Cassette Toilet in a T@B S

13»

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    With over 80 nights in the 2021 T@b, I am sold. Tge cassette and the room for the larger water and grey tanks were the right choice!

On my most recent outing, I emptied in both a pit toilet and a traditional RV dump station with the small sewer hose size opening. No mess at either spot. 

I don't see campgrounds changing their dump stations. Maybe new campgrounds would consider a different style, but I have a feeling most would just copy existing designs.

By the way, we could use more campgrounds with the crowds we are seeing!!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    It’s amazing how many people are out in the parks. We were up to Death  Valley and the place was hoping.  People have been cooped up since the pandemic and are making up for it now.  It’s definitely not the old days where you just show up at a campsite and pick out a spot.  If you aren’t looking at reservations and calling ahead today you just might just be out of luck!   
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    I agree with you Jenn, I do not see existing camping facilities changing out their dump stations either.  However, it is not hard to add a cassette toilet dump point to existing facilities.   Most older ones I have seen were like large utility sinks placed at an angle, with aappropriate size hole located in the lower corner to line up with the cassette dump tube.  Since most cassette toilets are built to a similar design and size, this works,  Any spill is contained in the box like sink part and can be washed down with a bit of hose connected to a nearby tap.   This would only require a minor plumbing change to add the extra drain.  A lid on the dump point keeps it tidy.

We will still need to keep existing dump facilities for the many RVs that still use black tanks, 
    But adding a cassette dump point to existing facilities makes perfect sense.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    db_cooper said:
    I liked the idea of the cassette until I realized you still got to dump the gray, so I'd rather dump both at the same time than deal with separately. If ordering from Nucamp it would be nice to have the option for either, everything about campers is compromise.
    X2
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    Just curious--how much larger are the gray and FW tanks in the new T@B 320s with cassette toilets? Personally, that is the only advantage I can see to the cassette over a regular black tank that I can dump with simple hose along with my gray water.

(I do see the benefit of a second cassette to increase capacity, but a small portable waste tank essentially serves the same purpose in a traditional system.)

Just my $0.20. I get it--everybody likes their own stuff!  ;-)
    2015 T@B S
    18 gallons fresh and 18 gallons grey. 

The primary advantage of a second cassette vs a second waste tank is that you have to fill the tank then dump it. With the cassette, you just swap put the cassette. I went a week with plenty of water and grey tank to spare, recently. It was awesome. I don't miss my 5 gallon freshwater tank days, lol.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    Right! I forgot you had the 5 gal FW tank in your early 2015. I have the 11 gal they went to mid model year. 18 gal would be nice. Doesn't sound like much change with the gray tank though--in fact, a gallon smaller than what I have.
    2015 T@B S
    Yes, but a grey water tank is easier to dump than a black tank in many areas...  B)
    cheers
    Denny16 said:
    Yes, but a grey water tank is easier to dump than a black tank in many areas...  B)
    cheers
    I see a lot of state parks in Ohio have grey water receptacles throughout campgrounds.

• DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    Denny16 said:
    cheers
    ? Please explain 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    edited April 2021
    The gray tank is larger and holds more, requires less frequent dumping for starters.
    You can hook up a filter system and recycle the gray water back for washing up, for another  option.   
    Cheers
    Denny16 said:
    cheers
    ? Please explain 
    I am finding a lot of parks have grey water receptacles spread through the campground. You could easily dump some grey every few days.

That was my main thought, thanks for confirming this Jenn.
    cheers