Options

Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Update with lung transplant sis and Dad. Sis is struggling with side-effects of meds and is still trying to balance them as best as possible She never complains, even about the wound she is still dealing with.

Dad gives me his BP and heart rate every morning via email. He made it down and back up the driveway the second day home (moderate slope, not too long). Then a little longer. Now he is giving me mileage walked (not all at the same time). He made 3.2 miles yesterday total. He is not complaining about pain or any discomfort, just complains about how much muscle mass he's lost and how much weight he gained when not exercising. He said he's learning who the new neighbors are as he tells me the houses he is passing. My family has lived in the 'hood for 50 years so I know exactly the house he is referring to. As a kid, we played in those houses as they were being built!

All good news.

Oh... um, one more thing. My sweet bike was returned and lonely. The doc said I could put my foot in a shoe with big toe box... my winter leather boots fit the bill! I couldn't stand it. I went for a 20 mile ride. OMG.. VROOOOOM!

Camping is next weekend. It's going to be cool, but not winterizing weather yet (poor folks in cold areas!). Then there is one more pre-turkey day camping trip. That's the last until March. Guess the bike goes into the camper and winterizing will be done. :cry: 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Congratulations on Roscoe on finding his forever home, and to @ericnliz for their passion and patience with him! He's a lucky pup.

@Ratkity thanks for the update on our DSIS and DDad! We were wondering where you had wandered off to at breakfast yesterday morning. Congrats on your chance to ZOOOOOOOOM! Hang in there, and thanks again for checking in. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2017
    @ericnliz and @Ratkity - ditto Homebody!  Sounds like all is good in the hood!  New dog and healthier family members... What more could you want! :)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    @2Cougs... a new silver TV?  =)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Thanks to all for the well-wishes! :)@Ratkity, I am soooo glad you checked in with an update! We were starting to get concerned about you & yours. We're happy to hear Sis & Dad are on the mend. Just don't be gittin' too overly rambunctious with that foot. You can vroom, vroom, just be cautious of the amount of VROOM, VROOMS 'till 'ya git mended up a little more! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    For those who know Liz & I..... :)...we'll be ok. ;) Oh, and a special thanks to @Homebodyatheart!!!
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Glad to see this thread has come alive again. I was afraid I had killed it when I used my new pixie stick to split off what was becoming a very focused discussion on winterizing.

Just remember the rules, folks...  In this thread you are not allowed to "rerail" the conversation!  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG, oh, don't 'ya worry 'bout that one....I'm thinkin' there's a few of us that have got the "rerail & derail" down pretty darn good by now! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ScottG actually we've been discussing colors of pixie sticks, right @ericnliz? @Ratkity grabbed purple right away, I'd like a combo of colors, maybe they couod change with the seasons? Glitter of some sort should be included, too. After all...we all know it's not a matter of IF but WHEN. :rofl:
  • Options
    @ScottG, Remember when I TOLD you to buy those PIXIE STIX in CASE lots?? Ha, ha, CASE in point! :lol::rofl::fearful:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    NOT GLITTER!!! That stuff gets everywhere. It never goes away. It lurks years and years, nay, decades in cracks and shows up when you least expect it! *shutter* gl....it....ter....... scarier than Halloween stuffs.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Ratkity normally I'd agree with you about glitter, BUT...this is pixie stick glitter, so it must have magical properties, and be no mess in the long run. I mean, @ScottG wouldn't inflict THAT on US, now would he? =)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I’m so glad I just have the magic wand and its color is BOOM ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    I prefer glitter to the pink flamingo skivvies. Now that's a word picture!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Ooops! I forgot about @Verna and her magic wand! Verna, you've been way too quiet lately! And we never have asked what implement @Michigan_Mike has! Oops! :fearful:=)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    But how about glittery pink flamingo skivvies! :o

• Options
    Ok.. now you've done it.... here are my "Happy Camper" jammies picture. Included as a bonus is my 10 yr old slipper that Shetland pony-disguised-as-a-cat loves to scratch - as long as my foot is in the slipper. Good thing he doesn't like the broken foot boot!

• Options
    @Ratkity - LOVE the Jammies.  You are a Happy Camper in those! ;)

• Options
    edited October 2017
    @Verna, How about "Boom shaka-laka, boom shaka laka, BOOM!" =) Just a lil' friendly boom..... ;)
    @Ratkity, I totally agree...NO GLITTER!!!! :angry: Nice jammies by the way. ;)
    @dragonsdofly, oh, boy, almost forgot about the pink flamingo skivvies...almost. :o
    @Homebodyatheart, REALLY??? out of EVERYONE here, I would have thought you would have experienced the wrath of the by now, famous @Michigan_Mike MAGIC ERASER. Not an implement, just wipes 'ya clean!!!!! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Ooops! I forgot about @Verna and her magic wand! Verna, you've been way too quiet lately! And we never have asked what implement @Michigan_Mike has! Oops! :fearful:=)
    I've got a low level nuke!   B)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:s:fearful::pensive::time_out::worried::who_me:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Yeah, you jokers better be careful with the questions you ask around here. Even a magic wand and a case of pixie sticks won't help if you go down that rabbit hole!  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
     =) 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926

2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Nice low level nuke with Uranium there @dragonsdofly! LOL
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Is it 5 o'clock yet?  I'm ready for the weekend....

2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    @rkj__, Looks pretty much like Giddy-up GO time to me. Have fun &enjoy your weekend!!! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    ericnliz said:
    @rkj__, Looks pretty much like Giddy-up GO time to me. Have fun &enjoy your weekend!!! :)
    I'm excited, and there is so much I want to do.  Hike, bike, canoe.  But, it has been a tiring week, so I also am in need of some relaxation.  Hopefully I can find the right balance this weekend. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    edited October 2017
     :), You can do what I do sometimes with your canoe....take an umbrella (good size one),wait for a good breeze, just lay back & steer! ;)  Works pretty good for trolling for fish too! :triumph::rock_on:
    Spokane, Wa.