Options

Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    No no @ericnliz He’s waaaay too smart for Your good! :)
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 587
    @ericnliz thanks for the laugh this morning. Having two dogs means I'm laughing with you! Unfortunately, mine have gone from simply unrolling, to EATING the roll of toilet paper. I can't leave the tp on the hanger anymore, it has to sit on the tank. 
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    Lol then cry just a little bit over our lost ones.

• Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    Those ears! I love him. He is going to be a big boy that’s for sure. So happy for you.
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    I thought I’d show you all my current T@B, the one we have until we order. I’ve got a nice little stream running behind the place and there is a tire swing and even some bears in the back digging in the trash cans. Ha! Fire pit never got done so we will call that a burn ban for now. There’s a little dog in there somewhere but thanks to the nieces help, he could be anywhere. They love imagining the world and story in there. Whenever I need a reminder what we are aiming for, or a little pick-me-up, I just take a look at this. Our order was delayed because my husband was injured but we should be camping by winter I hope.  Our happy place.

• Options
    So cute! A great focus for your dreams til they become a reality!

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 587
    They sure are cute when they sleep.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @ColleenD2 what a wonderful campsite you've got set up there! Maybe the puppy wandered off looking for a roll of TP?  :)  

@dragonsdofly I can relate to "re-cycled" stuff in the yard. Reggie has a fondness for fleece and two winters ago was eating small chunks of blue fleece, which would pass, only to be eaten by his older brother, Ryan, who again would "re-cycle" them. When the snow melted we found little chunks of blue fleece everywhere. Still find one here and there!

@Ratkity Pops is SO adorable! We had a purebred GSD when I was growing up and I loved him to pieces. I just want to hug your Popper! I would of course wait to be properly introduced. Thanks for the training laughs, too.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Homebodyatheart, I can't wait to hear more of @ericnliz's stories! I know the person who owns Popper's sister (a pup who is way more mature and advanced). We share stories, but it's funnier to hear the same thing happening to another GSD owner. I laugh until I cry because I've been there! My friend's pup is so different than Pops. It's funny how such different personalities came out of the same litter!!

One hard rule that I have is that if I'm getting frustrated during training him complex tasks with distractions, I stop. It means Popper is frustrated too and we both need a time out. That rule applies if work has me ticked off about something, I wait until I'm relaxed enough so my intense energy doesn't transfer to him. GSDs are very sensitive to their owner's moods and unintended body language that comes from them. I didn't realize how much so until training the other day and it was pointed out by the trainer.

I'm sure other dogs pick up on their owner's moods just like GSDs (didn't mean to single out a breed), but Popper is with me nearly 24/7 and I'm his only human owner. We go out to pet friendly places and have lots of friends, but Popper is glued to me. I've not had a such a velcro dog ever, even after 30 years of owning different breed pups. Of all of my sweet puppies that have been in my life, Popper has shown he is the smartest dog I've ever owned! 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Well, Our first adventure trip starts tomorrow. My high school friend & I (he has Parkinson's & has had since he was about 35) will be making a trek to Oregon for 5 days of fun & adventure with some other high school friends. I know 2 other dogs will be with the group as well, so this will be a good socializing event for Ruger. My friend will be here today so he & Ruger can get acquainted before the 8 hour drive. So far, he's proven to be a good "traveling" dog, as when my kids brought him to me, that was a 5 hour trip, and they said he did great with pit stops along the way. I will not be taking the T@B this trip (we have rented a cabin on the Oregon coast), but the next one, I will be, so I wanted to do a "test" run. My friend & I tend to make more "pit" stops than other folks, as being confined to minimal positions inside a car, or truck is uncomfortable after a couple hours of driving. I, for one need to get out & do a short "walk-about" to get some of the kinks out. I've traveled with my friend on many occasions, and his needs for getting out & moving around pretty much coincide with mine, so Ruger will have many chances to get out & stretch his legs, do his business, and get a drink.
    All in all, I guess we'll see how two disabled well seasoned farts & an overly energetic 3 month old puppy survive the trip! Be good to each other out there, travel safe & I'll report back upon our return! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart, ALMOST forgot....I'm takin' the Pit Barrel & guess what we're havin' for dinner????? =);)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    @ericnliz, Ruger will be just great! It's wonderful you'll be with someone who understands the needs of bouncing 12 week old puppy. You all will have a wonderful trip :) . Of course, pictures or it didn't happen!!! :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Have a safe trip!

• Options
    @ericnliz, you and Ruger have probably already left, but I also wanted to add that this will be an amazing bonding experience. Puppies sleep a lot and you might make him into a lap puppy hehehehehe. I keep a lot of special eyeglass wipes around. GSDs don't normally lick as much as Goldens, but for some reason, Popper wants to clean my glasses his way lol. Safe travels!
  • Options
    @ericnliz now I KNOW what you’re cooking in Junior! YUM! Safe travels my friend. Bring home new stories (‘cause I know there won’t be leftovers!) And pics. You know the rules and I’d hate to have @Ratkity and I gang up on you, plus anyone else who wants to join in. In the meantime, just know I and others have very fond memories of a very tasty Q in April!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    PS: Hey @ericnliz what’s this baloney about you and frequent pit stops? I have witnesses to the contrary, including one on your shoulder!  =)
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 909
    Tomorrow (June 15) is Homebodyatheart‘s birthday birthday!!!  Have a great day!

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Homebodyatheart, happy, happy happy!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    <3 Happy Belly Lint Day!! I hope it's a great one :)
  • Options
    Awww shucks, thank you everyone! So far it's a great day, weather included!
  • Options
    Happy BD @Homebodyatheart !

• Options
    First, Happy Fathers Day to all dads out there! 

Second, there is nothing more fun than meeting up with a fellow Tabber for lunch on their journey home across the state! We connected on a FB Tab page and she called when she was close to town. We could have talked for hours! luckily she has site reservation between here and home so an extended lunch was a perfect stop for her. Tabbers are just the greatest bunch of people!  =)
  • Options
    I just need to figure out how to keep the Fireball colder than the beer! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Sorry I'm late to the party, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, dry ice in a cooler on wheels. You could use a harness setup of sorts and Ruger could follow you around with it. =)
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, Not a chance. I found out on my trip how much Ruger likes beer. He'd drink it all, and they won't let him buy more 'cause he's too young! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.