Options

Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,466
    @Homebodyatheart, that sounds a lot like my opposite corner of the country. I've only visited the PNW once but really enjoyed it. I remember visiting crater lake in an early June snowstorm. I'm sure the lake was there but I never saw it through the fog! I hear it's beautiful...  :-)

I like winter, too. I don't even mind (much) putting the T@B and getting the snowblower and other winter toys out. Probably no sub-zero camping in my future (but good luck, @rkj__ --I'm sure you'll update your "ramblings" to let us know how that turns out).
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 913
    @Homebodyatheart - you forgot Gonzaga basketball season!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    We do have four true seasons. This is last week:

And this is last December:

No need to post pics of Spring and summer... find those under pics of our T@bs camping ;)

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    My caption for your second photo, @2Cougs, would be:

Big Old Snowplow, plow me out
    Return me to, my second home
    Arizona, Desert Momma
    Take me home.....

Hey you know the tune...and I just made that up.  Larry is probably laughing his head off ;)

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Verna- I do know the tune ;)
    We actually loved it... kids and grandkids moved back in, lots of games and hot chocolate and playing in the snow.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    As a person who avoids snow, i had never heard of "waxing a snow shovel" until reading about it this morning.  Who knew?
    Ok, I was only gone for a week... I missed waxing of a snow shovel? Is that like waxing a surf board? 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    HalooHaloo Member Posts: 137
    Wax this, wax that.  Things have gotten a little crazy around here while you were gone.  But I’m just a newbie and can’t be blamed.
    T@B 400 | F150 | Washington State
  • Options
    @Haloo- you can't claim "newbie" for very long around here... You will get sucked in, blamed, and have a magic wand waved over you before you know it.  Bottom line... if you post it here on "idle chit chat", then you are usually safe ;)

I am guilty only by association with @ericnliz and @Homebodyatheart.  Who would have thought that having breakfast with them once a month would make me an accessory to all these shenanigans! :o
    @Dalehelman is there too, but he is smart and only comments on mods and legitimate questions.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,499
    @2Cougs... awwww that hurts! Sniff!  ;)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Ratkity, don't get all blown up, I think they really missed Harvey, who has enough sense to stay low around here. Perhaps he did some havoc wrecking at home?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    @Twojgrams, you have no idea what Harvey AND Harley did while I was gone. Amazon boxes everywhere. Candy wrappers, empty cheesy poof bags, omgosh. How many rolls of TP can two bears use? They've been watching those commercials. 

Most missed item (other than Harvey and Harley and BossKitty)... REAL coffee and real creamer. First stop on way home=SB for yummy latte and brownie.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Wow!!!! Make one simple comment & look what happens!! =)
    @Homebodyatheart, 'Ya forgot to mention that the winter of 2008 we also ended up with just shy of 9 FEET of snowfall. In your season dissertation you forgot Bar-B-Que season....all year in my case. (Why do you think I put up a gazebo just for my BBQs ?!) ;) (Thinkin' about the Thanksgivin' turkey already...Pit Barrel style!)
    @2Cougs, Thanks for including Gonzaga basketball!!! Nice photos by the way...thanks again! Now, the part of claiming innocence.....HA! I've had really good seats when you've been cuttin' up before! (But it was a nice try.)
    Oh, AND @Dalehelman's NOT as innocent as he appears on the surface! That guy cracks ME up some times!!!
    @Verna, Thanks for kickin' in the catchy tune! :whistle:
    @ScottG, I know ALL about the winters on the other coast...lived in Chicopee Mass. in the winter of '68-69. Still remember havin' to throw a snow shovel out the upstairs window to dig out the front door because the snow drifted so bad! 'Ya KNOW you're in for it when you can't see the family VW van in the parkin' lot!
    @Haloo, Newbie..........REALLY? 'Ya fit right in & welcome from all of us on the "other" side of the state. Come join us sometime for breakfast! Better yet, are 'ya signed up for the Lincoln Rock trip?
    @Ratkity, First of all...WE MISSED 'YA!!! I TOLD you not to leave them critters alone in the house!!!! :lol: To answer yer question about waxin' snow shovels...yep, just like waxin' a surf board, skiis, sled runners, and toboggan rails. Been know to slide down a hill or two on the shovel after a good waxin'. ( I KNOW you'll take THAT one & run with it!) :rofl:  Oh, and here's for yer coffee fix :coffee:=)  Welcome back!!!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Ha! Finished coffee before reading. Gotta watch dem britches gettin' caught on da shovel handle connection when going down a snowy hill!  *snort* Yup... couldn't resist!

But for us folks who get rare instances of snow or just a few big snowfalls, the pam or other sprays sound good 'nuff.
  • Options
    @Ratkity , My snow shovel is an old coal shovel.....smooth connection.....no skivvie catcher'!!! ;) Park yer cheeks in the business end, grab the handle fer steerin' & let 'er rip! YEE HA! :rock_on:
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I want pit-chures of dat for evi-dense!  You know da ones, 27 eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was...... (10 pts towards a T@B badge if anyone gets the song reference).
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    This ain't Alice's Restaurant, and there's NO WAY I'm leavin' ANY evidence of THAT extravaganza! ( Now, where's my 10 points!) =) (Oh, and my apologies to Arlo...Gutherie that is!) ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Ratkity Darn it! I get little bears and big bunnies mixed up.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    @Twojgrams, You been watchin' way too many old Jimmy Stewart movies! (or re-runs of 'Ted') :rofl:
    Oh, and @Ratkity , the LACK of photos will save screen spewin' EVERYWHERE!!! :o  
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    :rofl: 10 pts for @ericnliz!! (or was that Griffindor?)
  • Options
    :who_me::whistle:=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @IrishCamper74, Hey, Irish...did 'ya get moved yet? :|
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I don't want a pickle...
    I just wanna' ride on my motorsickle...
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    ericnliz said:
    @IrishCamper74, Hey, Irish...did 'ya get moved yet? :|
    Not yet ericnliz. Scheduled for the week before Chirstmas. :)
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    @IrishCamper74, Be careful out there & safe travels to you! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    Oh, and @Ratkity , the LACK of photos will save screen spewin' EVERYWHERE!!! :o  
    Challenge accepted....

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
     :o 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Ratkity......Sans "flash".....much appreciated! :rofl: (coffee is STILL in the cup :coffee:....WHEW!!!! :o=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    My sentiments PRECISELY @Verna ! She's BAAACK! ;)  
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Love it!  Needed a smile this morning!  Thanks for consistently making my day! :)

• Options
    I'm surprised Verna let that one pass. There's a lot of rules on this forum and I'm pretty sure at least one of them prohibits nude photos of any kind!  ;-)
    2015 T@B S