Options

Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Yesterday I did my yearly "winterizing" for the T@B. I was amazed at how little time it took this year. :) Last year was my first experience with the winterizing task, and I sat down with my Alde winterizing manual to make sure I got it right the first time (took about an hour to do including checking, and double checking to make sure I got it right) because of the frigid winters we experience here in the Pacific Inland Northwest. Including filling the traps (shower & sink), and additional antifreeze in the toilet for the black tank (make sure to also add a little to the top of the "flap" in the toilet to keep the gasket moist), and moving the black & gray tank gates back & forth a few times (to prevent them from freezing & cracking), the whole process took no more than 30 minutes start to finish. Now all we need to do is get the cover on & tuck the Wolf T@B away for the winter. :s Temps are going into the mid to lower 30's next week, so I chose to stay ahead of things this year. I only wish Liz had more time off coming & lately she's been having split days off, so it makes not only planning, but camping difficult at best. Now to get on with the rest of the household winterizing....blowing out sprinklers & water lines, putting hoses away.....and, OH BOY!....raking leaves! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I bought a cheap refrigerator fan that ran off 2x D batteries. It died after one season. The second one didn't make it a season. I bought a way better one off Amazon and it circulates air wonderfully and the on-off switch hasn't failed (ut oh.. better check if I turned it off after last weekend's camping). The batteries last a long time. 

I think early on, V gave a simple warning not to put things under the fins for fear of freezing. I took that as sound advice and made sure my soda was secured elsewhere. Since I don't eat green things or vegetables, those are never issues. Eggs have never gone under the fins, even in the new frig. I put stuff like candy bars and such in a little tray that is shallow and slides under the fins. Watch the caramels! You don't want to break teeth. For you wine drinkers, perhaps a bladder that could fit (not snugly) under there would work (complete with spout). Just an idea. I don't think alcohol freezes (does wine freeze??). :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    My wine doesn't freeze....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Verna, Ok....I guess THAT brings up the question...Does it have a CHANCE to freeze? :rofl::o
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
     B) 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    :lol: GOOD answer! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    "Bear Mode"...I like that term. My family would understand ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    You all are killing me this morning. :lol: No coffee or pasty in mouth (so far).

Do you know today is National Coffee Day? Only some places are giving free cups (not SB). I think Krispy Kreme.... omg... KK donuts. I lived 2 miles from the 2nd flagship store in Greensboro, NC during one of my post-docs. Open 24 hrs a day and had a huge neon sign that turned on when fresh hot donuts were ready and waiting. Needless to say, I had to do some intense dieting after that post-doc.... hehe.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Verna & @Ratkity, I also had a good guffaw at the "bear mode" comment. I'm a morning person....Liz...not so much, so I can relate to the "bear mode". The kicker is she doesn't drink coffee either, sooooo, I just bide my time & walk VERY carefully for a while. I just follow my "auto pilot" to the coffee pot!!! =)  
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I'm drinkin' my coffee & the entertainment is free, so it's just another day in paradise! :D
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Update on Dad... fat-finger texting at 4:30am. He's slowly getting better. Still having BP and pacemaker issues, but those are settling down (so I hear). He thinks it's funny not to wear shorts under his gown while doing a lap around the heart ward.

My foot is healing. I hate this splint! My bike gets picked up this morning for fixes. When it returns next week, I'm gonna try a neighborhood ride.  It's been over 6 weeks since I've ridden more than a scooter-wheelchair (that thing had a governor on it, I swear.. geesh..3 mph?). Need.Mor.Powah! Vr00000m!
  • Options
    @Ratkity, Glad to hear your Dad hasn't lost his sense of humor!!! Made me laugh. :lol:
    'Ya better take it easy there for a while "Tim Taylor"! I'd REALLY hate to hear about the "watch this" scenario that USUALLY ensues following THAT statement Ms. VROOM, VROOM.  :o;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Ratkity, Riding a bike with a splint on 1 leg? Next you'll be telling us you've a flip flop on the other foot and will be wearing shorts and a sleeveless blouse! Couldn't you just sit on it in your garage and go vroom vroom? With the door shut so no one could see?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    edited September 2017
    @Twojgrams, Ha, I'd tell her to leave the door open! The neighbors are probably used to the free entertainment by now! :rofl:
    BTW, You need to finish the above visual with the colander helmet with the bungie cord chin strap!!! :lol:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    'tis so true @ericnliz and @Verna!!

