Options

New Tab 400 has some issues

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,505
     Really.  Just being realistic.  I do think the consumer can make an impact by not tolerating poor service.  I don’t think the dealer has closed the door here and it remains to be seen how it all will end.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    gspdxgspdx Member Posts: 208
    There are good dealers and bad dealers out there.  Since we know this is pretty common in the RV industry could we start a category for dealer experience here?  We can post good news as well as the problems and give people just a little more info.  One of the best ways to not tolerate poor service is to know in advance and not do business with these people.

Just a thought. 
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2018 Ford F-150 2.7L Ecoboost with tow package
    PNW
  • Options
    I think members have posted individual threads regarding their experiences.  If someone wants member feedback, they can search the individual dealer name like “Miller” or “Haydocy” or “Princesscraft”.  
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    There is a “Testimonials” category that others have used for both nüCamp and for dealer experiences. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    idletabidletab Member Posts: 57
    At the tire dealer during my vacation with a low tire. He said the valve stems were not properly installed. Now I've got to go replace the other one 
  • Options
    @idletab, how did this all turn out?
  • Options
    I'm coming back to Denver in a few days. NuCamp told me to stuff it and the dealer is obviously shady as heck, especially after promising me a service visit they didn't even put on the books, so I'm not even sure what my further options would be at this point.
  • Options
    I would schedule another service visit with the dealer.  
  • Options
    Yeah, I mean, I'll do that. It's not going to give me compensation for the roof issue or anything else. If they're just going to maybe-fix issues I'd rather wait until the end of camping season.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    webers3 said:
    @Sharon_is_SAM "NuCamp can’t control the dealership behavior" Really? Amazing how much bad service RV owners tolerate when it comes to dealers and manufactures that they would not tolerate in any other area of business.
    I am with Sharon on this one. Although from most of our vantage points, it is easy to believe I'll if the dealer, they cannot put themselves in the middle if he said/she said. Most manufacturers would not have involved themselves whatsoever but they did jump in and get the dealer moving. 

The hard truth is that if you had a walkthrough and signed the papers, the owner also has some responsibility. I would be  better equipped to ha idle a dealer, today, than I was 5 years ago when I brought my T@b home. There is a learning curve to RV ownership and dealing with dealers. nuCamp does end relationships and deal with problems with dealers, but they probably need sufficient feedback before they cut a dealer loose.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    There's no evidence NuCamp called my dealer btw, my wife got that ball rolling. Interesting to see how it's progressed to being my fault, though - guess I should have brought a tall ladder to my walkthrough.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    idletab said:
    There's no evidence NuCamp called my dealer btw, my wife got that ball rolling. Interesting to see how it's progressed to being my fault, though - guess I should have brought a tall ladder to my walkthrough.
    No you shouldn't have, and none of this is your fault, but honestly for my walkthrough, I did look at the roof on mine. (This was 12 years ago). The dealer checklist was about 3/4 of a page long. My checklist was 4 pages long. They actually were not happy with me.

99.9% of the time, extensive walkthroughs should not be necessary for a new vehicle/camper, and you should have been fine, but there is that .01%
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    idletab said:
    I said you bear some responsibility, not that it is all your fault.  Please don't hear what I am not saying.

The holes in the frame should have been apparent without a ladder and some visibility of the caulking is likely visible at ground level.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I'm not sure you're familiar with the 400 if you think it's possible to see the caulking on the vents from the ground? It's larger than the 320. I didn't know the holes weren't factory. Appreciate the input! I was unaware this camper would be unlike any other vehicle or house I'd ever purchased and would have a high likelihood of issues even when new. Now I know.
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,504
    idletab said:
    I'm not sure you're familiar with the 400 if you think it's possible to see the caulking on the vents from the ground? It's larger than the 320. I didn't know the holes weren't factory. Appreciate the input! I was unaware this camper would be unlike any other vehicle or house I'd ever purchased and would have a high likelihood of issues even when new. Now I know.
    I sincerely doubt that the camper had these issues when it was delivered by NuCamp. The problem is your dealer. You’re right to keep NuCamp in the loop about your issues with the dealer so they know to drop this dealer. But you bought the trailer from the dealer, and the dealer apparently misrepresented the condition of the trailer, so you need to sort out your issues with the dealer. It’s not fair to expect NuCamp to make you whole. I’d suggest that you start putting all of your communications in writing and clearly state what you want from the dealer. Look into contacting your state’s attorney general or relevant consumer protection agency. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    The roof on my tab 320 has the same imprints on it,  now keep in mind it never sat on a dealer lot and was delivered in Berlin Ohio about 15 miles from the factory,     so my guess is that whom ever is installing the roof vents is leaning on the roof of the trailer making the dents.   
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods