Options

Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Probably, but I'll bet there's an app that tells 'em how to do it! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    A BIG thanks to @Verna I think, for the Awesome and LOL reactions! It takes so long for me to type :rofl:
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited December 2017
    Yes to the cubes. My kids 11 & 12 are working on them since summer. No apps allowed as my guys have no electronics. Old fashioned, dinosaurs, we are. The kids ride bikes, run cross country and track, and amazingly actually READ national geographic as well as many other books. And as far as anyone else is concerned, we appear to be a nice normal family! HAHA!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    What @Twojgrams said, more toys...er...tools! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HO, HO, HO!!!! Thought I'd give this a bump with a little Holiday attached! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    And a Merry Christmas to everyone!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart.....Six to eight inches of the fluffy white stuff.....NOT!!!! Better go take a peak outside! :o:s Just when 'ya get the driveway, patios, and sidewalks all nice & cleared off,.....Mom Nature has the last laugh! :angry::anguished::lol:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @ericnliz, yeah Mr Homebody told me this morning we got a good inch or more overnight when he left for work. My turn to shovel! Oh, and the good Lord wiling it’s movie day in L@dybug!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Ha, funny how good ol' Mom Nature likes to play tricks on 'ya! Yesterday, had all the patios & sidewalks cleaned off & today about 2" of fresh snow & it's now rainin'! :o:s High today of 41*. By Friday, the lows are single digits...next week...HIGHS in the single digits & low teens. :fearful: BRRRRRRR! Thinkin' about gettin' a Radio Flyer wagon, & puttin' my chiminea in it so I have mobile heat! =):rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 590
    edited December 2017
    @ericnliz, I'm in Central Oregon and I think we have similar weather patterns. Very gusty winds now and due for 3" of snow tonight. Low of 9 degrees later this week. We really do need more snow and rain but it's sure better than the 60" of snow from last year! My garage is a balmy 55* where my new T@B is parked, which means I can keep reading manuals and playing "camping"!
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    @ericnliz I would almost pay to watch you put snow chains on your radio flyer to haul your chimiwhatever it's called! :rofl:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    @dsfdogs- Love “playing camping”!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Hmmm, after a little more thought & deliberation on the radio flyer, & taking your snow chains comment in to consideration,...................I just might have to go the ol' American Flyer sled route!  =)
    @dsfdogs, Where abouts in Central Oregon? I have high school friends that live in Junction City & Eugene. My youngest son is a Ducks Alumni.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 590
    @ericnliz I'm in Bend! Up and over the Cascades from Eugene. 3800' elevation, pine trees, clear blue skies and cold.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    Our SpoT@b breakfast group doesn't only meet for breakfast...  T@bs are winterized, it is snowing outside, so we find other excuses to get together.  Christmas + 4 birthdays within a month of each other = a Prime Rib Feast!  Eric brought over "THE pit barrel" and boy did we have fun
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    That’s a nice spread you folks have laid out!  Good company!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    OMG yum. Oh, yes, and a wonderful picture of the participants!! I'm not jealous at all, nope. :bawling: hehehehe. 

To the birthday celebrants, doncha love having bdays in Dec before and after Christmas? I secretly celebrated mine earlier this month.

What a spread. A great way to have fellowship and fun!

That same weekend, some crazies and I decided to camp in 24F weather with a bonfire. There was a method to our madness as we were participating in Wreaths across America on Saturday. It was humbling to see the hundreds of people help lay wreaths no matter the slick icy roads (rare for that area) and the extreme cold.

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    A BIG thanks to Mrs. @2Cougs for the photos! It was quite the feast & a great time was had by all. What the photos don't show is all the snow that was on the ground, followed by a day of rain...hense the Pit barrel half in-half out of the garage! Just MIGHT have to make this an annual birthday celebration event! ;)
    @Ratkity, Looks like quite the event you folks had as well. A fully stocked bar doesn't hurt when it's bone chillin' cold outside! Love what yer pard did with the fishin' shack! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @dsfdogs, Been there MANY times on trips from Washington to California! Beautiful country!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Mrs @2Cougs thanks for the pics! I can't believe @ericnliz didn't pack a doggy bag of prime rib for me...guess I should have asked! I love your table set up, too! Very festive! 

@Ratkity now that sounds like something I'd love to do, although I'd hide from the cold when possible. Love the wreath pics, too! Such an important thing to do, to remember those who have given their lives for us.
  • Options
    @Ratkity, much praise for honoring those who have given so much for us.
  • Options
    I need to clarify. Mr Homebody and I were invited to this gathering (and he’s a December babe, too) but we were unable to attend, each for different reasons. Again, hats off to chef @ericnliz for sharing his talents, prime rib and time, and for Mr and Mrs @2Cougs for hosting. 
  • Options
    :whistle: It's beginin' to look a lot like Christmas :whistle:=) Oh, boy!...More snow... :|;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I need to clarify. Mr Homebody and I were invited to this gathering (and he’s a December babe, too) but we were unable to attend, each for different reasons. Again, hats off to chef @ericnliz for sharing his talents, prime rib and time, and for Mr and Mrs @2Cougs for hosting. 
    Another Bday! December was a good month for campers (we probably have same amount of bdays in all other months). I vaguely recall a certain moderator having a wonderful feast with friends on her bday (V)! 

So sad you couldn't attend @Homebodyatheart and Mr. H. One day, I'll be able to sample chef @ericnliz's pit bbq. Makes my mouth water thinking of that feast!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Ratkity the day you make it here to join this crazy group of amazing Tabbers will be a day to remember! ‘Cmon.... it’s only across the country... :rofl:
  • Options
    One day, @Homebodyatheart, one day! I sure wish I could use a transporter to get there. I'm still working on that device. My light saber is only a laser pointer so far. :lol:
  • Options
    Hey @Ratkity! You are above me in weapons... :rofl:
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Gettin' ready to go cook an 8 lb. turkey breast on the ol' Pit Barrel. Current outside temps.......8* :o , predicted high today...23*.  :| Might have to start a little sooner than expected to compensate for the "heat wave"  ;)!!! Not only that, but I'm PRETTY sure I'll be standin' a LOT closer to the barrel than usual! I even think I felt the turkey breast shiver when I took it out of this fridge this mornin'! It's okay buddy...we'll give 'ya a good coatin' of herbs, spices & a nice slatherin' of olive oil & you'll soon be nice & toasty!!!! =) Now all I gotta do is remember where in the world either I, or Liz put my Elmer Fudd hat to keep me ears warm!!! :rofl:
    I HAD to edit this one....was lookin' at my notes fer cookin' the turkey breast....BIG BOLD letters...put meat on at room temperature.... :o:s Might have to either move the Barrel closer to the back door, or get to be a WHOLE lot quicker! :look_at_the_time::lol:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    36* right now with an expected high of 73*! WOO HOO, I’m in heaven!.  

Good luck with the cooking, @ericnliz!  It sounds wonderful. I think a Cornish Hen will fit on my grill just fine. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Merry Christmas @Verna! Ha, I wish the HIGH was gonna be 36*!! :s;) Cornish game Hen sounds pretty darn good for a great meal campin'. Just a little tricky getting the stuffing in!!! :fearful::rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.