Options

Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    edited November 2017
    Heeeeeeeeeeyyyyy @Ratkity! So, what's shakin'? Between us it's been way too quiet on this thread. Poor @ericnliz has been left on his own to shake things up, and we all know how that could end! Hope all is well with you and yours, Harvey, too! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Homebodyatheart, Ha, I've had help, and have enjoyed these folks chiming in from time to time! Everybody needs to have a smile fer a while! =)
    Not sure how many of you check out the "Best Of...." post once in a while, but it makes for not only a good "mod" refresher, but I also enjoy re-visiting some of the great stories & pictures once in a while. Also helps cure the "winter blues" for those of us that have tucked our T@Bs away for the winter!!! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Thought I'd take a minute &.......wish everybody a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!! If you're traveling, please be safe....I KNOW the folks you're goin' to visit would like to see 'ya in ONE piece when 'ya get there!!! ;):)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Glad I posted that....reminded me to go get the turkey outa' the freezer & un-cover the Pit Barrel!!!! Goin' to a friend's home for a "family" get together with 13 of us (so far). Gonna require two turkeys & a lotta great fixin's! (wipes drool off chin...) This will be the third time we've had this Turkey Day gathering & it's a blast! Kitchen does get a "little" crowded at times though....good thing we're all good friends! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,450
    Oh yeah! We'll be hosting TG dinner again for the first time in several years. I always cook the the birds on an outdoor device, either barrel-smoker, kettle grill, or gas rotisserie. Happy eating!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    In Santa Rosa checking on my folks after the fire.  Had Thanksgiving #1 with them Saturday.  Heading home and having Thanksgiving #2 with our kids later in the week.  Who can argue about 2 Thanksgiving dinners.  Yum!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    Doesn’t matter if it is rain, snow, sleet or hail...It is all about cooking the bird on a Weber kettle used only for that purpose.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    We’re going low key this year. We also voted on prime rib, not turkey. Less work for me, and I won’t have turkey leftovers to disguise once they’re tired of it (2 days, max!). 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,450
    2Cougs said:
    Doesn’t matter if it is rain, snow, sleet or hail...It is all about cooking the bird on a Weber kettle used only for that purpose.
    Gotta love that Weber kettle, but I think yours is underutilized!  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @2Cougs, Sorry, but I would have to agree with @ScottG on the under-use of the Weber. Try some pork ribs usin' the ol' indirect method, and you'll be hooked!
    @Homebodyatheart......REALLY??????? Turkey left-overs ROCK!!!! (Of course now, let's not git too hasty...if 'ya have left-over prime....I'll be right over. Turkey & prime sammiches...HMMMMM...YUM!) =):rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz Mr Homebody isn’t a big leftovers fan, but will make an exception at holidays. Jr Homebody isn’t a turkey fan but eats it once a year to be nice I guess. This year I’m not in the mood yet for a big feast, but am looking forward to a day to be thankful. We’ll survive and life goes on.  :) 
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Bein' thankful is REALLY what it's all about in any case! Have a great one at the @Homebodyatheart home! ;):)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Let's see.......Pit Barrel uncovered =) ...charcoal chimney filled B) ....roaster pan at the ready for preparin' the turkey ;) ...beer in fridge =) ...rain coat (just in case :o )....fire pit ready to light under the gazebo :joy: .....EVERYBODY HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Turkey is just about done & WOW it sure smells good. Now to get all the fixin's together & go have a good time eatin' WAY too much great food! (might even need a nap)  ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Thanks @ericnliz! We decided on...(drum roll please!) PRIME RIB! :rofl: I need to bake up the pumpkin custard first though...  =)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Now this is the way to have Thanksgiving dinner. My sister and her husband brought everything to my house and we had a wonderful turkey and ham dinner. I even had help cleaning up, rinsing the dishes, putting them in the dishwasher and putting everything else away.

Then my brother-in-law actually helped me lower a heavy ceiling fan and replace it with a new LED fixture.  Only two more fluorescent fixtures in the house to replace with LED’s next spring. 

Life is good!  I’m thankful for family and friends. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited November 2017
    This is what Sunny Day thinks of Black Friday shopping, and waiting in line for the Great Nephews  pictures with Santa:

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sunny Day, I'm RIGHT there with 'ya on that one! ;) (No, I don't still get to ride in the cart....darn it!)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Verna, even with a pouty face Sunny Day probably had a great feast, too.  :)  Ohhhhh, @ericnliz it's a good thing my breakfast and tea was all done before I read this! I had images of you getting into, settled, and out of a grocery cart that will have me chuckling for days!, maybe longer! Much funnier than the story of your getting stuck every which way in the Tab potty! :rofl:
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Good thing you weren't here yesterday....My oldest son called, and we discussing how we were cookin' turkeys. Made my way out to the Pit Barrel while we were talkin', opened the lid... :oNO TURKEY! Just two pieces of turkey meat hangin' from the hooks! Looked down inside & the turkey was resting on the basket of coals! :s:worried: Got the oven mits out & retrieved it before it became a crispy critter. No harm, no foul, came out REALLY good. Liz just wanted to have a photo of the look on my face when I opened the lid & didn't at first see a turkey! :smirk:...really? Oh, well, just another Thanksgivin' story to tell. :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @ericnliz, no harm no fowl? :rofl: Glad it all worked out!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    We just figured out another thing to add to our winterizing list... move the outdoor wire lit Christmas tree and deer from the back corner of the shed to the front...Good thing the weather's nice right now so I can pull her out and retrieve the decorations!  =)
  • Options
    Or.....use 'em to decorate "Bug"! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, you said the "S" word and darn if it didn't start coming down! Of course, it's melted now, but how'd you do that? :o
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Magic....if I told 'ya....well, you know the rest of the story! =) (Just need to be REALLY careful whatcha say right out loud these days!) :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited December 2017
    We had occasion to put up our "pop up" tent this weekend and were reminded of two things-What a misnomer pop up is and How much we love our T@B! Of course the tent is ~35 years old.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    @Twojgrams, That was pretty funny! I have one of those too....the only thing that "pops" up is the top of a beer when I'm done bein' frustrated with my Rolodex pages gettin' stuck because I forgot which poles go where.  :o:s:|;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Oh yeah! We were at the church, so no #%*}{][ or appropriate libations were available. And, gasp! There were no printed warnings about poking out eyes with the assembled poles. Avoided, but narrowly.

• Options
    @Twojgrams, I'm pretty sure there were no warnings on the eye pokin' subject with mine as well. Not to mention.....the directions were missing in action after the first time the kids took it campin'! The surprising part is that THEY still know how to set the darn thing up in about 5 minutes!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, I know-how do they do it? I'm thinking it's the rubic cubes they played with, but what about the grandkids, do they even make those cubes anymore?