For the longest time, that's all family would get in the morning - a growl... then the 'rents thought it would be funny to sing the "Miss America" song in the morning to me from the 1920s (or whatever decade they were pulling it from). OMG...I was nearly homicidal! 

Then I went camping with baby sis. She was a ground dweller, me in camper. First morning..... Her: "What, no growl?" Me: *blinkbink* "Geesh, I've already had my coffee." Me: *all smiles*....She growled.

Trick... get up earlier, make coffee, get newspaper. All smiles. Family reminisces about times I just growled. They don't know "the trick".

Since Keurig has those little simple single cup coffee makers, I might put one in the camper. 

• Options
    Oh noes!! THREAD DERAIL.... alert! alert! 
  • Options
    :rofl: You two almost got me with a "m_spray!" bahahahaha.

The splint is on my foot, not leg.

But I think a 4" heel would be better than a flipflop; plus Daisy-Duke shorts and a tube top. I like the colander helmet (pronounced: hem-it) with the bungie cord chin strap - safety first, ya know. Bright red lipstick and matching fingernail polish, then dangling earrings to add to the visual (Dad used to accuse me of stealing his fishing lures to make them). 

Hrm... need to see what color tube top... I guess it might not matter at this point! :rofl:

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @ericnliz Perfect! Combining @Ratkity's favorite things-motorcycles, cuisine and haute couture!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    @Ratkity, They're not "dangling" earrings, those suckers are called chandeliers!! (In some cases, could also pass as fishing lures!) If 'ya ever watch "American Pickers", they had a character on there called "Speedo" because he wore bright yellow speedo swim shorts when ridin' his Harley. You two would make quite the pair, I'm tellin' 'ya! :rofl::o:rofl:
    By the way, coffee is an absolute necessity! :coffee: Ask Liz about the time the coffee was forgotten........ :|:o:s,or, maybe not. A trip to the store ensued post haste! :);)=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I must have lost part of my memory yesterday. I left my 104' of water hose st home (thank goodness I had my two 4-gallon water jugs), left the step that allows Sunny Day to jump into the T@B on this sloped site, and I forgot my 30 amp extension cords...luckily I had a 40' 20 amp extension cord along with my 30 amp T@B power cord, and both adapters to connect the two together (20 amp to 30 amp and 30 amp to 20 amp--you'll figure out the difference).  

Those are the 3 items I take out of the truck every Sunday night so I don't have to worry about someone seeing a truck load and breaking in. It worked, knock on wood--no break-Ins, but I left them on the shelf at home. 

Oh well, there's always a way around. I'm filling up the water tank as I would normally with my 4-gallon jug, a clear hose and a funnel. Sunny Day is being picked up each time she wants in or out and since I'm not running the A/C, the 20 amp service is going just fine. 

Maybe my my memory will come back sometime!  Only one more weekend of Camp Hosting after this weekend!  Happy,  but sad. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @Verna, Don't feel bad. Liz took the TV remote to work the other day. Thought in her haste it was her cell phone. I asked her if she got any calls from TV hosts.... =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    :rofl:@ericnliz, close... so close to a monitor spray!!! Poor Liz. Ok, I'm still laughing. I can't stop. Ow ow ow... hehehhehehehe. Don't tell Liz I'm :rofl: When I go to work, I always am in reach of my remote. I work at home; however, never have answered it. It IS annoying to try to find my cell phone under all my work paperwork before it goes to voicemail (it's at max rings too!).
  • Options
    Hrm V, don't think Sunny Day has noticed the "pick up" to get in! As long as you stepping up doesn't tax any prior injury you have. Glad you made due with what you did bring. I know you even have a list!! You must have been like poor Liz. At least you didn't leave your cell and take the house remote!! :rofl: DON'T TELL I'M STILL ROFL!!

