This mod requires a 18 wheeler to do the work

52 nights
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Kentsb, was that yours????😢
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    I believe it was @Verna.  Thumbnail pic is a red CSS.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    Oh my! I sincerely hope that you are not hurt. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    @Kentsb That’s horrifying, I’m so sorry. Is everyone OK?
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • KentsbKentsb Member Posts: 67
    Everyone is OK. Trailer saved us by taking the hit. Only my wife had a cut on her arm. 

52 nights
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    Kentsb said:
    Everyone is OK. Trailer saved us by taking the hit. Only my wife had a cut on her arm. 
    That’s a big relief, glad to hear it. 
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Mellow_YellowMellow_Yellow Member Posts: 332
    Whoa! I'm so glad you're both ok. And, oh man, so sorry for the loss of your T@B! I'm impressed that the cabin is basically intact after clearly being shoved right off the trailer.
    2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Yes, glad there were no injures (other than minor cuts).  How did this accident happen?  This is why we need insurance, to help,cover any loss in situations like this.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @Kentsb, wow! That is the thousand word picture. Condolences, congratulations all wrapped in one.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • monamona Member Posts: 240
    Another WOW! Glad to here you and wife are ok. 
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,272
    Denny16 said:
    How did this accident happen?

So sad to see this. It’s something that’s in the back of all of our minds every time we pull out of the driveway. Also glad there were no serious injuries. Please let us know the details in hopes we can try to avoid a similar incident.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Kentsb, I am so glad there was only a minor injury. WOW!  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    Denny16 said:
    Yes, glad there were no injures (other than minor cuts).  How did this accident happen?  This is why we need insurance, to help,cover any loss in situations like this.
    cheers

We were entering a construction zone (line painting). The right lane was closed and we had just merged into the left lane. We were moving slowly when the semi struck us and two other cars after us. Every car and even the tractor of the semi is totaled. Still not sure how the semi ended up in front of us. 

52 nights
    Horrifying. I got rear-ended a long time ago and now I turn on my 4way flashers whenever I’m at the back of a sudden slowdown on the freeway. I don’t know if it does any good but it makes me feel like I’m doing something to get the attention of people coming up from behind. I still brace myself when I see someone coming up fast. Take care. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @Kentsb - so sorry…and a brand new TaB, too.  I hope you are home recuperating.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    Not home yet. Accident happened in AZ. Car towed to a small town in AZ. with no car or truck rental availability. We went on to Gallup NM but there are no cars or trucks available to rent until Monday. Unless someone cancels or turns in a vehicle early. Have to get to Santa Fe 195 miles away. Our belongings are 100 miles in the opposite direction. 

52 nights
  • Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Wow, words can't express how sorry I am for you but grateful that it is only stuff. Fortunately, it sounds like the only thing that was a loss was vehicles, camper and a semi. All which can be replaced, of course at an expense and a wait.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
    edited June 2021
    Kent, sounds like the semi was totally at fault, be sure to include your trailer contents, full cost of replacing the trailer (it will need to be a 2022, as all 2021 builds have been allocated), and any cost associated with the accident and added expenses incurred as a result of the accident, added to the claim.
    Hope you and your wife are doing OK in the wake of this awful event.
    cheers
    Marceline said:
    Horrifying. I got rear-ended a long time ago and now I turn on my 4way flashers whenever I’m at the back of a sudden slowdown on the freeway. I don’t know if it does any good but it makes me feel like I’m doing something to get the attention of people coming up from behind. I still brace myself when I see someone coming up fast. Take care. 
    I do the same Marceline, I got rear ended (first time) on 101 heading into Santa Rosa, and traffic slowed down, and another driver (also from FtBragg) rear ended me.  After that, flashers at any slow down, as she didn’t realize I was slowing down, and hit me.  Anything you can do to alert the driver behind you that traffic is slowing down is a good practice.
    cheers

Tabaz said:
    Kentsb - I'm in Phoenix.  I'd be happy to get your belongings and store them at my place if that would help.
    Tabaz, Thanks for the offer. We need things in the car for the trip home. 

52 nights
    edited June 2021
    Kentsb said:
    Not home yet. Accident happened in AZ. Car towed to a small town in AZ. with no car or truck rental availability. We went on to Gallup NM but there are no cars or trucks available to rent until Monday. Unless someone cancels or turns in a vehicle early. Have to get to Santa Fe 195 miles away. Our belongings are 100 miles in the opposite direction. 
    I've heard that it's impossible to get rental cars. I've even heard of people renting uHauls.*  I wonder if it would be worthwhile to start a separate thread asking for transportation help or change the title of this thread if possible (e.g. "T@B & TV totaled: Need ride from Gallup to Santa Fe").  There are a lot of good T@B people all over the country. If you state exactly what you need (from x to y on such date) maybe someone will come through for you. Might be worth it to try in the Facebook T@B group, too. If you're not on FB I would be willing to post for you. 

*FWIW I just checked and you can pick up a uHaul in Gallup on Friday and take it to Santa Fe for $360: TM Storage 1320 S 2nd St Gallup, NM 87301)

Good luck!
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    I have dear friends in Silver City, NM who would gladly put you up and assist in any way they can.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Glad to hear you made it back ok.  What a shocking experience you've had and will still have to recover from. Wow!

My wife & I have each been rear-ended before while driving separately, and a third time together in a brand new 5-day old Honda CRV (which helped save us from front collision when automatic braking assist kicked in but may have contributed to the car behind us not being able to stop in time - very minor though).  Two were minor but none even close to your horrendous experience. 

You can count your blessings though, as it could have been a lot worse.  Thanks for sharing your story & photos, and hope you are able to get back to camping in a new T@B before long.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
    Denny16 said:
    Kent, sounds like the semi was totally at fault, be sure to include your trailer contents, full cost of replacing the trailer (it will need to be a 2022, as all 2021 builds have been allocated), and any cost associated with the accident and added expenses incurred as a result of the accident, added to the claim.
    Hope you and your wife are doing OK in the wake of this awful event.
    cheers

Also, if you have any bumps or bruises or pain in your neck or back go see a doctor. I poo-pooed the notion of whiplash but my neck hurt for years and I probably would’ve benefited from some kind of physical therapy. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
  • LawyerboyLawyerboy Member Posts: 98
    Glad you are alright all things considered.  I would evaluate your rights and need for timely medical care through legal consultation.  You might feel ok now but not as well in time.  Here in Florida you must treat within 14 days of an accident.  And I am not a personal injury attorney but you clearly have damages and are not seemingly the at fault party.  Be well.
  • SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 119
    We need a 😱 Horrifying button in the response section. @Kentsb, I am so glad no one was seriously injured. So sorry you are going through this.
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent
  • SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 410
    Another 😱  I'm glad all are OK.  Definitely get checked out for medical.  I was in an accident a few years ago and didn't but now I wish I had.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH