New 2021 T@B 320s Prototype video .

B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 172
edited October 2019 in Events & News
Looks like Princess Craft Rv has had a quick look around the prototype 2021 T@B320s . 
Not sure how I feel about it ....... 
Love the new 12v fridge, slide out bed set-up with split backrest and cassette style toilet / bathroom shower set-up .  
Not sure if I love the updated look and outside speakers they talk about incorporating . 

What do you all think of this !?!?! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewkuh3im81c

2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
2001 Chevy Suburban LT 2500 8.1 - 496ci
2022 Jayco Jay Feather Micro 166 FBS  
2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !  
2021 Keystone Passport Superlight 229RK - SOLD
2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black Trim. - SOLD
2011 Keystone Outback 260FL 32' - 2 Slides . - SOLD

Comments

• VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    My comment when I saw it on Facebook:

Grateful 2019 owner here, feeling like I bought just in the nick of time. I do like the narrower exterior trim (which might not crack as easily) and the decal. Wouldn’t mind the cassette toilet, but I’m also fine with having a black tank as it’s seriously no big deal to empty. The rest...no. Not for me. Too stark, too sleek, not enough storage, no character. Just bland and a bit plasticky looking. Will be very interesting to compare to the Barefoot though, and I’m sure they feel they have a market for the polished version of this prototype.

I’ll add here that the proposed market will probably differ significantly from those of us who liked the original. Going to have a lot fewer people calling this one “cute” though!
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 172
    VictoriaP said:
    My comment when I saw it on Facebook:

Grateful 2019 owner here, feeling like I bought just in the nick of time. I do like the narrower exterior trim (which might not crack as easily) and the decal. Wouldn’t mind the cassette toilet, but I’m also fine with having a black tank as it’s seriously no big deal to empty. The rest...no. Not for me. Too stark, too sleek, not enough storage, no character. Just bland and a bit plasticky looking. Will be very interesting to compare to the Barefoot though, and I’m sure they feel they have a market for the polished version of this prototype.

I’ll add here that the proposed market will probably differ significantly from those of us who liked the original. Going to have a lot fewer people calling this one “cute” though!
    Same here .........loving our 2019 ! 
    2020 did not appeal to us with the dark wood and ac system . Now the 2021 is completely different . 
    LOVE the bathroom set-up , Love the fridge and Love the bed set-up . 
    Dont love that glossy cabinet look. Kind of going for the Avia look .

Some pro, some cons .......
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2001 Chevy Suburban LT 2500 8.1 - 496ci
    2022 Jayco Jay Feather Micro 166 FBS  
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !  
    2021 Keystone Passport Superlight 229RK - SOLD
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black Trim. - SOLD
    2011 Keystone Outback 260FL 32' - 2 Slides . - SOLD

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    I really liked the smooth, dark wood cabinets unlike the attempts to stain the old style birch cabinets.  The pull out slats are brilliant and I would like to see those in the CS.  The ability to have a choice with the graphics is appealing.  It did feel bigger!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • linolino Member Posts: 224
    edited October 2019
    I like the new bed slots, much faster set up
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    WOW!
    Exterior changes are a-OK for me.  Improve the product and reduce manufacturing steps.
    Interior changes, well So So glad I have a 2018 model.

Two Years of development to create a lesser  useful product.
    The Folks that have been purchasing T@B's don't need Microwaves . . . . . .
    In a 15-foot trailer there is no need for a Sink in the Wet Bath!

Cabinets look worse than the 2020 Dark Stain, IMHO.
    Cassette Toilet, you mean a two piece porti-potti . . . .
    Why have space for two LP tanks if you have 12V only Fridge? ? ? ? ?

NuCamp is trying to "mainstream" their products . . . . . that  approach might increase short term sales but will turn NuCamp into another average trailer manufacturer.
    Too Bad NuCamp does not monitor the Forum.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Additional Thought.
    I've told many Zombie's about the positive features of T@B and directed them to NuCamp web-site.
    If the 2021 production is much like the prototype I will be telling Zombies to look for USED 2019 or older T@B's
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489

Why have space for two LP tanks if you have 12V only Fridge? ? ? ? ?

Yeah, that’s a little baffling to me too. Though I guess it’d be nice to have more propane available for the Alde. 

A number of the changes are clearly the result of trying to streamline their build process—using only one type of cabinet material across the all models, cassette toilets sourced for both the Cirrus and smaller Tab, AC the same on the 320 & 400—and to create a uniform interior look for their brand. Unfortunately for me, it’s a style I don’t care for. 

I like my 320, but when/if the time comes to upgrade, I suspect I’ll have to part ways with nuCamp.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @MuttonChops two propane tanks can be useful, I am looking to add a 2nd one to my 400 with two way fridge. One it gives a spare, two you can use the 2nd for other items like grills, generator and so on. Better to carry that extra tank in the tip than someplace else.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    edited October 2019
    I may have misunderstood, but I thought the tub was big enough to accommodate either 2 batteries OR 2 tanks.  That is certainly a good idea for those who want bigger batteries OR 2 tanks.  Those who full time or boondock in cold weather running the Alde would appreciate 2 propane tanks.  

