Options

Waving Goodbye

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Well, I too have made the switch and will be riding off into the sunset. This forum and NuCamp are top shelf, that is all I can say about that.

If I can help anyone or answer any questions, please send me a PM as I will not be on the forum regularly anymore.

Best to all, safe travels!

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Good luck Brad, your comments and insights will be missed.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    We've been checking out our next camper, and Ember has made it to the top of the list. Our main considerations are having a walk around or Murphy bed, a dry bath, good solar and battery power, and bigger water/waste tanks. We'd prefer no slide, but might consider it. We'd like to stay at no more than 24'. Has anyone else looked into, owned, or seen an Ember? 
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    Congrats!
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    TNOutback said:
    NuCamp’s craftsmanship and the Alde system has really made shopping for
    a new camper difficult.  . . .

The next camper will be an Airstream Flying Cloud 25 Rear Bed Twin, coming off the
    production line in February.
    Good choice, nice trailer.
    To get the ALDE in an Airstream one must go for the 30-foot $188K(base) model, :s

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    You'll be missed @TNOutback, happy trails!
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    edited November 2022
    I know this has been discussed in other threads, but it appears there is an unserved market in terms of folks wanting basically a larger T@b.  Hello, NuCamp?
    I agree, with a slight modification: The new camper should slightly larger than the 400 but as importantly, be as aero as possible with plenty of solar and batteries. We are moving rapidly to EV's, which really demand an aerodynamic camper to get to and back from many more remote parts of North America. Right now, the only true moderately priced aerodynamic camper is the Safari Condo Alto A2124. Demand is so high that a deposit now gets you delivery in late 2025.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    edited April 2023
    Looking back through these experiences and our own, we are also close to moving on.  I am convinced the Tab 320s Boondock is the best of NuCamp in any size, and of any manufacturer in tiny trailers.  But the bath is ridiculously small for me (Cheryl says okay in a "pinch"), other wise we would stay the course.  Headroom could surely be better throughout, including when sleeping.  Love the 320 floorpan, I wish they would have offered that arrangement in a Tab 400 size, but slim chance.

Airstream has a good Basecamp design, but they market their trailers as jewelry rather than the flawed campers they really are (keep your all metal riveted trailer away from the salty air of the coasts, and northern winter roadways).

It's kind of a search for quality with some personal compromises to get there.  So we have made an offer on a new Intech Sol Horizon.  Good design and build, similar to Tab 400 layout.  But more spacious bed area and a big dinette to dine and lounge with decent cushions.  Large compressor fridge offered this year.  I like the function of the NuCamp Alde system, but not the lingering corrosion issues or recurring cost of fluid changes, so the old style camper heater will work out fine.  The new bed will be the dreaded east/west design, but a full queen, good mattress, with lots of overhead space. And a large bath!

We'll see if they accept our offer, otherwise we can do with our 320 just fine.
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    On the top of my wish list for our 320S would be maybe six inches wider for a little more east-west sleeping comfort, but really, I can live with it the way it is. In my opinion the 400 is just too big to be sporting a teardrop shape. I'm about about as happy as I think I'll get with our 2D Wrangler / 320S combination, but I will soon have to concede to my wife and move on. The Jeep ride is too rough and bouncy for her and she freaks out in traffic. She says the size of the 320 is OK, but for how long is only a guess. She's indulged my quirky desire for minimalism for over 50 years now. I'm thinking that it's time to let it go for the sake of our marriage.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    You could always upgrade to a Jeep Gladiator, it rides very smooth, and get a TaB400 to have some extra room…  B)
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    We went from a 24ft Jayco to a 320s bd. Mostly because I afraid to take it any where more than 100 mi from home. Also my wife hated my truck. We now have a 2019 Highlander and the 320s. Around 300 mi range, 15-18 mpg, and I never worry about getting in and of gas stations parking or what not. The bath is small, but I really never used it my Jayco or Winnie anyway. We most always stay where there are showers available and only use the toilet in the trailer at night. So far it very comfortable sleeping, not in it that much during the day. Really what I want is to pull my 320s in transit, and have a 22ft Airstream Caravelle at the campground!