Options

Water leak!

13»

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    VictoriaP said:
    Photomom said:
    Fridge cools on 120v. Checking propane again. Burner definitely burns.

I did discover that the auxiliary fan that NuCamp supplied has stopped working. The switch is supplying 12v to it so I guess we have another task when we get home. Oh and we also cracked the plastic vent getting it off...not having a good week.
    Ugh. So sorry to hear about all this. Hate it when problems come in batches, hope you can still enjoy your trip!
    Entropy is hitting us hard...
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited May 2019
    Glad to hear it worked for you, @Pika1.  Still wondering if @Photomom has tried it yet.
    Funny reading about the "Z-Flex Southpaw Stretch"! 

@Photomom, there's always duct tape - it held our frig vent for quite a while until I found the little clip I broke on Amazon that holds it on.  If you want to try gluing it, JB Weld plastic bond it a great product & comes in black & white.  Probably can find it locally.  Hope you get it all sorted out so you can enjoy your trip - good luck!

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    BrianZ said:
    Sorry, @Photomom, but I wrote that as soon as I found out.  I was cursing myself too, but because I'm right-handed, it just never dawned on me to try my left until yesterday when I started wondering "how are people reaching this?" and gave it a try.  I was surprised it made such a difference - not huge in distance, but huge in results.

PS:  I had also gone back into the trailer to see where I might be able to cut a new access hatch for reaching that lower connection & needed to feel the inside of the wall for obstructions.  In the process I ended up trying my left hand.  The new hatch idea is on hold for now, since I learned how to reach that connection.

I was not able to get my left arm in there. I was able to get my right hand around the threaded connector. It wasn’t “loose” but I could tighten it maybe 30 degrees (out of 360). 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited September 2019
    Gorilla tape leak-proof tape has been my saving grace for several spontaneous repairs on the road.
    @Photomom -I understand the entropy thing. First I hand a rip in side "AFire's" vinyl roof and woke up with a wet bed in Dec the day of doing Wreaths Across America. It was pouring rain and I was dry camping on a friend's land that weekend with a bunch of other crazy teardrop folks. :)
    My friends and I just moved the mattress, cranked up the generator (found gas, happened to have the generator with me), turn on the ceramic heater and upped the propane heat to dry things out. When I used that special gorilla tape and Flex seal (both 'meh' as an underwater fix') I found 2 other little holes up there *sigh*. Fixed those. Then when had first shake down trip this March, saw both the LED taillights were going out by accident. Two diodes in both were either blown or blinking out due to condensation inside. The seal in the units had broken. They were working correctly when I left the house.
    When I changed out the very expensive LED taillight strips, I found out the manufacturer used cheap splicers on the driver's side to splice into the taillight wire and they weren't waterproof *more sighs*. I couldn't reach them inside or through the outside hole to change out FOUR splices. I left them alone, replaced and tested the lights. All worked. *relaxed and again appreciated that little teardrop*
    Afire is an honorary teardrop because she birthed one (she's a tiny toyhauler) LOL. It's a long story....
    I did get her name on her!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Wow, @Ratkity, that is quite a story! Glad you were able to persevere!
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited September 2019
    @Photomom, keep us updated on your entropy issues and leak!! I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. These things happen. At least you didn't wake up in bed on the only portion that wasn't wet (it's nice you know you didn't have to wonder if you wet the bed cuz you could see the water pouring in). :rofl: Things worked out. Let us know what happens with your adventures. Edit: I thought you cracked another vent cover, it was the aux frig vent cover. That thing *is* really fragile. When I installed that aux set of fans, I was worried I was going to mess it up. :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    edited May 2019
    I tried @BrianZ's "Z-flex" move today and by golly it works! The key--and the hardest part--is not to overlook the get your head down close to the right side of the opening. This gets your shoulders close to the opening and maximizes your reach.
    My city water connection wasn't loose, but it did take a snugging up.
    Of course, while I was in there I discovered another problem...
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    KellyGKellyG Member Posts: 11
    @BrianZ thank you!  Your fix was just what i needed!  No more leaks!!

Kelly G
    2018 T@B 320 S   TV: 2020 Kia Telluride
    (T@B is New to me as of 8/30/2019)
    Bloomington, IL
  • Options
    I suppose I owe you an update. Austin had our trailer for a couple of days this past week and could not duplicate our problems. They did an air pressure test first, after several hours the pressure had not dropped a bit. Then they hooked up city water and flushed the toilet a bunch of times. Then they put water in the fresh tank and ran the pump, no leaks.

i had reserved a full hook up site at a nearby KOA so we could try everything. Again, no leaks at all. It’s a mystery.

the black into gray mod that Austin did worked very well though, and we had a nice visit with some Cleveland relatives.