Where to put the Lagun Table at night?

PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't find it.

I just had my first outing in my new-to-me 2018 T@B 320S Boondock.  I couldn't find a way to get the table out of the way at night.  I thought about putting it on the exterior mount, but the previous owners had some damage to the laminate top from rain, so apparently it isn't weatherproof.  I thought I read that the leg comes off, but I couldn't figure it out.

Where do you put the table at night when you make up the bed?  If you take the leg off, can you explain how that is done?  Thanks.
2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
"Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

Comments

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    The leg does come off.  That little 'ratchet" device loosens the top, and it comes off the post.  It can be stored under the passenger side bench.  Fits right in.
    In my trailer, using a "twin bed" mod, I slip that little short post between the cushions on the other side of the aisle, and it works as a bedside table.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 410
    In our CS-S, in place of the front storage lid. The lid is placed on top of the back lid. I used some 1/2 in plywood and small section of doorstop to keep it from dropping inside the cabinet. 
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    @pthomas745, thanks, I will go check it out.  I thought I would sleep wheel-to-wheel and leave the side benches in place, but my 72-pound golden retriever has decided she is sharing the bed (at home she sleeps on the floor), so I am going to have to reconsider and likely use the full bed set-up.   =)

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    If you use the full bed, just remove the table and mounting pole and slide it under the bed.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    @PNWtabber, after separating the leg from the arm (using the instructions from @Bayliss) the leg lays nicely inside the passenger side cabinet's bench, We Stow our tabletop and arm assembly in the same bench. The assembly lays perfectly on top of the fender in our 320.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @DM2007 - how about what you did for storage in the rear of your TaB?  Pics please.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 504
    DM2007 Great idea! I have owned 2 TAB'S. Why Nucamp does not make the table LONG enough to fit as a big bed slat is beyond me. My 2016 TAB WAS! My 2019 is just a tad short of fitting across. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    My ‘18 320 came with bed slats. I’m glad, and can’t fathom not having the bed AND the table being used simultaneously; we leave the table set up outside (under tent) al the time. If we required the table to be used at bed time, where would my bar go?
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • TrailpixieTrailpixie Member Posts: 159
    we lay ours upside down on the floor underneath the slats. It fits perfectly between the benches. The aluminum post and stuff is facing up.
  • JPRolandJPRoland Member Posts: 115
    Our table fits perfectly under the passenger side cushion over the tire well. We use it outside, too, but stowing it there makes it available in the morning for our coffee and breakfast. 
  • FreespiritFreespirit Member Posts: 131
    DM2007, thanks for your great mod for using the table as bed slats. We took your idea and ran with it. 

2020 TAB 320 U
    TV 2022 Highlander
  • Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 255
    Has anyone put a second bracket on the front of the passenger side wheel well enclosure?  I saw a YouTube video where a couple purchased a second bracket and mounted it there (just to the left of the entry door).  They move the entire table there a night or when they are cooking to provide extra counter space.  I really like the idea and will probably do the same thing...more for the counter space feature.
    Hopefully this link works for the modification I described above.
    Upgrades & Modifications on the 2021 T@B - YouTube
    Basil48192 Looks like a great idea. My 2019 has a door there but I still might be able to do this. Thanks Art
  • cmcelhosecmcelhose Member Posts: 13
    We just take ours off the mount and take the top off the pole and lay it on the floor under the bed slats.
    Basil48192 I just did it and I LOVE IT! Art
    Hopefully this link works for the modification I described above.
    Upgrades & Modifications on the 2021 T@B - YouTube
    That mod looks clean, but I cringe at having something blocking the door at night.  Seems like a safety issue if you needed to get out in an emergency, but that's just me.

I have completely failed at trying to separate the table top from the leg.  I must be missing a very simple step since so many people do that.  What I did on my last trip that worked was to remove the entire table assembly from the bracket and set it on top of the stove with one of the back cushions between the table and the stove top.  Doesn't block the door and easy to put back in the morning.  Not as elegant as some of the modifications, but so far it works.  