I am so glad they are taking the leap to the 12v frig!  About time they jettisoned that Norcold 3 way headache.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I saw this in photos and designs on computers last week and it is rather neat. I like the dedicated spare tire tuck under the tongue in front, and I can tell you Scott Hubble is excited about the new front tub. He is also excited about the new trim and keder rail.—like a kid in a candy store!  The split rail and the sliding bed slats—so many new concepts that seem to actually come from the innovative owners and their mods on previous models. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • monamona Member Posts: 240
    Not crazy about the laminate cabinetry. Although the bathroom door offers more privacy, it really makes the front of the trailer look very confined. I’d love to see a full length mirror on the outside of the door to help get rid of that blank wall look. 

Jeannie
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    There is not one item I like in this model. So glad to have my 2017. Had my first glimpse of a t@b trailer been that prototype, I would have been (and am) repulsed. I would never have become a t@b owner, and missed out on being a part of this extraordinary community. So good to have all of you, and to know many of you. Sad what nüCamp has done.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    I banged my head a few times on the front overhead cabinets when I first got our T@B, so I understand their removal, but I eventually got used to them, and I'd miss the storage.

Like the new kitchen sink, love the new fridge (just had PC remove my old 3way).  Not a fan of cassette toilets (less boondocking time on public land), but like the combo sink shower and the solid door. Don't need a microwave, but love the rear split bench. Sorry to hear the trim is still ABS and may be still subject to subzero cracking, but hopefully the new design (which looks better to my eyes) makes more allowance for thermal movement).  I'm a fan of birch instead of laminate, but perhaps the weight savings provides a greater allowance of heavy personal stuff. With a cassette toilet, if the fresh and grey tanks are now in a heated space maybe the new T@B is a better three or four season camper (I do most my camping in the winter), 

On balance, I'd trade to the new 320 model if we weren't considering something 400 or Avia sized.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    edited October 2019
    Shrugs,

I am surprised no one has said anything about the tongue weight,   so you are adding a spare tire to the tongue, a second propane tank and second battery,  possibly?     

Not sure why a second sink is needed especially way back there....not like you can spit your toothpaste out without banging your head.....

So they are limiting the ability to boondock,   He seemed proud that the fridge only takes 2.5 amps to run.     some quick math,  in less than a day your stock battery is dead.   10 hours 25 amp hours,   50 amp hours in a day.  

never have had an issue with the 3 way fridge.   I prefer to run it on propane,  seems to run cooler than on 12 volt dc .  just my experience.  

Not sure about how much propane the alde uses to heat the trailer.   we have used one tank of propane this summer running the fridge and taking showers.    

A microwave was initially a big deal for us,   but the more we are out in it,   the less important it has become.    We boondock, dry camp more than we are in campgrounds.       The entire campground thing is really miserable.

The cabinets look really bad.  I don't care for them in the avia,  definitely don't like them in the 320.  So are the cabinets now particle board?

The split bench is the biggest win here in my opinion.   When I travel solo it would be night to make one side up for the bed and keep the other for relaxing sitting and eating.  

Glad I got the 2020.   
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
    @Cbusguy ; I assumed that was 2.5A peak, during cool down phase.  Maybe? 

• RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    These changes should make it easier for us to sell our 2017 when we go to something bigger
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @DougH  So you are camping in a location that does not have AC power,  the fridge will be on most of the time,  no air conditioning, correct?    or am I missing something.   In the summer it should be assumed it will run most of the time,  if not all the time.   

Hopefully they actually test this trailer in texas or arizona on some really hot days and make sure it is functional and can keep food at a safe temp.   I have zero doubt the fridge works as advertised,  but the devil is in how it is installed.   poor install equals poor performance.

2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • LisaTucsonLisaTucson Member Posts: 60
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    @MuttonChops two propane tanks can be useful, I am looking to add a 2nd one to my 400 with two way fridge. One it gives a spare, two you can use the 2nd for other items like grills, generator and so on. Better to carry that extra tank in the tip than someplace else.
    LOVE my 2016! Not a fan of the new dark/sterile-like look. I understand NuCamp wants to stay relevant and sometimes it will miss the mark...at least for me.
    Note:  I bought my 2016 used from a private party. It came with a 2-propane tank modification. I, too, run my fridge mostly on propane as it does seem to cool better. I like having the 2nd tank as back up and to run campsite stove.
    Lisa
    Tucson, AZ
    2016 T@B 320 S Outback ("Scout")
    TV: 2013 Lexus 450h
    "You never know when you're having good luck." ~ Unknown
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    None of the changes particularly appeal to me, but I can't say the new model would be a deal breaker if I was new to the market and didn't know any different. It still offers the same basic functionality that drew me to the T@B nearly five years ago.
    Compared to my current trailer, the loss of propane refrigeration and the lack of storage under the benches (already extinct in current models with the new A/C) would be the biggest drawbacks. However, I might like the bigger tub if it could accommodate both a propane tank and dual batteries.
    2015 T@B S
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    I like the cassette toilet. There are a lot of state & national campgrounds in California that don’t have dump stations. It looks like it will be easier to shower thanks to the wet bath layout change. I’m not too wild about the door. I wonder if they considered a retractable door. I think that would be better but maybe there are concerns about durability. https://www.stoett.com/nautilus/
    I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more room to store stuff above the sink/stove. The cabinet framing takes up a fair amount of space. And of course the Jensen isn’t there anymore. The shelf may offer up more useful storage room, or at least the same amount. 
    There have been many requests for a microwave. Personally I don’t need one but from a marketing perspective it’s good to offer that option. 
    I’m not sure that getting rid of the 3-way fridge is a good idea. As a CS owner, I often wish that I had one. They will surely sell a lot more solar equipment. 
    I wonder what they plan for the clamshell. I really think they should make the galley more like the T@G with a flush counter and a roll-out cooler (or maybe a marine-style top-opening fridge. 

