Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    So handsome! Can’t wait for photos of @ericnlizs’ new pup!  They’re such noble looking creatures!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    edited June 2018
    truly sad, and will be sorely missed

(MOD NOTE: References recent death of chef Anthony Bourdain.)
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @jgram2 I can't wait either!! However, at this stage, the "sweet" pup may be going through the "Land Shark" phase. Beware forearms and ankles!! I lived through it by having a winter pup and wearing a puncture proof motorcycle jacket.

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • robptrobpt Member Posts: 90
    Yes, I agree. I thoroughly enjoyed his writing and his shows. He not only made exploring different cuisine interesting (I am not a big fan of celebrity chef shows), but he also placed great importance in understanding the people and cultures associated with the food. 
    North Florida T@B 400 towed by a 2014 Nissan Frontier
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    robpt said:
    Yes, I agree. I thoroughly enjoyed his writing and his shows. He not only made exploring different cuisine interesting (I am not a big fan of celebrity chef shows), but he also placed great importance in understanding the people and cultures associated with the food. 
    Indeed...he used food only as an intro to the socioeconomic & or cultural aspects of the place he visited.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Ratkity, and what a handsome guy he is! 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

I never watch food shows (makes me want to eat!), but am very sad to hear about his death. If anyone needs someone to talk to, the Help Hotline is 1-800-273-8255 (TALK).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    jgram2 said:
    So handsome! Can’t wait for photos of @ericnlizs’ new pup!  They’re such noble looking creatures!
    Thank you and @ericnliz for the compliments (and others if I missed your names)!! He's looking more grown-up these days, but is going through a teenager stage. Geesh!

Notice I said "we" are going to the trainer. Both of us learn to communicate with each other with personal training (we've had several sessions already). Popper was too advanced at 12 weeks for regular puppy classes and I knew I needed help from someone who knows GSDs and trains them regularly.

Popper was such a cute puppy! Little floppy ears and that endearing puppy breath! Beware of those sharp puppy teeth @ericnliz. OMG, I can't wait for pictures!!!!!!!!! 
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    Meet @ericnliz’s new pup Ruger:

He is adorable!  Well behaved, listens, follows commands, and clearly LOVES his human!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

O.M.G. How amazing! How handsome!!!! I can't say enough. About being, um, the butt of a puppy joke.. mine decided that my feet looked like little sausages when I was retrieving his fav ball from under the bed. Ow Ow Ow! *whacks head*. I think I got a concussion from that one. 

I think I saw more of the Blue Moon and the Super Blue Moon than I'd like to admit. He started sleeping through the night at 12 weeks. While I don't live in the north, we had some c...c..cold nights. I went to bed fully dressed! 

Prepared to have a velcro pup! GSDs are extremely loyal and loving. Oh and GSD actually means Giant Shedding Dog. hehehehe.
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    What a wonderful pup! Thanks @2Cougs and @ericnliz for the photos. 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Gorgeous!  I love the total attention he is giving you, @ericnliz!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    edited June 2018
    Many thanks to Mrs. @2Cougs for not only taking the time to come over & take the pictures, but to also posting them here for me. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!
    This little guy is definitely my companion. VERY smart & learns really quickly. He will be my 5th Shepard/Shepard mix @Ratkity, so I'm really used to this breed. You think regular Shepard's shed...try having a 1/2 wolf, and 1/2 Shepard. You would swear they had their whole family over night after you had just cleaned up all the fur the previous day! He's pretty much already a velcro dog, but I don't mind other than when I go in the house in the evenings without the lights on yet, it's REALLY hard to see a black Shepard on a dark maroon carpet! He's not had an accident in the house at all. Goes to the door & either whines or gives me a warning bark. Comes when you call his name, sits on command, & we're working on the stay & lie down scenario now. He even knows what quiet voice means when he gets really rambunctious barking. Kinda depends on WHAT he's barking at on that one.
    Thanks to all for your kind comments. I'm gonna go enjoy him some more now! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Very sweet pup!  His ears are straight up!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    OMGosh @ericnliz!! He sounds wonderful!

