Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site! Part 2

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Tabaz, Frank, I forget the entire conversation, but I think a couple of friends own the store and they’ve always been considered a bit crazy.....you know, sort of like me....😂
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    I had a hard time opening this thread - usually due to excess photo size.  Everyone, please remember to reduce your picture size.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    edited October 2019
    Crazy Woman is my favorite FAA navigational aid:

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
    @COcamper - sounds like you made a wise choice, unless you are a dentist looking for work.
    Alright guys, I resized mine before the gentle reminder. Did you?!!

I use Image Size on my iPhone. Free, by the way. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    @jpi68 I was at the East Rim last year at this time.  Amazing spot.  This is all the way out on FR611?

2017 Outback
  • jpi68jpi68 Member Posts: 80
    #pthomas - Yes we were on FR611... Incredible views and close to the Arizona Trail...
    I didn't get one of the "back in" spots, but I fit nicely in one of the turnouts about a half mile before the road ended.

2017 Outback
  • PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    Here’s some shots from last weekend. Pine Grove Furnace state park. PA.
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    And there it is, how cool is that 54 Ford! And the 2016 T@B of course.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

Very nice!  How does it feel pulling the TaB?
  • PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    It pulls great. It’s a 239 Y block, 1st year with overhead valves. It’s been bored +125 thousandth. Isky E4 cam, a crank from a 312 Y block, 4.27 rear. It measures 283” now, we gained almost 50” in displacement. My best time in the 1/4 mile has been 16.88@81mph. It also has 3 two barrel carburetors. We race the truck. Dennis 
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited November 2019
    Fall is finally arriving in central Virginia.
    This is Virginia state park number 17 for us, with 6 more left to visit (23 have RV camping)..

Westmoreland State Park is a pretty place with lots to offer, on the northern side of Virginia's "upper peninsula" along Potomac River near Montross, VA.  It is one of Virginia's original 6 state parks developed by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the early 1930's.

(Above: From the park road looking NW up-river towards where Rte 301 crosses the Potomac - Maryland is on the other side of the river.)
    On the hiking trail from park office to fossil beach..

Marsh overlook near fossil beach..

Another view of our site (B18)..

And a cloudy sunrise view from the pier at the retreat center near the boat launch..

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
    Mooch-docking in a friend’s yard in Chattanooga, TN for a few days on my way to the Gulf for the next month. WOW! There is a lot to see around here!
    Full service camping off of her garage and carport. 
    A working carousel in the revitalized downtown river area
    This young lady took off from Lookout Mountain Hang Glider launch and was able to soar for about 5 minutes down to the landing site. I’ve never been able to see a hang glider up close and I certainly had never seen a hang glider taking off up close!  Lots to see in this historic town!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    At Chewacla State Park, Auburn, Allol
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
    edited November 2019
    Heading farther SE on Virginia's Upper Peninsula from Westmoreland, we came to Belle Isle State Park on the opposite shore along the Rappahannock River, about 2 miles west of.. Nuttsville, VA!  Yes, it's a real town - Google it for an old article on funny town names.

In anticipation of rain, we put up the visor, moved the table under it, & ate lunch.

By the time we were ready for a hike, the rain arrived.

So we hiked in the drizzle to the river..
    (Note the little observer at left)
    Found an "observation blind" at the edge of an inlet (sounds like an oxymoron?).

Some nice natural views..

And the night of the world series championship game we could not get any tv coverage, but after much searching, finally, in the 7th inning we found the espn web radio broadcast on the Tune-In Radio app.  So, with only one bar of 4G we stayed up til midnight to hear the best part of the game.  Go Nats!  (We both grew up in the DC area in MD.)
    Looks like you are having fun @BrianZ.  Virginia is a beautiful state.
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    Two days left before deer season here.  So while only a few other campers braved the arctic temperature at night, the deer were everywhere, enjoying Possum Kingdom State Park (built by the CCC on a Brazos River based lake near Graham TX).  Plug for the vegan burger at Neri's in Graham.

2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

edited November 2019
    On the way home from our last trip above, Google maps routed us through Nuttsville, VA, so I just had to stop for a picture..

This article says it was named after a "prominent" person..

We also found a great little place to stop for a seafood meal at the Urbanna Seafood Market & Restaurant right on the Rappahanock River in Urbanna..

It may have been the last summer-like afternoon, but it was delightful sitting outside in shorts on the large deck with a nice breeze  right on the water.  Food was great (Crab cakes, bacon-wrapped shrimp & scallops, cucumber salad, good beer, etc).

Of course, we parked next to a mountain of oyster shells near the parking lot (this little town was also busy preparing for a huge oyster festival this weekend, with 75k people expected)..

While driving down a narrow bumpy gravel road to get to this place we thought we might be lost, and weren't really sure we had found the right place until we actually walked in the door of a building with no sign & were warmly greeted by a friendly young waiter.  The whole experience of crab cakes & being close to the river reminded me of my childhood summers growing up on the Severn River near Annapolis.  
  • GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 449
    Looking at the title of this thread, we’re excited to see and we look forward to seeing pics of “ your T@b set up” .  Why is there so many pics of trees, people taking pics of trees, rocks, dogs, etc?  How about YOUR T@B SET UP?
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

Besides a picture of the TaB set up (which is sometimes not all that colorful), pictures of folks TaB travels along the way are welcome, too.  
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    edited November 2019

Drove down to Pullman to go watch a WSU football game... “camped” in a cul-de-sac for the two nights.  Not fancy, but free, close to the stadium, and what you do when in Pullman.

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    A little tardy posting this one... From mid-October:
    We spent an awesome weekend in Yakima camping in a vineyard!!!  

Joined @BirdieJane (our organizer), @mtnlvr, @FuzzyYanni, Linda and Katrina, and Heather and Greg at Wilridge vineyard and winery.  We were camped right between the rows of grapes...

Even got to help with the harvest. 

Might have tasted a few bottles of their wine while we were there ;)
    The beauty of the T@b is there are times you set a lot out, and times you keep it simple, pull in, and enjoy!

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, Premium Campsite 932
    Had a blast for Halloween. 15 nights, and 40 pounds of Halloween candy given out

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • MiquelCamoMiquelCamo Member Posts: 91
    Besides a picture of the TaB set up (which is sometimes not all that colorful), pictures of folks TaB travels along the way are welcome, too.  
    I agree wholeheartedly, seeing the T@B's is cool but the other pictures provide context of the area being visited. I've seen lots of areas I want to see personally someday.  
    Mike and Lisa Campbell
    Springfield, MO
    2016 T@B Max S - Sold March 2020

• missashweltonmissashwelton Member Posts: 3
    Last camping trip of the year. French Creek state park PA. Another 320 CS S from Philadelphia and a T@G from Norristown.
    We saw your camper!  We were staying at the Lancaster/New Holland KOA and wanted to check out the campsites at French Creek and saw yours and a a few others parked there.
This discussion has been closed.