???? =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    But @Ratkity he’s so CUTE! :rofl: 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Oh yeah @Homebodyatheart, he plays the "cute card" constantly. It works with other people, but his furMama is aware of this tactic. The cat has never fallen for it. Popper still thinks he's a cute tiny little puppy. He's getting big fast!
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited March 2018
    @Ratkity You've gotta be a strong furMama to resist that wide-eyed innocent, unjustly accused adorable look!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    :fearful::rofl:, @Ratkity, Thanks for sharing the "jail time " picture. :look_at_the_time::lol: That is, in fact a "look" only the furMama can see through. However, looking at the paw gesture, he KNOWS he's in deep do-do!  ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @ericnliz and is just waiting for a tummy rub to assure him he's forgiven?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    He is adorable.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Twojgrams said:
    @ericnliz and is just waiting for a tummy rub to assure him he's forgiven?
    Thanks for all the "awwwwws". Yes, he's a tummy "wub" puppy. He also likes one spot on his chest that makes him melt onto the floor. Then expects the tummy "wub" next. 

He helped with the downed limbs in the backyard today. I threw one in the pile, and he'd grab it and run. A thrown ball was a good distraction. I'm not sure who was more tired when we were done. 

I can't wait until he stops teething!!!

His reply to finding two small oak branches and making it look like one exploded. "Wha? The kat musta done it"

• Options
    @Ratkity, Gotta love the "half-mast" ear goin' on! I'm pretty sure that branch isn't the only thing he'll try to blame on the cat! He's gettin' to be a right handsome feller though. :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Today’s low tech mod to keep the cabinets cracked open for storage ventilation: pool noodle chunks. I am hiding out in L@dybug this afternoon, doing small chores. There was some condensation in the cabinet under the sink so I’ve brought the Damp-rid back in till spring.
  • Options
    I did the same thing with my bathroom door for ventilation after coming home for camping or drying it out after a shower. 
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    edited March 2018
    Is it camping season yet?  Soon we will have our last snowfalls, and then we will be left with mud for the next while, which is not great for hikes in the woods... 

In the mean time, my wife and I have been doing too much shopping in preparation for the coming season.  Jackets, hats, boots, backpacks.  North Face, Columbia, Oboz, Thule.  Oh, and some essentials like bug nets, and a first aid kit.  All the new swag is starting to add to the itch to camp.  It's looking like our next trip will be in early April. 

In other news, the Adventure Poodle is growing...

2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    OMG!! So so cute!! You can tell there's no hint of my Popper in your pup. He's a snow plow. Instead of footie prints, you'd have little nose trails all over the snow. You'd also get a very cold nose pressed against you periodically. Nothing like have a job as a butler, chef, chauffeur, tour guide, personal groomer, doorman and now nose-warmer! Oh, and for me and my teething land-shark? Ice cube maker. None of that crushed stuff either. Big old chunky pieces of ice.
  • Options
    @rkj__, Nice lookin' Adventure Poodle! Had to laugh at the last shot...that snow dancin' WILL wear a feller plum out! ;)
    @Dalehelman, Take a look at the weather forecast....looks like brighter, sunnier days are on their way! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Here’s a question......If you are camping in a dispersed campground without electricity at the campsites (lots of solar panels to be seen!), and the power goes off in the community, how do you know the power is off?

1. Worse WiFi than normal, as in no WiFi!
    2. No lights in the bathroom/showers. 
    3. The office personnel are sitting in the dark!

At least there is a back up generator on the water system and on the Verizon cell tower. 

The power has been out since 8 am and it may have come back on as I’m typing this (3:50 pm). I do have 2 bars of WiFi on my AT&Tphone. 

Just a bit of Idle Chit Chat ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”