Show us your Post-Quarantine Campsite!!

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    ADRawli said:
    jkjenn said:
    Back in Walnut Creek

I’m sure we’re all prejudice to our own little T@Bs, but yours has to be just about the cutest one out there.  Love that plaid!
    Thanks!!! I am quite smitten!!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @jkjenn - you and Rocky are becoming Buckeyes!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    @jkjenn - you and Rocky are becoming Buckeyes!
    Yes....i think I now understand what it feels like for a pilot to be grounded. The cycle is planned to be broken next month when we attempt to take out fall trip.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Good luck with that trip!  We cancelled our 2 month adventure - but, we have an already planned trip in the bag for next yeat😁
    Good luck with that trip!  We cancelled our 2 month adventure - but, we have an already planned trip in the bag for next yeat😁
    We were originally slated for Banff and East Glacier. Those locations aren't happening.

Really nice weather in central Ohio this week.

• SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 119
    Our maiden voyage in our 2018 T@b 400 a couple weeks ago!  We traveled from Texas, up I-35 through the plains, then through the Badlands of South Dakota, and then into Montana, where we stayed for a week and visited Glacier National Park and Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest, then to Idaho and Wyoming to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, then back to Texas through Colorado. It was an amazing trip and we are so excited to be in the NuCamp family.  Here’s to many trips to come!
    Well, hello there, fellow Texans! 😁 Nothing like jumping into the deep end right out of the gate! Welcome to the family. I would love to hear your thoughts on how the Ascent handled the 400. It tows my 320 S easily, although I’ve only gone back and forth from TX to AZ, so elevation changes have been gradual. Were you concerned about hitch weight or sway? TIA for any insights!
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent
  • dfteasondfteason Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    This is my first time posting since we got our 2017 T@b 320 CS last fall.  We’ve managed to make four wonderful short trips since state parks began to reopen in the Northeast - I hope it's okay to show them all at once!  

June 14-16 at Promised Land State Park in Pennsylvania

July 8-10 American Legion State Forest, Austin Hawes Campground in Barkhamsted Connecticut -
    only about an hour from our house!

July 19-25 A visit with family in northern Maine.  It was so great to have our own space.

August 2-4, Ricketts Glen State Park in Pennsylvania

One of 20 waterfalls we saw on the waterfall hike in Ricketts Glen

August 4-7, Watkins Glen State Park in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York -
    absolutely beautiful landscapes

And another 20 waterfalls in the Watkins Glen Gorge!

• ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    Gbertrand said:
    Our river levels have been seasonally high this year, last couple weeks they are finally getting close to normal and dry fly fishing is finally in full swing.........traveled ~40 km up the St Mary River (S.E. British Columbia) on the FSR and found this great camp site less than 20m from the river. Weather was incredible, fishing was great, only seen 2 other people in 4 days, and wild raspberry's were everywhere😀😀

Your post makes me want to cry.... mountains!, and fly fishing!  Somebody tell me again... why did I move to Texas 17 years ago?   Love the photos, of the camp, the scenery, and the gorgeous fish!  My heart is there, my head is there... now if I could just figure out how to get my life and my T@B there.  So awesome!
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.
    @Gbertrand - that clear river looks lovely!  
  • FergieFergie Member Posts: 143
    I misspelled Pat Garley's name. Apologies to Pat. His website is worth a look: Pat Garley (http://patrickgarley.com) He has quite a few significant works around Alaska.

• morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    edited August 2020
    9,500 Ft in the Pinaleño Mountains of Southeast Arizona.  Forest fire damage is from 3 years ago.  

Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite
    Missing those Rocky mountains, big time.  Love the photos, and love the “inside when it’s raining playing cribbage” idea.  We always hope for the mountain storms.  Always loved how they seem to come up most, or at least many afternoons in the summer.  

