400 questions

FitzFitz Member Posts: 12
Just wondering if those new 400 owners out there find the fridge to be sufficient. Also wondering about that super textured floor...feels great, looks great, but seems like a nightmare to keep clean. Would appreciate some pics of your 400 modifications if you have any. We are looking to upgrade in the spring

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Fitz, if you do a search of 400, some 400 owners have already given their opinion of the floor and the fridge. Sit back and do some reading--our owners are great about posting threads with their experiences. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    We love the fridge!  I did pop the grill shelf out so that we could get taller items in.  It is easy to snap back in place if you want it. We start the fridge a couple hrs before we leave and it is cool ready to go when we leave.  We set it on the 3 setting and it works great for us.  No more of the fridge problems we had with the 320.  We picked up a battery powered dirt devil vac for quick pick ups.  The floor is comfy and easy to care for.  We did also get a cushioned rubber floor mat for when we step out of the shower. wipes up easy. You Will love the 400!!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • FitzFitz Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the information.  We have loved our tab cssmax and our four wide before that, looking forward to our 400. Happy travels!
  • BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
    Fitz said:
    Just wondering if those new 400 owners out there find the fridge to be sufficient. Also wondering about that super textured floor...feels great, looks great, but seems like a nightmare to keep clean. Would appreciate some pics of your 400 modifications if you have any. We are looking to upgrade in the spring
    Just back from our first outing in our 400 boondock lite.  We upgraded from a 320 CS-S and when looking at the 400, my wife did not like the flooring.  A quick call to the factory and we were able to have ours built with the dark floor - same that came with our 320 cs-s.  We have an old Dyson that we keep in one of the storage area in front by the window on the driver's side.  Just the vacuum unit and the small brush.  We have the three-way fridge and had no issues.  BTW, we also pack in our TV, an ARB 50gal fridge for larger items.  Setup worked for us.  Really like the 400 - loved the 320 but it was just a bit too small.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
    Niceville, Florida
  • kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    I repackage things into smaller more compact packages and only keep a couple drinks at a time in refr. the area right under the freezer keeps things pretty frozen so if freezer full put frozen items you intend to use soon there-I have learned to limit my ice use and keep dry milk on hand for recipes so I usually don't have milk-I keep just 1 quart pitcher that fits in door of water n 1 of iced tea or other beverage in door n limit condiments. I try to not over cook so minimal leftovers. eggs take up a lot of room so I crack the shells whip them up n keep in small container ready for scrambled eggs or to use in a recipe-many fruits n vegs can stay at room temp for awhile depending on what they are and how hot it is so I have a hanging wire basket for these. I think for my upcoming trip I may keep a cooler on the floor in my truck since i'm driving by myself and buy ice since I have something I want to bring from my freezer and that way I could have cold drinks while driving too
  • kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    not a fan of the floor in the 400 but I keep 2 rugs and have a welcome mat outside-this gets most of dirt and I take shoes off when inside rugs are easy to wash-loose stuff I managed to run my vacuum cleaner from garage was just long enough-I have a small broom and dustpan too
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    I am really disappointed,  I was expecting 400 questions.....that was only 2
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
    Just wait until they start the Alde, Then there will be more questions!  Ha!
  • RCBRCB Member Posts: 190
    edited May 2019
    OK, another question. I found a space running the full width of the trailer, about 8-10” wide and just forward of the wheels. It is between the floor and the plastic bottom fairing, and is the depth of the frame. Has anyone come up with a good use for this volume?
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • MartiwncMartiwnc Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have the exact measurements of the queen bed? I am getting my 400 next week and I am considering cutting my memory foam mattress from home to replace the stock mattress. 
    I got 55in wide x 79 long give or take.  Best to take delivery and check how you want to do it.  We use a set of Full fitted sheets with a Full comforter.  Also have a full/ queen topper under the fitted bottom sheet.  Used to use a queen set of sheets but had plenty to tuck under the mattress.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @atlasb, would short queen sheets work?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    We use a fitted full size sheet on the mattress along with a full size top sheet - they are a perfect size.
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    edited May 2019
    Deep pocket fitted full size and full size top sheet. And we use twin blanket and comforter.
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • mikesnewjourneymikesnewjourney Member Posts: 28
    Just curious if anyone has ideas for inside rugs for the T@B 400? 

• TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    Just curious if anyone has ideas for inside rugs for the T@B 400? 

We have a rug at the door, then have a bath rug that stays in the bathroom floor (when not showering), then comes outside the bathroom door as a step-out rug after showering. Also have a small outdoor rug for brushing off shoes below the step.
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Floor — The TaB 400 (2018-2019) is a Marine grade flooring, waterproof and very easy to clean.  You do not need a vacuum (NuCamp recently mends not using one) just a small soft broom or brush sweeps up any debris off the floor and a damp wipe up finishes the job.  I do have an indoor/outdoor rug at the door to help keep the floor clean, and kick off my shoes at the door also helps.  This floor is grand and feels soft when walking on it without shoes.  This flooring is used on small boats for outside deck covering, so very durable.

Fridge 
    — The two-way compressor fridge is very efficient, at 2.5 empty, it is around 38-40 F so at 3 with food in it should keep things nicely cold.  Freezer makes ice also.  Only down side is having to get low to access the back of the fridge.
    Cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.