Options

Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @TerryV6, Happy belated birthday! :joy:
    By the way, at our age, the "confused" thing seems to slip in there a little more often then not! Keeps 'ya on yer toes though! :rofl::fearful:;)=)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @TerryV6 Happy belated birthday! My family refers to that kind of day as a “toodle about”. They’re the best. And when my grandmother turned 80, I asked her how old she was in her mind, she replied instantly-16! Admittedly, she was much more of an adult at 16 than I was at 60.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    @TerryV6- happy birthday!!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Yes, April 30th was a good day in history.  I was born in 1952 and in 1945, Hitler ended it.  Win win....
    Jody is taking a beginning machine embroidery class and came home today with her first project on pillowcases.  

Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @TerryV6 - I see lots of requests for Jody’s handiwork.  Tell her nice job!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Happy belly lint day, @TerryV6! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Very nice work, Jody!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Happy Belated Birthday, @TerryV6!  You share my father’s birthday, as he would have been 88 this year. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND EVERYONE!
    That being said, please take the time for a moment of silence to remember those who gave their all to protect & preserve our freedoms.  ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Yes indeed, my flag is out today.  Later I will visit my fathers grave..
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    @TerryV6, My flag is out today too. I try to fly it as often as possible. Call it a pride thing. ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    It’s raining here.  My flag is kinda wet...
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    @TerryV6, Great picture of your grand niece! Cake ALWAYS tastes better if 'ya get some on 'ya! :joy:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Yes, while we don’t always agree on everything, it’s important to remember That we are all one country.  We need to continue to grow as a people.  

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    I was part of the color guard at the local cemetery for Memorial Day when I was younger and in Girl Scouts. It was important to do this! My flag is flying, too!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    My nephew married a woman who is part of the military unit that plays for the funerals at Arlington.  I've been at the cemetary a few times and it is always worth a trip back.  There are always folks to find that I've read about. 
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Both Liz & my younger brother served in Iraq.  Both are gone, but not forgotten. My family members have been in one service or another from the Civil War to date. I salute when I put up my flag for good reason.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    Campin’ coffee- having a cup for you @ericnliz!

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Thanks! I'm pretty sure it's not JUST for me though! @2Cougs , I hope everything is going well for you two! Have fun & see you soon.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    @ericnliz (and other hummer fans), do you have problems with ants on (and in) your hummingbird feeders? If so, do you do anything to dissuade them? If so, what?

The little dummies crawl right inside and drown... probably thinking they've gone to a sweet sugary Valhalla!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG, two ways. You can get an ant guard that is a small hanging cup that you keep filled with water, and that keeps all but the largest ants out, the ones that crawl across their dead and drowning brothers!  

Or take a turkey basting brush (I love the silicone ones) and brush olive oil on the feeder. This also keeps larger birds, such as woodpeckers from taking the nectar and chasing the hummers away. 

Some say vaseline will also keep the ants away, but it’s more comical to use on a tall pole with a bird feeder so the squirrels can’t climb the pole. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @ScottG, Ant guards work about the best. Liz had bought some & I just found them the other day! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    Thanks V and E--it looks like ant guards (a.k.a. moats?) is the way to go. I did replace my hangers with fishing line--that seems to have confounded them a bit but some are still getting by.

Hey Eric, when you talk to your Liz tonight please put in a good word for me and ask her if she might drop some of 'dem guards off at my place as well.  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I used to put the dog's supper bowl in a larger bowl of water as a moat for those stupid imported fire ants while I was in TX (in the 90s).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 585
    @ericnliz how wonderful!! Puppy love and he's smart to boot. I look forward to pictures.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    Awesome, @ericnliz!  Your son certainly knows you!  Ruger will be so good for you. I like the name, by the way ;)

I just can’t function without a dog by my side.  Once a month when Sunny is gone for a half a day for grooming, I might as well get shopping done, because the house is too quiet. I only made it 5 days between my last dog and getting Sunny Day—it was too quiet here.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @ericnliz,♡♡♡.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.