Options

Extending Stabilizer Reach

2»

Comments

• Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    Here is a round version of what @MuttonChops produced. Three pieces of 3/4" plywood. Arrows point to attachment screws.

Next pic shows through bolt holding plywood together.

I'm sure I got the idea from this discussion...

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    It is the 6 inch version of my link above.  Available on Amazon!  Good find @ColleenD2!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    Anybody know if the new legs extend more than the old? We've only been to generally level sites so far and I haven't had an issue with the extension. Reading this thread I figured I'd just find a flat rock or fallen branch to elevate if needed but some of the glamor campgrounds probably wouldn't have those primative materials...
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    I believe the Boondock scissor jack stabilizers are now long enough to reach the ground.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    nbrandtnbrandt Member Posts: 63
    While there are good things with these attached pads to help the reach of the stabilizers, it should also be noted that you increase the risk of bending the whole mechanism if you happen to go through the approach apron of some business that is too steep. 
    I say this because it happened to me recently.  I pulled into a coffee shop and was able to enter just fine, but the approach leaving the establishment was much steeper and the result was both of the front stabilizer ended up bent beyond repair and that was without these extension pads.  A couple of blocks carried along and placed beneath as you set up may seem inconvenient but has its advantages. 
    nbrandt
    2018 T@B 400 / (soon 2021 T@B 320
    2015 Tundra 4.6

• Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    edited July 2020
    That is an awful experience that you had with your 400 @nbrandt

When fully retracted, the 2 1/4" worth of blocks added to my stabilizers are not the low point of the approach on my 320 Boondock. You can see in the photo below that they are above the plumbing to drain the tanks. 

At the rear we have 14" of clearance for departure. 

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,449
    Yep. Sounds like if @nbrandt had a 320 the dump valves might also have been irreparably damaged.
    2015 T@B S