Options

be prepared for zombies

Comments

• Options
    cmaccmac Member Posts: 90
    Good point, Verna.  At the station I mentioned above, there were probably 12-14 fueling lanes and only about 3 were in use at that time.  I agree, if all lanes were backed-up/in use, I would have moved to the side parking area and let the Zombies come on over.
    John & Cheryl
    2007 T@B ClamShell by Dutchman "Goli@th"
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I sometimes can tell people have waited for me to get back to the campsite, lol. 

Gas stations make me a little more nervous, too. I have been approached by con artists, before.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    My zombies seem to show up when I'm trying to break camp. They wander by all weekend while I'm just chilling in my recliner and happy to show them around, but then on Sunday morning while I'm trying to get out of there, I guess they figure, now or never. I've got crap scattered everywhere, I'm usually all grungy from breaking down and NOW they want to look.

I had a neighborhood zombie last night. Our garage doors were open and they were walking. They are also looking for a camper to fit in their 8 foot bay. They almost bought a R-Pod. I gave them the tour, told them about NuCamp. I have a stack of brochures left from my last trip to Tearstock, but they have Little Guy on them. I need to get back up to Ohio and get another stack from NuCamp.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    ColleenD2 said:
    skwhee where did you get flyers? I’m making a handout right now but I wonder if NüCamp would give me some of those one pagers?

If you ever get to the factory, just ask, and they will give you an entire package of them.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Verna said:
    It never fails, if I am at a super busy gas station, two or three zombies want a tour. Sorry, I do not give tours at gas stations so I don’t make other customers mad. Any where else, it’s fine. Besides that, I normally need to take care of other urgent business, too ;)
    I usually have to put a hand up and say, "hold that thought" as I run inside. About 75% of the time they are still outside waiting on me :)
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    nuCamp has nice, new glossy brochures.  We took a few to hand out.  Wonder if the marketing department would send us copies?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 910
    @Sharon_is_SAM-That is a great idea!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    jkjenn said:
    I sometimes can tell people have waited for me to get back to the campsite, lol. 

Gas stations make me a little more nervous, too. I have been approached by con artists, before.
    There's this local con artist that makes the rounds at gas stations and he's done it for more than 16 years. I told him he's approached me before with his scam and if he doesn't move his happy arse and partner (girl) in crime, the police will catch him because that's who I am calling once I finished fueling.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    gymcoachdongymcoachdon Member Posts: 54
    Zombie filled weekend in Indiana.  We even had a guy come with his tape measure, as he is building a teardrop for his sister, and wanted to check a few things out.
    2016 T@B CS-S
    TV 2007 F150
  • Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    Mouseketab THANK YOU!

2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    rkj__ said:
    Our T@b has generated a fair bit of interest.  People are often interested in how much it cost.  My standard answer is "too much." 
    Good answer and they all cost too much, at least I don't think Nucamps are quite as prone to fall apart quite as quick as some other makes, there are plenty of sad you tube videos of brand new RV's litterly falling apart in first season!
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    brayan_mercbrayan_merc Member Posts: 4
    Ratkity said:
    jkjenn said:

There's this local con artist that makes the rounds at gas stations and he's done it for more than 16 years. I told him he's approached me before with his scam and if he doesn't move his happy arse and partner (girl) in crime, the police will catch him because that's who I am calling once I finished fueling.
    I also do not talk too much at the gas stations and every time tell that there are people waiting for me. After all, it's my decision and why would I do something that I don't feel comfortable about?...
  • Options
    We seem to get the most zombies right as we are trying to break camp!

• Options
    It has been a zombie barrage, on this trip.  =) I just finished, "evangelizing" in a Walmart parking lot in Montrose, CO and referred them to the dealers in GJ and Pagosa Springs.

I really need some brochures or to get a barcode printed as  a decal with a link to the nüCamp website. I am happy fo help but wa t to make sure people have something when we part.

I have probably come across half a dozen other T@b, including meeting the very nice owners of a T@b up at Owl Creek Pass and. T@h at the RV Park where my brother and his wife were staying in Ouray.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    rajamarrajamar Member Posts: 112
    jkjenn said:
    Gotta ask - which camera do you use for the 360s?
    2016 T@B S - TV 2004 Toyota Sienna
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    We would place the QR code sticker on our 400 if we could get one that directed to NU Camp.  Our little guy 5 wide had one and people would stop and scan it.  If some one will let us know how to get one we would appreciate it.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    @jkjenn and @Ratkity, I'm curious. At the gas station, what is the scam/con?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    dhaufdhauf Member Posts: 199
    edited October 2018
    It’s “hey let’s see if your T@b will fit on my hitch.”  Lol just kidding.  I’m curious also.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Well, that's how we got our Tab!
    dhauf said:
    It’s “hey let’s see if your T@b will fit on my hitch.”  Lol just kidding.  I’m curious also.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    If my calculations are correct, when this sucker reaches 88 mph....

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @Michigan_Mike I’d be so tempted to answer “Why yes, it is! It takes me to my happy place! (Camping...)”
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    @Michigan_Mike I’d be so tempted to answer “Why yes, it is! It takes me to my happy place! (Camping...)”
    I had a hard time holding off from one of those belly laughs when the young man made the statement as it was hilarious!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    ChanW said:
    @jkjenn and @Ratkity, I'm curious. At the gas station, what is the scam/con?
    Distract you while they break into your TV.

• Options
    rajamar said:
    jkjenn said:
    Gotta ask - which camera do you use for the 360s?
    Samsung Gear 360.

• Options
    treefrogtreefrog Member Posts: 95
    We bought our trailer a week ago. 30 miles from the dealer we stopped for a sandwich. Less than five minutes after we were in the restaurant someone starts looking in the windows and taking pictures. 
  • Options
    @treefrog - Welcome!  And so starts the life of T@b ownership!

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @treefrog, It's only just begun! Wait until you wake up one morning & you have three or four circling you like a wagon train under attack! My best one so far was three Park Rangers, and a Sheriff with his Deputy. The neighbors thought I was in trouble. :fearful::rofl:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    edited October 2018
    treefrog said:
    We bought our trailer a week ago. 30 miles from the dealer we stopped for a sandwich. Less than five minutes after we were in the restaurant someone starts looking in the windows and taking pictures. 
    Following @AldebaranJill 's example I made window covers out of Reflectix. Keeps both the heat and peepers out.

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @treefrog, on our very first outing, we stopped at the registration office of the campground and soon noticed a zombie headed straight for the t@b. The husband went into the office and said zombie boldly approached. Seeing only me and the kids he began looking into the side windows and discovered we had interior curtains. When he climbed onto the tongue, placed his phone directly onto the front window and began snapping pics of the interior, the alpha in me took over. Upset, and protective of the kids and trailer, I began to get out of the TV. At the same time the husband exited the office. Suddenly the aggressive zombie was tag teamed and sheepishly beat a hasty retreat. I worried and wondered what might happen in future travels, but have never had another encounter even remotely like that. Most are friendly, and if engaged in conversation, can provide local tips or travel details, and some make for campfire tales. Enjoy your experiences. It's all part of the adventure!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.