Options

Water Seeping at seam between tab floor and shower stall - while on city water.

320S outback.
Just noticed this on a recent trip while hooked up to campground water. I'm was not using the shower and the shower floor is dry. Anyone had a similar issue? Maybe a leak inside the water hook up point? I am using a pressure regulator.
Tab 320s Boondock
TV: Toyota 4Runner

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Are you sure it is water?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @Sneakle, what year is your T@B 320 S?  (You might want to add that info to your signature line.)
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    @Sneakle last week i had water seeping from under the kitchen cabinet, it turned out to be loose hose connection going into the faucet, that became a problem after nearly two years of use. I suspect you have the same problem
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,442
    The threaded connection between the city water port and the inside plumbing has a history of loosening up and leaking.  See if you can reach it through the access panel and snug it up a bit.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    SneakleSneakle Member Posts: 131
    Bayliss said:
    @Sneakle, what year is your T@B 320 S?  (You might want to add that info to your signature line.)
    It's a 2018.
    Tab 320s Boondock
  • Options
    ScottG said:
    The threaded connection between the city water port and the inside plumbing has a history of loosening up and leaking.  See if you can reach it through the access panel and snug it up a bit.
    Good idea. I'll check that first. I guess you mean access panel behind toilet?
    Tab 320s Boondock
  • Options
    Are you sure it is water?  

seems to be water.
    Tab 320s Boondock
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Another place to check is the water lines going to the shower.  You may need to remove the corner access panel on the wall where the tv is.  Check under the driver side bench seat too.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,442
    Sneakle said:
    ScottG said:
    Yep. You might have to be a bit of a contortionist to get your hand where it needs to be, but it's doable.
    While you are in there, there are also threaded connections between the water pump and the distribution system. You might want to check those as well.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited July 2020
    @Sneakle, you might find my photos on this page helpful for seeing what the inside of the city water port looks like where you can tighten it by hand if lose..
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8617/fresh-water-leak-fixed-again/p2
    I also later added an access port below that door in the wall, so I could get my arm in there easier..
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8617/fresh-water-leak-fixed-again/p3
    Looking forward to hearing that you found the source.

PS:
    One other spot to check inside the toilet wall is where the toilet supply line branches off the main cold water supply water line inside the wall from where you see it to right of the toilet.  I think @ScottG had a leak there once.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    are you using a water pressure regulator between the shore/city water connection and the trailer? If not, pressure greater than 50psi could cause connections to leak, whilst they do not under the water pump.  This would be the first thing to check.  You can also get a water pressure gauge that connects to a hose bin to check the water pressure on both sides of a regulator to make sure it is working.  I keep one in my trailer tool kit.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    ScottG said:
    Sneakle said:
    ScottG said:
    Yep. You might have to be a bit of a contortionist to get your hand where it needs to be, but it's doable.
    While you are in there, there are also threaded connections between the water pump and the distribution system. You might want to check those as well.

It takes a long skinny arm to reach down that far while practically standing on your head.  I'm lucky to have a long skinny arm. It was a bit loose and I hand-tightened it. 
    Tab 320s Boondock
  • Options
    yes, always using a pressure regulator. 

I snugged up the fitting where the outside water comes in by reaching down inside the hatch behind the toilet. We'll see. If there was ever any standing water it has dried up so hard to determine where it came from. Testing now. Didn't see any issues under sink area. 
    Tab 320s Boondock