I thought Golden Retrievers shed. Oiy! I was used to year round shedding from them. They do that after they get older. Seasonal shedding be darned! Handfuls of fur.

The cleaning company I hired told me they couldn't come once a month and get my 800 sq ft house cleaned in 2 hours (their guarantee). hehehe. It's going to be the same with Pops. Between him and the shetland-pony-disguised-as-a-cat that sheds nonstop, I just scoop up handfuls of fur constantly. 

Just a tip when I go camping (and when I was exercising the furball at dust), these are da best!! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LM1L9V/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like the red ones. I am impressed on how long they last!
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @ericnliz Ruger is absolutely stunning! And those PAWS! He's going to be formidable when he's grown into them, and you've both got a new best friend! I look forward to meeting him! How did he do while you were out to breakfast today? :dog:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    I keep scrolling to @ericnliz's pictures of him and Ruger. Brings a great big smile to my face! Meanwhile, my 70# pup is laying across my foot chewing on his "Buffalo Horn".

Popper never needed to chew hard chew toys until recently. He has a soft mouth, even when losing baby teeth. I never caught a baby tooth! He ate them all. LOL. My boy his a sensitive tummy. I have to give him pumpkin to help it if he gets a rawhide treat. 

His littermate sister can eat anything! Iron tummy. They are so opposite. 
    @Homebodyatheart, He did great.....soaking wet because he likes to wander around the yard, and it was raining. I keep a towel in the shop for instances like that, so dried him off & he was a happy boy. Everything was still intact & in one piece, so Dad's sanity is still intact as well.  ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

edited June 2018
    Microfiber towels are great for wet weather and dogs. I only have microfiber towels in my camper, and Sunny Day knows to stop inside the door to get her feet and belly wiped dry. 

Of course, she only needs a microfiber washcloth, but I’ll bet a GSD uses one of those for each foot :)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    @Verna, If he gets as big as I'm thinkin' he will, I'm gonna need a super size bath towel size! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

Hey @ericnliz! When he’s fully grown I’ve got a nice cot I’ll sell you since the two of you won’t fit on WolfTab’s bed! Good thing you’ve got the tent, right? :rofl:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    Ha, ha. I'm quite sure we'll figure things out...as long as he doesn't mind sleepin' in the tent! :s;)=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @ericnliz- Love the new signature..."Adventure companion"!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

Oh boy.....Forgot the fundamentals of "puppydom"! 1) Close the toilet lid...not the water dish! 2) when putting a brand new roll of toilet paper on. close the bathroom door! (My bathroom got TP'd with the WHOLE roll!!! All that was left was the roll & the piece glued to the roll. The rest was ALL OVER the bathroom, out the door, & right next to me while I was working on things at the computer.) To say he was proud of himself for the christening would be an understatement. When I turned around, he still had the TP in his mouth, tail wagging.  :o:s However, how do you get mad at a face like that when he's SOooo proud of his christening accomplishment? :D:)
    Spokane, Wa.

@ericnliz :rofl: thanks for the morning laugh! Guess he found a new game and you found a new “opportunity” to squash. :dog:
    @Homebodyatheart, Just glad it wasn't my LAST roll!!!!!! :angry::rofl: 
    Spokane, Wa.

@ericnliz and don’t forget your spare roll in WolfTab! You might need it before your next outing!  =)
    @ericnliz, hence the age old discussion about which way is the correct way to put the TP roll! If you have a puppy or kitten, don’t roll over the top since they can paw it down and you know those results.

You can roll down the backside of the roll, so they can’t paw the end down...but they may still paw the roll to pieces. 

I still put the roll down the backside as a force of habit from a cat named “Tupid” who, according to Vet, was a very, very slow learner. At 13 Yrs of age he was still trying to unroll the TP.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    :rofl:, It WAS rolled around the back side. he pawed it & flipped the loose end so he could grab it. This little guy is WAY too smart for his own good, but I love it!!!! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.