Options

Show us your Post-Quarantine Campsite!!

123457»

Comments

• Options
    ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    edited October 2020
    Great pic!   Almost looks like a staged photo shoot with that ballon.  Very nice.
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.
  • Options
    DigPoloDigPolo Member Posts: 51
    @ADRawli there were 10-15 balloons up at the same time. Most were moving higher but this one was going sideways right in front of us. The people in the bucket were saying “Good Morning!”. It was awesome 
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock - 2011 Toyota Tacoma - Huntington Beach, Ca
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Last week we joined our cousins at Julian Price National Park on the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC for the 3rd annual twin T@B reunion.  It was like a replay of the first time we tested our solar setup there a couple years ago, but with even better fall color..

This was our site 11 on the E-loop, and their twin tab was nearby, just up the hill from ours..

Here our cousins are standing near our solar panel - we were under trees, but with a 30' + 15' extension cable, we were able to catch the southern sky for most of the day to complete a full daily recharge cycle.  We were fortunate to arrive after two days of rain, which we believe allowed us to switch to these nicer sites with sun.

The trees surrounding the nearby Price Lake were showing nice color too.  And of course there were the ever-present beautiful rhododendrons everywhere in the park.

We also took a ride farther south to do the Linville falls hike where we had this nice view from a mountain overlook.  On the other side was Linville falls (the smaller of several cascades)..

Another view of our site & the huge rhododendrons surrounding the campsites..

It's times like these that we fully appreciate being able to swing our T@B around 90° in the parking space.  We kept our ARB fridge in the van running on T@B battery & solar to hold food supplies for 4 more days at other parks after this - more photos to follow.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @BrianZ - you are surrounded by so much beauty in Virginia!  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Beautiful photos, @COcamper, especially the first one with the low angle & crepuscular light.

PS:  Your photos are too big - supposed to be 600x800 max on short x long sides.
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    edited November 2020
    Hocking Hills KOA, nine days ago. Last trip of the year. We did manage eight adventures in 2020.

@JP2558 - please resize your photos before posting - Sharon

@Sharon_is_SAM - Oops - my bad. Let's try this again.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    No site yet, heading to Disneys Fort Wilderness Halloween weekend.  Getting the T@B cleaned up and ready.

Extra Storage
    Bucket light, and my version of a split backrest

More storage

Our kids got us this when we got our PUP.  Moved it into the T@B.  That's our 2 granddaughters.

Aldi table to replace the 200 pound original.  You can see my be extension mod.  There's an extra pad of foam behind the mattress.

Need to find a use for every available space

Motion sensor lights.  I used pairs of command hooks to hang them.  Have places on each side and the front.  Now if we walk up at night the lights will come on.

2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    JPRolandJPRoland Member Posts: 115
    edited November 2020
    Today I drove 15 minutes to the Arkansas river to do my work via the internet from there. Just something different to break the Covid fatigue, but being safe about it.

Photo removed due to size.  @JPRolandhttps://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/47/what-size-should-my-posted-forum-photos-be#latest
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited November 2020
    We went to Clear Lake California, had a lake side spot with lots of room around us.

This was the lake side spot, with a park like setting.

PHOTO SIZE EDITED.

And on our last evening, a nice sunset...
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    edited November 2020
    Beautiful!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @Pintoplumber - We too have a 2016 CS-S... so have the same "condiment fridge" built in.  LOVE your outdoor fridge!!!  What is it?  How heavy is it to lift in and out of the truck?  Do you love it???
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    edited March 2021
    @2Cougs, It is a Kuppet retro mini fridge 3.2 cu ft. My wife got it off of Amazon about 1 1/2 years ago. We couldn’t put the Teaberry ice cream in the little camper fridge, so I guess I talked her into that. It’s largely plastic with the weight of the compressor 52.8 lbs. I can carry it easily enough. It fits on the rear seat of the ‘94 suburban, or in the back of the old truck. We got a new to us 2017 suburban that has a 120V receptacle in the back. I’ll have to read up to see if it can run that. We keep the fridge in the sun room for extra food and sodas. Comes in handy at home and camping. Although we’ve only used it for Truckstock camping, the camper fridge works enough for the 2 of us for weekend or a day longer camping. We have an Outback 21RS we use when the grandkids are along camping. Dennis 
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @Pintoplumber- Perfect!  I agree with a weekend is fine... longer needs more.  Have to decide on something like your set up (which I am leaning towards for our week to 10 days in one spot trips) or a better ice chest that will keep our block ice longer and be able to use boondocking.  Thanks for the info.

To keep with the theme of this thread, and not be accused of hijacking the thread, we have not been out of the garage since October... first trip coming up in 2 weeks and can't wait.  It was used several times while having social distanced outdoor holiday get togethers when the grandkids got cold and wanted to watch a movie... and Santa even left a gift in it!

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    I forgot to mention the Kuppet easily holds 3 of the formally 1/2 gallon containers of ice cream in the freezer section. Dennis 
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • Options
    Docbadger1Docbadger1 Member Posts: 8

Bernice boon docking at Eagles Nest State Park in New Mexico. Also, have been to Heron Lake State Park, NM 4 times, and Abiquiu Riana Campground once. Enjoying the new camper so far. Will be back at Heron Lake State Park for the 4th.

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,274
    awahl said:

Would you tell me about your kayak. What brand is it and how is it working out for you? We just bought an Intex, but yours looks so much nicer. Thanks!

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    @AnOldUR, that kayak looks like a Sea Eagle model 420x inflatable.  We have have their 385FTA fishing model inflatable.
  • Options
    rrcbovrrcbov Member Posts: 109

Standing Indian Campground near Franklin NC
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock, 2021 Toyota Tacoma, Juno Beach Florida
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 450
    Canoe Basecamp Adirondacks
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT