2019 T@B 400 Silver/Black
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax oil burner
Tampa, Florida

Comments

• rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    "sorry, content is not available right now"
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    I for one don't think the " T@B " prefix should be used on this huge and fairly standard box travel trailer.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    Isn't it likely a nüCamp Aria just like nüCamp TAG, nüCamp TAB, and nüCamp Cirrus lines?
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • ecyfotoecyfoto Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2019
    rkj__ said:
    "sorry, content is not available right now"
    If you don't have an FB account you probably will not see it. It's on the T@B Camping Trailers group.
    2019 T@B 400 Silver/Black
    2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax oil burner
    Tampa, Florida
  • RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    edited October 2018
    Double axle, rear north/south bed, separate toilet/shower, large fridge with separate bottom crisper drawer, closet, wrap-around front dinnette seat that supposedly makes a queen bed. No mention of length or weight. 
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    edited September 2018
    Patsy Miller posted it from Miller's in Perkasie. ou should be able to see it without having an account.

About 3500 lbs.... Here is the video from their public page. Production should start in January.

https://www.facebook.com/millertrailersalespa/videos/714559872245032/

I love most of what I have seen. I wish they had found an upgrade to the windows and shades but I realize this is still in development and those could change. I love the look of the cabinets. I am still holding out for a sharper exterior look. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    From the graphic on the trailer it looks like the name is actually AVIA, like the running shoes. (Possible name conflict, like with Outback?) Look forward to seeing it in person in Hershey. 
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Boy that looks really nice!  Very European!  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    The fridge looks the same as the one in the Cirrus (along with the nifty pantry drawer).  If so, I believe it is a two part fridge, with a bottom refrigerator drawer, not a freezer.  I'm willing to be wrong, just going off memory.
  • gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    It looks like a super nice camper.  I wouldn't know what to do with all that space.  I have useable empty space in my 320, and I could still pare down.  I travel light.
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    @Travelin3D I noticed the name of AVIA too! It probably would have never registered except I worked there for 8 years from when it was a start up company and 8 employees! Back on topic--will be interesting to see if the name changes.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
    Boy that looks really nice!  Very European!  
    europe has very nice campers..    most of the campers in Europe are pretty low to the ground.  i hope this will be just as low
  • danp212danp212 Member Posts: 44
    On the bottom of Miller Trailer Sales homepage (official nucamp dealer) they have this note about the 2018 Hershey RV show: 

"Most exciting though will be that NuCamp will be featuring two of their prototypes for the first time: the Aria, which will be a little bigger than the T@B 400 but a more traditional style with a queen bed on one side and the dinette will make another queen bed. The second prototype will be the new half ton Cirrus truck camper for the smaller trucks! We are excited to be the first dealership in the US to show these models, so come on out and see them! The prototypes will not be for sale, but you can place an order."
    2017 T@B Max S
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Really quality looking Unit.  Won't fit in our shop and can't pull it with our TV.  Sticking with the 400 that we have and love.  Should pull some business from some of the upper scale units.  Know NU Camp will get it right for sure.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
    Attended the Hershey show yesterday. nuCamp and Miller Trailer Sales were set up next to each other.  The new Avia is very impressive: large, of course, nicely laid out and quality materials used throughout.  Very airy with a large skylight over the dining area.  Kind of an odd bathroom set up, but someone said they may be refining that from the prototype.  Crowding made picture-taking impractical, but I'm sure others will be posting shots here.

Patsy Miller was doing land-office business and all her units were marked "sold" with two days still to go.

Inside the arena there were many vendors set up and I saw that Alde had a booth that was looking very lonely, so I stopped and chatted with Spencer for a bit - nice guy and I hope he gets more folks stopping by.

All in all, a good show.  Not being a T@B owner yet, I have to say that after looking over miles (literally) of other brands I would not buy anything else.  I was explaining the Alde compared to furnace systems to another attendee and she asked me if I had a card!

Also got to meet Patrick and Patti from "Travels with Delaney."  Very nice folks, down to earth just like their videos.

Well, that's the news.  Hope some other T@Bbers post their reviews of the show as well.
    danp212 said:
    . . . The second prototype will be the new half ton Cirrus truck camper for the smaller trucks!
     Smaller trucks are the Tacoma, Canyon/Colorado** and soon Ford Ranger, correct?

Current Canyon/Colorado models are not designed to carry a slide-in camper, Bold Type Warning in Owners Manual, they are designed for towing . . . nearly everything you need to tow is standard.

Seems like NuCamp is taking a bit of risk here.