• BentoBoxLifeBentoBoxLife Member Posts: 5
    SubaruLou said:
    Our maiden voyage in our 2018 T@b 400 a couple weeks ago!  We traveled from Texas, up I-35 through the plains, then through the Badlands of South Dakota, and then into Montana, where we stayed for a week and visited Glacier National Park and Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest, then to Idaho and Wyoming to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, then back to Texas through Colorado. It was an amazing trip and we are so excited to be in the NuCamp family.  Here’s to many trips to come!
    Well, hello there, fellow Texans! 😁 Nothing like jumping into the deep end right out of the gate! Welcome to the family. I would love to hear your thoughts on how the Ascent handled the 400. It tows my 320 S easily, although I’ve only gone back and forth from TX to AZ, so elevation changes have been gradual. Were you concerned about hitch weight or sway? TIA for any insights!
    Howdy!  :) Thank you for the welcome. Our trip was 5k miles through mountains and plains and some dirt roads and back roads and highways and hills, wind and rain storms and sun and heat. So we really got to see how it functioned as a TV in almost every situation. Overall, I was very pleased with how the Ascent handled the 400. There were many times that I forgot the trailer was with us. :) The tongue weight was our biggest concern beforehand since the Ascent’s limit is 500lb. I think we were fine, the back end of the TV didn’t seem like it was weighed down and we were conscious about where we put weight in the car and in the trailer. Stopping and going were easy and it didn’t seem like the car was struggling. We had some wicked winds driving in the northeast corner of Wyoming on the hills and that’s when I was most worried we’d get sway, but the built in sway control in the suv did a great job of controlling the trailer and car and we had no issues.  The suv strained climbing up mountain passes but no more than you’d expect for a pass. The one area that definitely was affected was gas mileage. In the aforementioned corner of Wyoming, we started worrying about running out of gas since the stations up there are few and far between. We had averaged about 11 mpg through the plains but there, we were dropping to 8 or 9 avg mpg and as you know, the gas tank is about 19 gallons in size.  We bought a gas can just in case we got stranded. By the end of that week, we learned how to adapt our driving to maximize mpg (and also to fill the gas tank whenever we went through a town (again, this was back road Montana and Wyoming where there are long stretches of nothing)). By driving at lower than posted speeds (55-65) and accelerating/coasting down hills and trying not to accelerate up hills, we were able to keep the mileage up at 12-13 avg mpg and drove into a big national forest with a few mountains, away from services, without worrying about fuel.  I only have experience towing the 400 with the Ascent so I don’t know if those are things that people with a bigger engine on their TV with a bigger gas tank don’t have to worry about, but I love the Ascent for our everyday life and vacationing, and it did a great job towing the 400, and when we unhitched and drove on some rough roads to hiking or exploring, having the AWD Subaru with all its capabilities (and comfort :) was fun.  Hope that helps!  Let me know if you have any other questions. :)
    Liz & Tony
    2018 T@b 400   2019 Subaru Ascent Limited

• SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 119
    Thank you @BentoBoxLife for your thorough response! I’m content right now with the 320 S, but it is great to know if I needed to go bigger, the 400 is an option without having to give up the comforts and safety features of my Ascent!
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent
  • rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2020
    Finally out of storage and the cobwebs blown off by a few hours on the highway.  Called to duty as extra bedroom at our ADK camp.  A week with my daughters family makes the additional room and escape pod welcome.  Sadly, probably the only trip SUNT@B will go on this year.

@Gbertrand. I can’t even begin to tell you how jealous I am.  Sooooo awesome!
    I want my 400 there too!

• KARKAR Member Posts: 84
    edited September 2020
    We just got back from Blue Mountain Campground near Lake George, Colorado. If you ever go be sure to drive on County Road 77 - it's paved and absolutely gorgeous! There's "gold in them thar mountains"  already! Aspen are at various stages of changing. Gorgeous! Saw a moose on kenosha pass. Mountain lion had been in our campsite but we never saw or heard. Bears nearby but we didn't see them either. Saw pronghorn and a herd of buffalo on the way to Skinner Reservoir. Loved 11 Mile canyon and 11 Mile Reservoir as well as Tarryhall Reservoir. Florissant National Monument with the petrified redwoods that were in COLO ages ago are awesome to see and certainly worth learning about! Wore our masks whenever anyone approached on the trail or in the campground. Stayed healthy:) So lucky to live in COLO:) Now doing day two of cleanup - mostly laundry! But worth it!
    2015 Tab S with Alde 
    @BrianZ - Virginia has so many nice state parks!
  • CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    Kiptopeke is our favorite VA State Park @BrianZ.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • KARKAR Member Posts: 84
    We drive a RAV 4 and pull a bright yellow t@b named tabby:) Happy camping!
    2015 Tab S with Alde 
    edited August 2020
    @KAR Colorado has so many breathtaking places.  Last summer we took two of our 3 boys with us up near Monarch for a week and rented a cabin.  It was gorgeous.  Just too far to haul the T@B, but we were thinking the whole week how nice it will be someday to bring it there.  But only when we have time to stay a while.  It was about a 13 hour drive to get there at “non-towing” speeds, so probably 2 days each way if we wanted to bring the 400.  For a week long vacation, that only leaves about 3 days to enjoy being there, and that is just not enough.  Someday we’ll go and take a month.  Then move to another part of the state, and take another month.  Got to get rid of this pesky job first though.  Haha.  Retirement is a decade or so off still, but I count my blessings each day that I still get to work and prepare for it.  I want it to come on my own terms.  So many of my colleagues have found themselves taking it early, with little choice.  

Sorry, got sidetracked sharing my life story.  Back to the pictures.  Thanks so much to all of you for sharing.  I love this thread, and seeing how we all “get out” and enjoy this world.  Keep ‘em coming!