Options

New "Tech Talk" Video from nuCamp

BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
Hot off the presses, re using the Alde control panel............basic information, but helpful.  I hope they will issue similar relevant videos on a regular basis in the future.  As far as the Alde, it would be nice if they could do one that describes "how" the Alde actually operates to heat the camper cabin and hot water.  This will be a great service if nuCamp keeps it going and answers the recurring questions that T@B owners ask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB-JzYcxNQM&feature=youtu.be
2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
(Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Creed is the gentleman who answers your questions at tech@nucamprv.com , by the way. A very nice young gentleman with an amazing wealth of knowledge on the nüCamp products. If he doesn’t know the answer, he will go down to the production floor and find the answers. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    DesertDwellerDesertDweller Member Posts: 129
    Additional kudos for Creed.  He was very helpful to me regarding my factory installed solar panel when I was looking to change the charge controller to a Victron unit. 
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite a/k/a "The D@wghouse"
    2012 Jeep Liberty KK a/k/a "Libby"
  • Options
    Here’s another Tech Talk from Creed “ Jow to adjust your Alde mixing valve”:

Chris wants to know why he's only getting around 10 seconds of hot water before it switches back to cold. Have the same question? Creed has your solution! 

In this Tech Talk, Creed explains how you can adjust your Alde mixing valve to allow for more hot water. Now you can enjoy warmer water in your teardrop camper!

Have a great weekend and happy adventuring!

Want to share this tip with friends? Send them the YouTube link: https://youtu.be/nJR-DlZuYlE
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Very edgy music, but there was no mention of backing out the screw!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    The newest Tech Talk concerning the Battery Disconnect switch:

In this Tech Talk, Creed explains the purpose of your battery disconnect switch and how you can use it to preserve energy when you're boondocking. 

Thank you, Lisa, for the great question and Creed for the helpful explanation. Have a wonderful weekend and happy adventuring!

Want to share this Tech Tip with your friends? Send them the YouTube link: https://youtu.be/UHhkKSaNES4
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Well would of been nice to address if this disconnects the factory solar too? I haven't checked this yet to know for sure, I thought I read someplace the solar is always hooked to the battery and bypasses the switch?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    Can you simply trace the wires in your own trailer? If both leads from the solar controller run directly to the battery, that the disconnect should not affect solar charging.
    Alternatively--if you have a way of checking it such as a display or power indicator--park in the sun and look to see if your controller stays on when the battery is disconnected. IIRC mine is powered from the battery and will turn off if the unplugged from the battery. I'm not absolutely certain all controllers work the same way, however.
    Another point that might have been addressed in the video is the effect of the disconnect on the breakaway breaking system. On my 320 a disconnect installed at the battery would leave the breakaway brakes unpowered in the event of a trailer separation. I believe the same applies to the 400. There has been much debate and  misinformation (including some from the factory) over this subject in the past.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @ScottG yes I am capable of figuring that out and will, it just seems these three Tech videos produced so far are more basic than basic and leave a lot unsaid each week. Maybe we will get a bit more meat as the get more time under their belt?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    Emma62Emma62 Member Posts: 51
    These were very helpful introduction videos for me.  Perhaps they can do a 101 version like this for those of us just starting our journey then add a 102 version for those wanting more technical information.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    The factory solar system is Not disconnected with the battery shut off switch, the solar panel is a,ways charging the battery unless disconnected by the Victron controller.  You an test this quite easily, turn off the battery switch, then log on to the Victron controller with your smart phone application, and you will see the Victron is charging the battery.  If you have the Victron battery monitor, it’s display will also show the battery is charging.
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.