Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    What's funny is that I can store and charge the scooter inside the camper. I can just drop the ramp and drive it in. No worries about people stealing it and plenty of plugs inside.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Ratkity, Probably with a BIG Orange Cheese Poofs grin on his face!!!! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

@ericnliz, and cheese poof crumbs in mah bed! Geesh.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    Watch for the orange paw prints on the walls, floors, counters, ceiling (if he's been jumpin' on the bed!), and the ones on the scooter handles...listen you can hear him sayin' vroom, vroom!!!!
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

If @Dalehelman ever has a big bean bonanza dinner, he can open that vent full blast.. even looks like he can glue a couple of earth magnets inside to put a small battery fan or a little computer fan with a switch! Ahhhhh the possibilities!

Plus, think of the times you are squeezed in a campground you are overnighting at and the people on that side are the drunks that stay up too late, tinkle in the fire to put it out, find it hysterical, start telling another very loud drunken story... you know em... just press a button, let the flap release, turn the fan on and watch the drunks slowly decide it doesn't smell right and go to bed.... jus' sayin' :joker:
    Ut oh @ericnliz, I hadn't thought of the walls and ceiling!!! He just watched the old Spiderman movie too.... HARVEY!!! WHERE ARE YOU??! Probably testing his skillz out in the basement.
    @Ratkity, just follow the "cheesy" paw prints, you'll find him! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    I am waiting for Eric to respond...don't disappoint me Eric
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    I'd better watch @ericnliz if we ever meet up. He'll have Harvey-sized paws made up somehow to put cheesy paw prints everywhere. Come to think of it, them white Outbacks could use some cheesy colored paw prints on em!! :lol:

edited September 2017
    I'm jealous of all you folks out there campin' right now!!!! :s Yesterday entailed a 2 ton pellet delivery, unloading & stacking ( fortunately the driver & my sweet wife Liz helped!) . I did get a quick glimpse of the Wolf T@B in the driveway though. Might have to do a driveway camp-out after trimming our other apple tree & remaining 4 cherry trees. Might even fire up the chiminea on the patio for a camp fire!!! Yup, even have the smore fixin's! =)
    I'm thinkin' here pretty soon, I'm gonna need the "I've gotta a guy that does that"! :D
    Spokane, Wa.

• Z_GZ_G Member Posts: 38
    @ericnliz ... your wife has a guy that does that... don't let her think you can be replaced... just sayin'   =) 
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @ericnliz I'm glad you survived the unloading and stacking! I feel that way when we get a cord or two of firewood. Isn't it nice to finally breathe in cool clean air though? I'm hoping to put off winterizing until after next week's outing. Today is a great day to play in Bug and putter around, and run errands. Oh, and read the manual on winterizing... :rofl:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    You're ACTUALLY gonna READ a manual??? I better make a note of this one! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

Hi all, 

Please forgive my absence. My Dad had a pacemaker put in and it brought to light other dire issues that needed attention. He had a triple by-pass yesterday. They were going to replace a valve, but it was too risky and the valve was working as well as a replacement.

Anyone who has had this surgery knows the initial pain. He made it through surgery just fine, but is having BP control issues. He had the best doctors through Duke Hospital. It's hard not being able to be there (another story).

Good news is that I had the temporary pin taken out of my foot. Now I have to wear a splint for 6 weeks and try to wear a shoe periodically.

Meanwhile, due to a major manufacturer defect, my baby sister's new propane stove burst into flames when they turned on the oven for the first time. Sis rain outside and turned off propane and BF knew right were fire extinguishers were (they are still unpacking). Brand new kitchen cabinets and everything in the new kitchen was charred in that area. Poor sis. Then her truck died (battery/alternator). 

I won't go into the issues with my motorcycle and the house. Those are just daily life things that happen and nothing exploded.

I did get to go camping at Jane's Island on the DelMar peninsula (MD). A friend brought a scooter/wheelchair and I had a great time getting around and visiting everyone. 

Hopefully, I'll be posting more soon in the next few days. 

<3 Ratkity
    @Ratkity, Thanks for checking in, I was kinda wondering what had happened to you. Our best to your Dad for a speedy recovery. Glad no one was hurt at your Sis's house. Things can be replaced...folks can't. Sounds like you've had your hands full, both physically & emotionally lately. Hope things get back to a bit more "even" keel for you soon. Glad you got away for a few days campin'. ALWAYS does the soul good! ;) Keep in touch, and keep us posted when 'ya can. Good thoughts comin' your way!!!! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Ratkity in her new trailer? Not her stationery home, right? The first would be horrible but the second would be a catastrophe. (I don't know if houses use propane.) 