Also, @ericnliz, I bet that was a FAST run to the store when coffee was not available that morning. I always keep VIA in the camper (SB, but there's other decent brands). Just as an experiment, I kept it in over the summer and winter. No problems with caking or degradation. I also keep backup condensed milk and Splenda (what I like) in the camper full time. So far, they have held up fine. Just in case, all are in ziplock freezer bags.
  • Options
    @Ratkity, The funniest part of the remote scenario was she wasn't gonna tell me about it. She came home from work, and would chuckle once in a while. I kept asking her what was so funny, and she would reply "Oh, nothing". Hah. Finally got her to 'fess up. I'm STILL gettin' a good laugh about it! :lol: Last night she picked up the remote, and I asked her who she was callin'. If looks could kill, I'd be sportin' a headstone! :rofl::fearful:
    The coffee mishap won't happen again as since then, we keep a small (full!) plastic Folgers container in the outdoor kitchen bags. As long as I don't forget the Irish Cream, it's all good.  =);)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 909
    @SAM- love when labeled pictures are included.  Nice job!  Thanks.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    @Ratkity, Just a word of advise......don't let Harvey get ANYWHERE near the "PIXIE STIX" that @ScottG is handin' out!!! You'll regret the day he found 'em!! ( Watch yer Amazon acccount REAL CLOSE! :rofl::lol:)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I am SOOOOOO glad I winterized the trailer, and blew out our sprinkler system when I did. :) Yesterday, and this morning, the bird bath in the back yard had enough ice on it, you couldn't just stick your finger through it. ( and yes, I DID try!)  :o:| Don't think I'd want to wait much longer in this neck of the woods to get out & get it done. After all, it's REALLY not going to get warmer for any length of time from now until the end of February, or early March.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Ok, As some of you know Liz & I have been looking for a new companion to replace the one we lost last year right before Christmas. Well, the other day, she found one, and we went yesterday to go check him out. (Even had to leave the breakfast meeting a little early to make it happen. :s) Roscoe is an 18 month old pure bred German Shepard. BEAUTIFUL dog. Turns out (as chance would have it), Liz knows the lady who was looking for a new home for Roscoe. They worked together at Home Depot last year during the summer. While we both had a conversation with her on the phone the previous day ( asking the thousand questions, health-wise, temperament-wise, habit-wise, & training-wise about Roscoe), Liz still had no clue that they knew each other until she answered the door. I guess sometimes fate has a way of intervening in circumstances that are just supposed to happen. Roscoe is now our newest family member, and other than getting adjusted to a "teen age" ball fetchin' maniac (I spent almost 3 hours playin' fetch with him yesterday!), he has so far been a very good decision. We have been looking for quite a while & I guess 'ya just know when something feels right.  :) So far, we are all pretty happy campers! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Congrats, @ericnliz!  There’s nothing like a furry companion who loves you for you. Have fun with Roscoe!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Congoratz to you and Liz @ericnliz!!! A new furkid in the house! What a wonderful thing. Gave me my big smiles for the day.

I lost my buddy on Valentine's day and there are things I still haven't done anything with of his. I adopted him when he was 3 yo. He was an awesome tri-pawed Golden.

Your new furkid just tugged at mah widdle bitty heart <3 Along with Goldens, I also have a soft spot for German Shepherds (and Australian Shepherds). Bossman kitty isn't sure if he likes being the king of the house or if he misses a dog to smack around (he doesn't get along with other cats). 

I'm scared to get a big dog that I can't lift into the truck if there's a problem. I had a ramp, but neither Golden I had would go up it willingly (it was made for dogs and stable).

Great memory: My very first dog 30 years ago was an Australian Shep mix from the Pound. Her name was Patience :) - she was a stray and I had to wait 3 days to get her in case her owner showed up (hence the name). For 15 years, I could say I had Patience. :) Man, could that dog catch popcorn thrown. Smart pup. Weighed about 50 lbs. Carried her own backpack when we hiked. So many stories with both of us learning to be FurMa and Furkid.

May your family make many great memories with Roscoe!! Even the ones that don't seem funny at the time will be recalled fondly and with embellishments.
    :dog: