Options

Show us your Post-Quarantine Campsite!!

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Is there any question? These 2 are waaaay cuter than any trailer, even a T@B!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,502
    Plumas National Forest

San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    ScottG said:
    And Schoodic Woods is closed until at least Aug. 1, with no new reservations currently being taken. 

I have late August reservations, hope they still stand. Going back to Winhall Brook next week. Thompson Lake is open but fully booked. It's all in flux for 2020.
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    @DougH
    Very nicely done. 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited July 2020
    If anyone is keen to get into astrophotography (hours of exposure on an object run through gobs of postprocessing algorithms), but is concerned about making room for a $25k telescope and gear inside a T@B...  you can instead buy a Fornax LightTrack II to get sub-arcsecond accurate tracking of the stars, especially with a single axis additional integrated auto guider like the Lacerta MGEN II (assuming a good polar alignment).  Then any lightweight triplet refractor with quality glass can sit on top that Fornax with or without a piggyback camera. Camera should also be lightweight, like a Fujifilm mirrorless or a dedicated astronomy CCD. Only requires a very sturdy photographer's tripod. The tripod, not the photographer, that is. Easily all fits in half an under-bench storage area.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Yes stacking Astro photos can be fun.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    @RFraer ; Incredible shots.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Had hoped to post pics from Twin Lakes in CA. Sierra Nevada's, but...park emailed 2 hrs ago to say they have electrical issues so no A/C until Wed. It was 103 when we pulled into a CG for one night on the way to Twin Lakes.

Guess who's getting up early and hittin' the road back while GF searches for new place to call home for the week. May BD but not in this heat...

Trials and tribulations all part of the fun! 

@RFraer...nicely done! 
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @AirBoss - that’s a bummer.  But really no choice but to turn around.  It’s one thing if you are at the beach and it cools down at night, but 103 is pretty extreme.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    DougH said:
    @ADRawli ; No really, it's super spiffy stuff and a fun hobby.  :)  Honestly!  Those pics above were just single images.  Tracked with a mount that slowly rotates with the sky, but just single 10-20 second images.

But when you take a few hundred or a few thousand images of the same thing over and over again, like a comet for example, over the course of a night or several nights, unbelievably kewl math starts to spring up.  Like on 600 of those 1000 hypothetical pics there will be just a whisper of extra color in the comet head, or the faintest hint of dozens of nearby stars that you cannot see on any one image. But it's in the digital data of the image. With various statistics maths, software can exactly align, rotate, and stretch each image or sections of each image so the stars that do happen to be visible lie exactly on top of each other. Then all those whispers of extra light and color are no longer whispers, but add up to become meaningful, while the boring background can be figured out and subtracted out.  Suddenly BAM, hundreds times more stars are in the stacked added up image, any nebulosity around a star jumps out, faint details of structure in distant galaxies become sharp.

Case in point:  From the middle of D/FW near the light polluted airport where you're lucky to see a dozen stars I took just 25 images of the Andromeda galaxy from the backyard. Not 500 or 5000, but just 25.  Using only the Siril and Gimp apps (both free), 25 of those 30 second shots or 12.5 net minutes of exposure that each looked as yucky as this...

...gets transformed into...

...where some of the details of our nearest neighboring galaxy are just beginning to become visible.  Now jump from 12.5 net minutes to 12.5 hours of exposure and you can get shots that approach Hubble. There used to be a guy with a condo in uptown Dallas who sold prints and calendars of shots from central Dallas that looked like they were taken from an observatory at 12000 feet in Colorado.  Or a perfect hobby when you're in a T@B and don't have the connectivity for Netflix... but there's clear skies. Just give up on sleep, and accept that the mosquitos will drink half your blood each night.

But so worth it.
    I must admit that this is incredible stuff. I’ve always loved space, and love looking at the night sky, or at least I did before my eyes decided to get old.  Nothing beats a night sky from 10000 ft 100 miles from city lights.  Grew up in Utah and so got that opportunity regularly each summer growing up. Gave up on most of that since moving to Texas 17 years ago, but to think you can get a little help from technology and do that from right here in the DFW area with image stacking is amazing.  Truly amazing.  

Oh, and I was only kidding about being lost.... well, about half kidding, about 3/4 understanding, and fully impressed.  
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited July 2020
    Nice...  A grand spot for your first outing.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Congrats! Beautiful. 
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com

• Options
    ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    @NateColo.  Could not think of getting much better than camping in a T@B in the mountains of Colorado, and how I would love to be out there with my fly rod on that stream you show from Washington Gulch.  Wish I were about 600 miles closer.  The older I get the more I realize how lucky I was growing up in the Rockies.

Thanks to all who continue to post photos.  I love this great land of ours, and all it offers, and seeing y’all’s adventures reminds me of that great blessing we share.
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.
  • Options
    NateColoNateColo Member Posts: 17
    ADRawli said:
    @NateColo.  Could not think of getting much better than camping in a T@B in the mountains of Colorado, and how I would love to be out there with my fly rod on that stream you show from Washington Gulch.  Wish I were about 600 miles closer.  The older I get the more I realize how lucky I was growing up in the Rockies.

Thanks to all who continue to post photos.  I love this great land of ours, and all it offers, and seeing y’all’s adventures reminds me of that great blessing we share.
    Thanks, AD. Our second year with the T@B, thoroughly enjoying it.

We've got most of our trips lined up for the remainder of the summer and autumn, mostly hitting the Elk Mountains and the San Juans. We actually scored a spot inside the park at Maroon Bells around peak fall color woot!

Many thanks to those who post here. The comments, mods, inputs of others have been very useful and educational.
  • Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    This was in Chapman State Park, Warren county PA. Couple weeks ago. Some lady walking by said we the prettiest campsite setup in the whole park, and 2 guys asked what year is the suburban. Dennis
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited July 2020
    Hey @awahl, nice setup & great photos!
    Your SeaEagle inflatable kayak caught my eye, because we just ordered a model 385fta, and wondering how your experience has been with it.  I see you also got the tall seat backs.  Also, does "maiden voyage" refer to your T@B or the kayak?
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    My favorite part of that state...my home state.

So many days and nights at Curlew, Bonaparte, Okanogan territory growing up. 

Home sick! 
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @AirBoss - We explored historic Oroville and even had a burger at the Chesaw General store!  Beautiful part of our state.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    ScottG said:
    And Schoodic Woods is closed until at least Aug. 1, with no new reservations currently being taken. 
    I have late August reservations, hope they still stand. Going back to Winhall Brook next week. Thompson Lake is open but fully booked. It's all in flux for 2020.
    FYI it was just announced that Schoodic Woods (and all other Acadia NP campgrounds) will remain closed for the 2020 season.
    2015 T@B S