Options

Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    The bird is cookin' & I'm gettin' warm in the house! It's a balmy 12* & sunny! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    It was dense fog as soon as I got to the PA state line. On the way back, there was heavy rain and poor visibility. Despite that, we made it home with no puppy accidents, even with an emergency stop at PetSmart for collars that fit (we both bought collars too big). They are 8 weeks old as of Dec 24.

Onyx is a girl and playing Santa's helper. She's really an ambassador for puppies! She belongs to my friend (or the other way around). Onyx is sister of my pup (same litter).

This is "Pop" knocked out in the shopping cart. He just couldn't keep his eyes open. He's a talker too. I had to fit his smaller collar on him when he was in a puppy coma. I was almost afraid I was going to have to scan the puppy with the tag on the collar (no, I didn't! I took the barcode tags off and gave them to the cashier lol). He looks bigger in this picture than he really is. His sister is a wee taller than he is, but he's stockier.

He's been traumatized by the bathtub (first bath was successful, but scary). First night was sleepless. The cat is freaked out and hiding.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Congrats, @Ratkity and Pop!  He’s about Sunny’s size right now!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Wishing all my T@bbing friends a very Merry Christmas, and another year of great camping!

@Ratkity, congratulations to Pop and Onyx for landing in great homes! Enjoy all the precious moments (even the not so precious ones!).
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, A very Merry Christmas right back at you & all the other T@Bsters!
    @Ratkity, Awwwwwwww. That's just too cool! Pop & Onyx should bring you & your friend lots of joy in the years to come! :joy:;):)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    Merry Christmas to all...

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    @2Cougs, Hmmmm...we have one just like that! ;) Merry Christmas to you & yours, and thanks again!!!!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz and @2Cougs... funny thing, so do we and we are thankful for it!

Santa and the dogs brought me this fun book. So cute!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    @Homebodyatheart - Cute book!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    @JimEngel - yeah, I've drank from garden hoses too!  I doubt there is a health issue, but as I recall the taste was absolutely terrible!
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    JimEngelJimEngel Member Posts: 45

Well, you have to run it until it is cold....

• Options
    JimEngel said:

Well, you have to run it until it is cold....

You also have to make sure that any critters that may have crawled inside the hose get flushed out before the first drink. That's optional if you are a gambler! :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Naw, Just roll the dice...after all, that natural protein is good for 'ya! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @ericnliz, kinda like motorcycle riding without a visor on the helmet, I've always believed it was fresh meat, and it was free!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 426
    At the risk of depriving you of free and extra protein, it's a good habit to drain your water hoses and then connect the male and female ends to make a closed loop so that nothing can get in them.....
    Storage is less of a hassle if they aren't dripping water everywhere.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    I've sipped plenty from garden hoses myself, but (like lots of other things I've done) that doesn't mean it's a great idea. Standard garden hoses may leach lead from the fittings and plasticizes from the hose itself. If you enjoy chowing on such things, by all means be my guest! Otherwise stick to the FDA approved drinking water hoses.

I'll also maintain riding a motorcycle without face protection is also a risky venture, but eating bugs or other small critters--while perhaps unsavory--is probably harmless.  ;-) 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ericnliz, kinda like motorcycle riding without a visor on the helmet, I've always believed it was fresh meat, and it was free!
    LOL.. I always pull down the sun visor, but frequently pull up the full face visor in the heat of the summer. Bleh! That flying whatever got swallowed fast!! Gag. cough..cough. A windshield was purchased quickly! lol. I don't care if they aren't cool looking. The others can eat the "protein". My group and I went through a swarm of flying stuff while riding. I got splats on the windshield, none of the tough guys said a thing, but were spied spitting a bit after we stopped at a few stop signs in the middle of nowhere. :rofl:
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Just be sure to chew the bugs well. I suspect that beetle legs are much like fish bones if they get lodged in your throat!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG, those tough old bikers can spit 15 ft off to the side of the road while riding aren't really spitting tobacco or goo. It's the bug that just got caught in their throat and they've learned to do a self-Heimlich maneuver while riding to get it out. :lol:

Ut oh.. I better be careful. I'm giving away too many biker secrets!! :worried:
  • Options
    :rofl: Some days I should know better than to read this before, or during breakfast! You all are the best! For the record, I've always been terrified of motorcycles since I was very young and for no apparently good reason. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been on one in my life. I plan to keep it that way, but you can enjoy it for me. As for the garden hose, It was a great source of water during the summer as a kid when we played outside. I'm pretty sure that they were made of rubber and brass in the US way back when. Still kicking, so something else will probably get me eventually!  =)
  • Options
    :rofl: Some days I should know better than to read this before, or during breakfast! You all are the best! For the record, I've always been terrified of motorcycles since I was very young and for no apparently good reason. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been on one in my life. I plan to keep it that way, but you can enjoy it for me. As for the garden hose, It was a great source of water during the summer as a kid when we played outside. I'm pretty sure that they were made of rubber and brass in the US way back when. Still kicking, so something else will probably get me eventually!  =)
    Keep in mind, kids were running around in DDT during mosquito season in the summer when we were growing up. Except in my neighborhood. There was a phone chain that warned everyone to get kids inside because the "bug man" was coming down the road, spraying insecticide. 

It's amazing we are still alive!
  • Options
    There's nothin' in the world that makes your heart feel good, than to wake up, look around, and find much to my delight every available bed & couch filled with my AWESOME, loving children. Made me smile! :);)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Wishing all my Tab family and friends a Happy New Year, safe travels, great camping, and many happy memories! :)
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Right back at 'ya! Many thanks to those in my own T@B family of friends that have not only reached out, but have offered a great deal of kindness, prayer, and help during a difficult time. :) Happy New Year to you all! :joy:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Time to resurrect the chatter post. SOME of us have been way too quiet! Mr Homebody turned the alde on for me so I could hide out this afternoon. I love my hideaway!
  • Options
    Quiet....REALLY? Consider yourself resurrected! =) Looks pretty darn comfy & warn inside "Bug". Thanks for the flowers by the way! I'm quite sure Liz enjoyed them. ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, you’re more than welcome! And thank you for my very special gently loved T@b sweatshirt! Liz has great taste! I’m glad she made you special order the purple laceup tie, too! I’ll probably cry when I wear it, but I also feel her love, too! 
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart , 'Ya better wear it! I got another thank-you letter from a place called SightLife. I guess they used her corneas to help other folks as well. My angel earned her wings in more ways than one, that's for sure! :heart:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Wow @ericnliz! That’s great! I had an uncle with a corneal transplant. One eye was brown, one was blue but he could see out of both of them!
  • Options
    All I know is that she had the prettiest eyes I've ever had the pleasure of lookin' into! :)
    Spokane, Wa.