You've had a tumultuous few weeks. We'll be thinking of you and your family, hoping everyone is well and your foot keeps right on healing.
    Judi
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Hey, Ratkity, I'm so glad your Dad is going to be fine. And sis, too. And you, too. Your family has had its share of "malfunctions"  for a lifetime just in a few months. Just take it one step at a time, remember you have friends who care about you and you'll never have too much to handle. You'll be back on that Harley in no time!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    Oh @Ratkity! Ouch for all of you. I'm so glad that your dad is getting the care he needs and will heal! My MIL had a triple in 1989, and she just turned 91 on Labor Day. Your poor sister and her hubby! What a shock, and I'm SO glad they are both OK. Sending some virtual band-aids to all who need them! Congrats on getting your marshmallow roaster removed and sneaking in a camping trip! I was wondering why you had been so quiet...leaving @ericnliz and me to keep up the pace with help from the usual suspects. =) Thanks for checking in!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @Ratkity- Thanks for checking in.  All I can say is H*U*G*S to you and yours my friend!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

edited September 2017
    @Twojgrams, it was her new house in her new kitchen that was had just finished being remodeled. They were using the oven in the brand new Kenmore stove for the first time. Yes, homes use propane out in the country. Fortunately, the cut off for the tank was right outside the kitchen (appropriately Code distance from house). Fast reactions just charred and destroyed new cabinets, tile, wall, etc. in and around the stove. It was a manufacturer defect of the oven and had nothing to do with install. Inside the oven were two fixed pipes that should have been mated that were beside each other instead of inside each other! That led to a flame-thrower effect inside the entire unit. OMG... then poor sis had alternator and battery die in truck. 

I told her that her truck could have died towing her camper (it died in her driveway), and her BF could have had no idea where the fire extinguishers were during the house oven fire and they didn't have the doors open to the back porch (nice morning). Note I said "extinguishers". It took two of them to stop the fire totally. That yellow dust gets everywhere (so she says).

Dad is progressing, but he has some serious issues they are working on. 

Meanwhile, my boss gave me a project that involves data mining from an excel sheet that I have no idea how to do. Ugh. Wish me luck.
    @Homebodyatheart, bahahahahahha, my morning laugh. Marshmallow roaster. The silly splint hurts more than that thing! It's an optional thing or wear at night thing. Six more weeks! My motorcycle was fixed incorrectly and they are picking it up tomorrow to fix it. Ugh. Knowing your MIL had surgery at 91 gives me so, so much hope!! She must be a pistol. 

Thank you all for all the positive thoughts and hugs. Luv you all! 

I was thinking "you jus' kant make this stuff up", but I guess a person can. I just wish all these medical things in the past 12 months weren't real. Life things happen like bad alternators and such. It just seems to magnify the actual big things happening. Friends like folks here that are so supportive help more than you know. <3 

Thank you again! Don't worry, I'll try to gently derail a thread or two while waiting for "Dad updates".

@Ratkity, If 'ya were'nt de-railing threads....THAT'S when we'd really start worrying about 'ya! ;) Hang in there, you're right, life things do happen, friends are there to help at least soften the blows.  ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

Ha! The frozen fresh eggs first thing in the morning make 'ya wonder if your significant other isn't just messin' with 'ya and put hard boiled ones in the container.... Right up to the point where you say "Dear, did you pack hard boiled eggs?" Very sleepy reply..."No, why?" :|:o:s
    Spokane, Wa.

Been there... done that... who would have thought... frozen fresh eggs! :o

@2Cougs, Makes 'ya wanna serve 'em with frozen toast, frozen bacon, & best of all....iced coffee! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

@ericnliz - or use them as ice cubes until they thaw! :o

Um, @2Cougs and @ericnliz ... I take both, and yes, both got a bit icy. The thought of frozen egg ice cubes doesn't even sound good this early, probably won't sound good later, either! :rofl:
    @Homebodyatheart, Give 'em to Mikie, he'll eat anything!!! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

@ericnliz, I can't find the "blech" button! BTW, we've commandeered yet another thread (sorry @MortyandDottie!)
    Yup, AND we're hearing this from the "guilty" party who started this hijacking!!! =)
    Spokane, Wa.