Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    :innocent: *blink blink*
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    Daaang... first 5-hour prime rib and now mango margaritas?? What's next, craft beer? I soo want to camp with you guys haha 
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    As they say in the 'PRICE IS Right', Tommy, come on down! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    well ... we do need to earn our Washington map sticker ... haha
    edited September 2016
    Tommy, ;) Yup!, BYOB, and do like I do, bring enough, and share!
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

Mom Nature is crankin' up the heat here, so I'm headed for the mountains & a lake! Gets too hot up there, I'm gonna jump in & chase fish! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    and you're in Washington!  If you want to see Mother Nature really heat things up--come to Phoenix!
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Frost772Frost772 Member Posts: 11
    or south Florida, 82 deg at 0530.

2017 T@B CS-S silver with silver trim ("T@Boo') pulled by a 2015 Subaru Outback (6 cyl)

AT GA-ME 2000

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Aww, c'mon you guys. You know in 6 months @ericnliz will be telling everyone how much snow and ice we have. Snow's ok, ice...not so much!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    Aww, c'mon you guys. You know in 6 months @ericnliz will be telling everyone how much snow and ice we have. Snow's ok, ice...not so much!
    As long as he doesn't start mailing snowballs again. The postman didn't think that was funny. :rofl:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Heat is not so much the problem here, just the sauna like conditions.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
    edited July 2017
    @Ratkity, Thanks for reminding me....I gotta go put the sprinkler out for my Postal Worker! Every day at 2:30 to 3:00 in the summer. One day before this all started, I was turning it off when he showed up & he said, "No, don't turn it off yet, I need to cool off." I leave the sprinkler on, and the lady across the street leaves cold bottled water for him in her little cooler on the front porch. Besides, I'm nice enough to put the snowballs in sealed baggies, so he doesn't mind. He kinda gave me the 'stinky' eye when I was trying to get the stamps stuck to the snowman last year though! =)
    @Frost772, we weren't too far behind 'ya, 75* at 7:00 am. It's now 93*, according to the weather channel, and the thermometer on my back deck says 104*, and the temp is still climbing. 
    @cbarnhill, Don't let the "Washington" thing fool 'ya! This is Eastern Washington, and we've had summers with over 28 days of 100 plus temps. My kids that live on the West side of the state won't even consider visiting in late July through the end of August because "It's too hot there Dad." Even my brother that lived in Gilbert, Az. complains of the heat here! :oB)
    Enough of that, I'm still headed to the mountains, and the lakes. Just gotta watch out for the Glacier fed ones when 'ya jump in!!! :o;)  
    Spokane, Wa.

• 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    Currently 95 in Spokane... @ericnliz you are smart to head out.  Have fun!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

:rofl:
  • rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Try unplugging the power, waiting 15 seconds, and plugging it in again. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    I have a wuteveritis, but it's an older model before they upgraded the whatchmacallit to include the thingamabob. You have to be sure to turn the doohicky clockwise. While the features of the newer ones are nice, sometime I think they make things more complicated than necessary.

I hope this helps!!!
    2015 T@B S
  • foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    Haha.  This is how I feel sometimes when I read the solar discussions.  But I am trying to understand it all so that I can, at some point, add solar.  So just keep talking about those thingamabobs and I will use the whatchamacallit to look up the meanings!
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    edited July 2017
    Reading about solar setups in online forums (not on this forum) is a lot like reading high end audio forums.  A new user just cannot get a straight, simple answer.  "The sum of the square of the framistan means your wires are too long too short too square and here is a bunch of math to prove that I'm right and you are wrong."  It is completely nuts.  Or horrendously outdated.  I just need to charge one twelve volt battery, and you tell me how to build my own sun.  And when you do finally set up your system, you discover how insanely simple the whole thing is to do.

I've found more straightforward specific advice on the Tabforums.......
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
    Now that really is a "solar lunchbox!" Muchos AWESOME!!!
    2015 T@B S
    Agreed, @pthomas745. Unless you want to spend your whole life in class (and it's okay if you do), solar is best digested in small portions. Getting started is simple and relatively inexpensive, and you'll learn more when and if your interests and needs require it.
    2015 T@B S
    @Ratkity, 'ya forgot to wind the doomafloppy, and flip the whochamadinger. Did 'ya remember to give the whoosit a squirt from the can o' beep? If not, 'ya gotta start all over & read the destructions that are usually hid underneath the whirlymagig. Boy, some people's kids!!! :o
    Nice score on the lunchbox/solar transmitter! Fits the application well. ;)
    @pthomas745 & @ScottG, absolutely agree. I bought mine & learned a lot of valuable, helpful information here that was actually in "layman's" terms that were easy to understand and follow. Another BIG thanks to all the folks that helped me!!! :bow:
    Spokane, Wa.

• JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    No, no, no. If the franastan is not lined up with the rollinjargan, then the scarafiance will never fire the rebasackin! Oui Ve'. Come on people, get it right!
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
    OMG.... someone mentioned franastan and doomafloppy!! I thought they weren't compatible... something about creating a black hole or what happens when you divide by zero. *faint*

BTW, the destructions were in Germanese (cross between German and Portuguese). At least it has pictures.. I think I need to hold them up to a mirror. I'm sure it's some sort of code.......
  • rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    ... franastan ... rollinjargan, ... scarafiance ... rebasackin! .
    It sounds like you are naming Ikea products.  LOL
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    @rkj__, :rofl: Right next to the herchamadingers, only found in aisle 3! =)
    I think that last one broke the whoosimajiger on my spell check! :o:s

Spokane, Wa.

• JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    No, no, no. If the franastan is not lined up with the rollinjargan, then the scarafiance will never fire the rebasackin! Oui Ve'. Come on people, get it right!
    Oh sorry, I forgot to mention that after all the above, that is what starts the Heemialator. I use to have one when I was a kid, but it's wheels fell off.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
    *starts singing*

It went *zip* when it moved, and *bop* when it stopped, and *whirrrrrr* when it stood still. I never knew just what it was and I guess I never will!
  • mandtmandt Member Posts: 158
    A good solid smack on the side of the cabinet usually fixes it.
    Mickey & Terri
    2016 Max S
    Kalamazoo Michigan