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    The arm under the table mount has a locking lever you loosen, and then twist the mount back and forth to pull he post out.  First few times, it is stiff, and takes some fiddling, but it will come out.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    @PNWtabber, I had the same concern.  I haven't had an issue with night storage.  I put both the leg and the top under the passenger side bench...it fits fine.  My issue is wanting more prep space when cooking.  I looked at the swivel/television mount bracket, thought about a small folding table, etc.  I like this idea because I'm not adding another 'thing' to carry around.  
    OK, I am about to give up.  I looked at the information @Bayliss provided, but I can't seem to figure it out.  Do I take the top off the arm or the arm off the leg?  I have tried both and can't get the parts apart.  Help?

edited June 2021
    @PNWtabber, I'm not exactly sure what you are are asking.  I rarely use my Lagun table, so I cannot specifically recall if both arms completely detach from each other, as well as from the table, but I believe they do.

Regardless, what may be tripping you up is how the handles work, because they act like a ratchet.  I have included below the handle operation instructions from the link I posted above.  To operate the handle, rotate it in the direction desired (depending on whether you are tightening it, or untightening it.)  You can rotate it about a 1/4 to 1/2 turn with each adjustment.  Do that by depressing the handle button as you pull slightly outward on the handle.  That will allow you to rotate the handle in the opposite direction.  After doing that, release the button, which essentially re-engages the ratchet so you can rotate the handle back in the original direction to further tighten or loosen the handle's grip on the post that the arm is attached to (i.e., the round black end of the arm/leg.)

I wish I had my trailer here to take some pics or a quick video, but it is in storage.  Hopefully, I didn't confuse you more.  Let me know, or somebody else can elaborate on my description.  Good luck!

Handle instructions:

ALL HANDLES
    : • ALL Handles Untighten counterclockwise
      • ALL Handles Tighten clockwise
      • Pushing the button on the handle in allows you to reposition the handle and continue to tighten it. 

UPDATED RESPONSE:  Found these online.  A helpful video, plus an answer I found on the Lagun site:

VIDEO:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0s5iL_QIVE

Instructions:
    1. Loosen the handle on the leg & remove the Lagun Table Leg from the permanently installed bracket.
    2. Flip your table top onto a protected flat surface.
    3. Loosen the handle that links the arm & leg.
    4. Remove the leg from the arm.
    5. Slide the leg onto the table mounting plate to store under your table top.
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)

edited June 2021
    Thanks for the video, @Bayliss.  It shows that you need to "wiggle" the table top to lift it, vertically, off the horizontal arm.  I am going to give it a try, I haven't had much luck up to now.  (I do understand the "ratchet" nature of the handles)  

UPDATE:  Finally got the tabletop off, but it is really, really hard to do.  I wonder if it will loosen through time or if some lubricant would help (I had the handle essentially off, so there is no additional loosening possible).  Thanks again for locating the video.

Good to hear, @PNWtabber.  Before trying a lubricant, you might just try twisting the connection point in the round hole of the arm/leg and see if the friction/rubbing helps loosen it up.  I expect it will loosen up over time with use.

• TheBellHopTheBellHop Member Posts: 18
    DM2007 said:
    we made one that is very versatile and use it for bed slats.
    @DM2007 What are the dimensions of each part of your table?
    2015 Little Guy T@B 320 Max White with Red trim
    Pulled by a 2023 Toyota Tundra
    Leaves on T@bventures from the Snoqualmie Valley, WA

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @DM2007 only visited the forum on the day this post was made, and has not posted since. 

If I were to guess, the dimensions are about 18” wide by 20” to 24” long. The hinges are available at Rockler, possibly Woodcrafters and Lee Valley. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • JPRolandJPRoland Member Posts: 115
    Our Lagun table gets used a lot! We even use it outside and it comes in handy when I'm using my portable grill plugged into the LP port in the back under our T@B. But, we like it inside for breakfast with coffee. I stow it under the first bench on the left as you walk in. I like that storage spot because there's a small cut-out to the rear which allows us to stow longer things like a broom or the stabilizer tool. 
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    As an FYI, it will fit nicely in the passenger bench on a 2021 320 if you remove the leg, which I also store in the bench. The arm will actually store in the slot on the mountain bracket on the tabletop.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014