** just to be clear current design Canyon/Colorado is as BIG as a 1990's full-size pickup with the exception of engine.  Newer engines are smaller but may have the same output as the 'good old days' of pickup trucks. = before they became over priced 1st vehicle instead of their work truck history =

Just saw Miller's has a video up on YouTube on the Avia.
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    danp212 said:
    . . . The second prototype will be the new half ton Cirrus truck camper for the smaller trucks!
     Smaller trucks are the Tacoma, Canyon/Colorado** and soon Ford Ranger, correct?

Current Canyon/Colorado models are not designed to carry a slide-in camper, Bold Type Warning in Owners Manual, they are designed for towing . . . nearly everything you need to tow is standard.

Seems like NuCamp is taking a bit of risk here.

** just to be clear current design Canyon/Colorado is as BIG as a 1990's full-size pickup with the exception of engine.  Newer engines are smaller but may have the same output as the 'good old days' of pickup trucks. = before they became over priced 1st vehicle instead of their work truck history =

Four Wheel truck campers have a model for a Colorado. My bet is that nuCamp did their research, here, before producing a camper for a truck that cannot handle it. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

jkjenn said:

Current Canyon/Colorado models are not designed to carry a slide-in camper, . . .
    Four Wheel truck campers have a model for a Colorado. My bet is that nuCamp did their research, here, before producing a camper for a truck that cannot handle it. 
    Canyon/Colorado Users Forum has references that the cargo box is not attached to the frame the same way as full-size trucks.
    2017 Colorado Manual says:

Just saw Miller's has a video up on YouTube on the Avia.

NEW CAMPER PROTOTYPE AT THE HERSHEY RV SHOW "nuCamp Avia" with Miller Trailer Sales!

Nice and wayyyyy to bigggg for me.

• linolino Member Posts: 224
    I wonder about what it will cost

It way too big for me now but eventually I may want something like this, especially if it is from NuCamp
    edited October 2018
    Here are a couple of videos of the Avia prototype with a good close-up look inside and outside of this 28' trailer. Do you think the bathroom is adequate?
    https://www.teardrop-quebec.net/t1557-nucamp-avia-prototype#

As comparison, here is a bathroom from a 27' Coachmen. 

Is this more than you need or do you expect this in a larger camper?
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • MisterbeeMisterbee Member Posts: 2
    I don't know if it's more than I need, but I find it very unattractive.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    edited March 2019
    @Misterbee - you find the above pictures unattractive?  That is from a Coachmen.

Welcome to the forum.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • MisterbeeMisterbee Member Posts: 2
    I much prefer the NuCamp look. 
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    edited March 2019
    @Roamey That is why there are a couple of hundred trailer manufacturers.

Don't like one, pick another vendor.

If a big bathroom is your deal, there is a trailer for that,  obviously not a nucamp.   Expect and need are completely individual choices.   

I wouldn't let anyone shame you for what you want.  The absolute last place you should be is setting up your trailer and saying to your self......I wish I would have bought the other trailer because.........

My advice would be to go to a showroom or rooms for trailers on your short list and go through your daily routine.   Tell the salesrep you need time in the trailer with out them . Make the bed and lay in it,  Go through the motions of your morning routine....motions of making a meal.   Motions of a shower and using the bathroom.  And take notes and picture of likes and dislikes.  That is what we did.

Every trailer will have comprises.   You just need to figure out which ones are deal breakers for you
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • LuigiLuigi Member Posts: 29
    Mandy Lea just posted the best video of the Avia I've seen. Check it out!
    Nice!  Loved the reclining bed, reminds me of the reclining seat in the 320. Still don't get the bath. It's a big camper, where is everyone going to keep hand towels, wash cloths, and bath towels while using them?  There isn't even a solid, flat door available to hang things on. 
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    I guess I don't understand the bathroom either.  So you have to straddle the toilet while you have to pull down the sink to wash your hands &/or use the mirror to get ready in the morning?  I'm glad we have other nucamp options---I like the look of the 320S with the light birch cabinets & oak flooring--just my taste.
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I see the bathroom differently, I guess. As two people are getting reading, one can have privacy in the toilet/brush your teeth/put on makeup/etc. area while the other has privacy in the shower. 

It would be a rare occurance to be sitting down taking care of business and to need to have the faucet running at the same time. There's always the kitchen faucet, too. 

Think of a motel room. My favorites are the one  where the shower is separate from the sink area. When my sister and I have traveled and stayed at motels, the split bathroom floor plan has been my favorite.

Just my thoughts....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”