Options

TAB 400 door lock problem

13»

Comments

• Options
    kbdigitiqekbdigitiqe Member Posts: 163
    @p21usa is it obvious what do with this kit? I just ordered mine and I’m having a hard time following where the bolts and washers actually go ?? Here’s hoping 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    p21usap21usa Member Posts: 13
    It’s been a while but I recollect that the biggest issue was holding the washers in place while stacking them with the plates. We used a little spray adhesive. Wish I had more info but my husband did the actual work. I was just an extra set of hands.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    One could use carpet tape to hold the bits in alignment whilst installing them in place.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    kbdigitiqekbdigitiqe Member Posts: 163
    edited May 2021
    UPDATE: just did this fix in 10mins time. Went the hardware store, bought x4 5mm x 12mm bolts and x4 washers that fit them. The washers almost perfectly span the gaps between the bolts so it’s plenty stable. 

Highly recommend marking the screw locations first and then as others have said using some spray (or any kind of) adhesive- I just stuck the washers in place over the holes, put the assembly back over the and screwed the new bolts in. 

The lock functions perfectly now, just as one would expect. 

Ps - this is a brand new 2021 400 BD just took delivery a few months ago, it’s kind of shocking that NuCamp didn’t install a shim plate at the factory.. oh well

Pic: you can see the washer behind the top screw

• Options
    ncarbsncarbs Member Posts: 10
    This is all so disturbing. My 2021 Solo has the same problem. Hasn't this issue gone on long enough, nuCamp? If I had a new car and something like this happened, knowing how much money we all have spent on these trailers, do you think the manufacturer would have let this go this long? This is a safety issue. Maybe there should be a class action law suit by the owners. I'm at the point where I tell people looking at teardrops to NOT BUY A nuCAMP. The one year warranty should apply to any new or used trailer as long as it's still under one year. These issues are a result of poor design, bad service, bad warranty and cheap parts right out of the gate.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ncarbs, nüCamp RV does not read this forum. Please send all complaints to help@nucamprv.com. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RMoRMo Member Posts: 144
    Not that that excuses NuCamp for not fixing it, but I took a heavy duty screwdriver to bend the latch receiver out a few millimeters and I’ve had a secure lock for the last year.
    2019 T@B 400
    2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
  • Options
    dlbdlb Member Posts: 141
    The screwdriver approach worked for me.  Way easier than fussing with washers, adhesive and language I do not approve of….
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock
    2020 Audi SQ5