Options

Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 910
    @ericnliz- thank you for my PURPLE T@b sweatshirt.  As a Coug, you know I only wear purple for special reasons... And I will wear this one with pride and a smile on my face knowing it belonged to a wonderful friend named Liz, who is smiling down on us and hoping we (and @Homebodyatheart) are keeping a special eye on you  ;)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @2Cougs, Now, you know... :naughty: the lil' devil in me spoke to me when I chose the purple one for you!!! I know Liz got a good chuckle out of it too! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Brought Liz's remains home today. Had to wait for her daughters to get their hummingbird vial/necklaces filled. I'm quite sure she's happier here. :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @2Cougs, @Homebodyatheart, @Vikings, @Dalehelman, @JerryandVicki, @Verna, @Michigan_Mike, @Ratkity, and every other T@B friend:
    I'd like to put a smile on your face today. 
    Yesterday, I got home from running errands, and happened to see the newspaper thrown in the yard, so I stopped in the driveway to go retrieve it before it got soaking wet. While walking back to the truck, I glanced over at the flower bed that I had put in for Liz summer before last. I'm not even quite sure why I decided to look, but I did. Much to my surprise, and shock....a flower had poked a perfect purple bloom through the snow....made me smile! :) Thanks Liz! You're STILL makin' me smile! ;)

Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz - Can't wait to see the first hummingbird!

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @ericnliz... and she always will! What a nice gift!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @2Cougs, Wanna come help fill feeders in about 2 months?  =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Awwww about the flower. Purple is my fav color too. I have some strange beliefs (surprised? :) ).  I don't believe in wonderous coincidences. I see them as small miracles. <3
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @ericnliz - You bet I’ll help fill feeders!  And @Ratkity - you are right on!!!

• Options
    Ahhhhh.....another RV show done! One thing I noticed this year is how high up many of the bottom steps are! Geesh! The bottom step on the MinnieDrop I poked my head in came to right below my knees! I’m not taking up pole vaulting to get in and out any trailer! Saw both the 400 and the LG Max. The Max had more floor space and moving around room and more functional dinette, the bath in the 400 is amazing, and great storage. I decided I am still beyond happy with L@dybug, my 320MaxS, and the friends I’ve met because of her!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Come on now,....I'd pay good money to be on the sidelines for your pole vaulting lessons! =) I do agree about the good friends we've met through our adventures, breakfasts, BBQs, camping & Rallies because of our decision to buy a T@B! Lots of good folks, good times & especially some VERY treasured memories!
    Thought for the day: If 'ya did it wrong the first time....it's only because you wanted to get it SO right the second time! ;)
    Just remember...be safe out there & most of all...HAVE FUN! B)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    P.S. : THIS is what happens when us well seasoned folks wake up & can't get back to sleep @ 4:00 AM! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Thought I'd share a campin', fishin' memory. Liz & I went to Swan Lake & were fishin'. I'd packed my line in & headed for camp to start dinner, & I told Liz it would be almost ready in about an hour & a half. Two hours later...no Liz, so I walked down to where she was fishin'. "Liz, it's startin' to get dark & 'ya can't fish past dusk. The Ranger will ticket you." Reply: "I'll just tell him I can STILL see the end of the pole, now go away, I'm gettin' a bite!"  ;)B)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz I can just hear her saying this! What special memories of your precious wife. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Just want to say...I LOVE my T@B family for being there, supporting, helping, and being such GREAT friends through a tough time. Your thoughts, prayers, cards, and thoughtful, generous contributions of your time have meant a great deal to not only myself, but Liz's family as well. A VERY big heartfelt thanks to all of you!
    Eric
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart, You'll be pleased to know...there is NO chocolate cake left! It was enjoyed by those who appreciated the thought...THANK YOU!
    @2Cougs, Mr. & Mrs. ...a VERY BIG thanks to you both for everything you did for me, I most humbly appreciated everything!
    @JerryandVicki, It was great seeing you both, and a big thanks to you folks for just being you. I hope to see a LOT more of you folks in the near future!
    @Dalehelman, Thanks to you & Sandi for being great friends, your spirit was felt, and your thoughts were there with us. ( We talked about 'ya Dale, but I'm sworn again to secrecy & you'll have to wait until you make it back up this direction to find out!) =)
    And, to all my SPOT@B friends....thanks for the flowers!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, I figured that there had to have been close to 100 people there who loved Liz. It's amazing how many lives a person touches, and more lives as they reach out to help others. I'm glad the cake was enjoyed! I was afraid to bring it home, although another piece would have been tasty! I might have to make her favorite ham/cream cheese/ and pickled asparagus rollups for dinner some night, along with deviled eggs! We loved them! The memory of yesterday will leave a tear in our eyes, and a loving glow in our hearts for a very long time to come! :rose:
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, My friends lost count at 180....then they just smiled :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Wow! That sounds like quite the spread! If Liz didn't take that last piece of chocolate cake, Larry might have! LOL. okok, I admit it, I'd have hidden the last piece for me.

Sorry @Homebodyatheart, you lost me at asparaGAS with your rolls, but am glad they were Liz's fav! She could have had my share. hehe. Now, when you talk Deviled Eggs... well.. now that's an engrained Southern thing that I'll never say NO to. OMG, dr00l. Last count at 180? Love it. I'm smiling too! <3
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Hey, @ericnliz do you think we should tell @Ratkity that we saved her a spot AND a piece of that decadent chocolate 4 layer cake, but decided that because she couldn't make it we'd have to pass it around to polish it off? Naw, guess we shouldn't! Seriously, so many of you T@b friends were there in spirit, we just held your spots.  =)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    :rofl:@Homebodyatheart!! Yes, I was there in spirit. I sorta like those type of 4 layer chocolate cakes. No calories!! I have to admit though, when @ericnliz describes your BBQs, I gain weight if you all post pictures (albeit less if you just describe it all).
  • Options
    For all you folks departing, traveling from Tabazona....TRAVEL CAREFUL PLEASE....we happen to LIKE you folks!!! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Just a thought for the day:
    There were times she made me laugh
    There were times I made her laugh
    There were times she made me cry
    There were times I made her cry
    Then there were the times we both laughed so hard we cried! :)

Be good to each other & don't be afraid to laugh, cry, or do both at the same time....you'll be glad you did! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Awww thanks for this @ericnliz! You both had something very special in each other. 
  • Options
     :) 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Just a friendly reminder...it's be extra special to your Valentine Day today! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    And friends, too! Happy Valentines Day @ericnliz. :rose:
  • Options
    Hey @ericnliz... I didn’t say THE WORD but we’ve probably got a good 5” with more coming down.  =)
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Thanks, and right back your way too! :rose: I TOLD you not to mention the white fluffy stuff! :o:s
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Make all this white stuff go away so I can get the Wolf T@B out!!! I just wanna go campin'!!!! B)
    Spokane, Wa.