All-in-all it looks like they’re moving in the direction of the German T@Bs. 

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • BirdieJaneBirdieJane Member Posts: 237
    The loss the loss of internal storage sticks out to me. 
    2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn
  • IslandJoIslandJo Member Posts: 60
    I really like the pull out bed slats, ALOT.  

The cassette toilet is a show-stopper for me. I would never buy this trailer for that reason. It seems to me lots of women of all ages have a T@b. Many of us don't have the strength or desire to carry a slop bucket.  

Do you think there is still a gray tank or is all water heading to the slop bucket? 
    2018 T@B CS-S on an Outback axle 
    2017 Toyota Tacoma with tow package
    Pacific Northwest 
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    edited October 2019
    I would appreciate a cassette toilet in our 400. It makes camping much more flexible since you are not tied to having, finding, or paying a fee for a dump station. Any toilet, vault, or portapotty will do. 
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    The 2.5a is usage when running, a fridge doesn't run continuous except maybe when 1st started.

That new tub may allow a lot bigger battery?

This would be better with solar, but probably still workable.

I have a 400 2-way fridge with solar, works good and I feel I have virtually unlimited run time if there is sun at all.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    My interpretation is that there would still be a gray tank. I don't know how big a typical toilet cassette is, but I can't see how it could accommodate all the gray water with the need for constant emptying.
    Keep in mind this is just a prototype--some features may be changed before actual production starts. However, nuCamp will need to decide that soon as they are aiming to make the big transition in January of next year.
    2015 T@B S
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    It is to laugh! I didn’t realize how much I liked the black tank until I thought about doing without it! Like others, I really like the split back bench and pullout slats. It sounds like they’ll still offer the light cabinetry, certainly hope so. Not a fan of white walls, camping can get dirty. 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    IslandJo said:
    I really like the pull out bed slats, ALOT.  

The cassette toilet is a show-stopper for me. I would never buy this trailer for that reason. It seems to me lots of women of all ages have a T@b. Many of us don't have the strength or desire to carry a slop bucket.  

Do you think there is still a gray tank or is all water heading to the slop bucket? 
    The cassette toilet would only replace the black tank. It would still have a gray tank for sink and shower water. 
  • VermontSueVermontSue Member Posts: 4
    I am a wannabe T@b owner but really like the cassette toilet.  Looks to have a lot of advantages.  Here is a review of the one from the Cirrus.  I imagine it might be the same one:  http://www.truckcamperadventure.com/cassette-toilets-pros-cons-and-a-few-tips/
    If the fridge is as efficient as the one in the 400, I like that too.  I agree it looks like less storage and I don't like the dark laminate.  
    Cbusguy said:
    @DougH  So you are camping in a location that does not have AC power,  the fridge will be on most of the time,  no air conditioning, correct?    or am I missing something.   In the summer it should be assumed it will run most of the time,  if not all the time.

@Cbusguy ; I guess we will know next year how well insulated the fridge walls are. I have an ancient AC/DC Dometic top load fridge which isn't that big inside since the walls are fairly thick.  I see 5-6A (12V) for the first 30-45 minutes, then it drops to 1-2.5A just for maintaining 36F even in TX heat.  Fingers crossed this new fridge starts at 2.5A and drops to 1A or lower for temperature maintenance.  On the other hand it looked pretty big inside, so may not have R80 VIP walls, and like you say would just stay at 2.5A the whole time.

• dCliffhangerdCliffhanger Member Posts: 120
    I love the split bed with built in supports. I prefer the extra storage vs the microwave. The more electrically efficient frig is good but I don't like losing the LP option for off grid. I prefer the glass BR door and porthole for natural light as the new design will be a dark closet. Cassette toilet is good.  Get the outlets off the front edge where they'll be in the way and less useable. Keep doors on the top cabinets. The stainless sink is great, the bigger tub is great. The outside speaker is an anathema. I ordered my 320S in the middle of 2019\2020 model switch and got dark birch instead of the beautiful light. I was angry about that, but have now gotten used to it but still prefer the natural look.
    Ron\ 2020 T@B 320-S Boondock Edge; Roof Solar, Firefly Grp31 Carbon Foam Battery; TV: 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 3.6l V6; Madison, Wi