Options

Alde touch screen won't come on

Hello, Has anyone had a problem with the touch screen not coming on? It worked last month when I camped. Checked fuse and breaker box and all looks fine. Help :)

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Could it have become unplugged?
  • Options
    JensenJensen Member Posts: 3
    I took it off the wall and it's wired in good. There is a big black plug under the seats by the Alde system that is plugged in and I checked the outlet to make sure it was working. Is there another plug I should be looking for? I did have a repair shop work on my 3 way fridge last week and thought they might have disconnected something. Thank you for the response :)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The other end of the cable plugs in under the black service cover. Gently make sure it is plugged in, also. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited April 2016
    In support of Verna's suggestion, there is a LOT of black wire harness stuffed behind the wall. The standard harness and unit were meant for a much larger camper, hence the extra wire length. Gently pull up on the black wiring in the wall to find a mostly SQUARE connect plug (only connects one way to its mate). Make sure that connection is secure. Gently stuff the wires back down the wall. Pulling off the driver's side bench top and cover will allow you to see what harness set you are dealing with as you pull a little. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    JensenJensen Member Posts: 3
    I checked the fuses in the green holders and they looked fine but changed them out anyway and it's working!!!! Yay! Thank you soooo much for all the help!!! Leaving to go dry camping at the pinnacles in California today and am grateful it's working.
    Thank you! Thank you!
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Cool, glad you got it working.
  • Options
    suewernersbachsuewernersbach Member Posts: 10
    I got the panel to display, but no green light on the power button
  • Options
    AlanAlan Member Posts: 120
    I wish I had read OutbackAZ's recommendation before dropping the whole unit (green holder and fuse) into the bowels of the Alde. 
  • Options
    ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 273
    OutbackAZ said:

Just an FYI - put a piece of plastic or paper plate under the two Alde fuses before removing them for any reason.  They will fall out of the green holders and be lost forever in the back of Alde unit itself!

Yup! Good thing I had a magnet on a stick thingy.
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • Options
    WaterHikerWaterHiker Member Posts: 5
    Once again...this forum has been a time saver...I had the exact same issue with the panel...changed out the fuses even though they looked intact...and the panel was operational...I guess even stored under shore power there can still be transient power spikes...who knew... ; )
  • Options
    LilredroverLilredrover Member Posts: 7
    Love this forum!   All the answers are always here! 
  • Options
    Brett_HoneycuttBrett_Honeycutt Member Posts: 12
    okay, we have a unique twist to this issue with our new Tab 400.  our Adle display does't work when the camper is plugged into a 30amp outlet, but works when plugged into the truck connection.  any thoughts?
    T@b 400, Nissan Frontier
  • Options
    Send an rmail to tech@nucamprv.com.  They will have an answer. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    okay, we have a unique twist to this issue with our new Tab 400.  our Adle display does't work when the camper is plugged into a 30amp outlet, but works when plugged into the truck connection.  any thoughts?
    That's odd, @Brett_Honeycutt. I believe all the Alde electronics operate on 12V (from the converter, battery, or vehicle). Beyond the converter, the circuit should be the same--if it works at all that should rule out a blown 12V fuse in the converter.

Does everything else work (120V and 12V devices) when you are plugged into shore power?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Brett_HoneycuttBrett_Honeycutt Member Posts: 12
    yes, the lights and water pump worked on shore power (or battery, i'm not sure).  We took it to the dealer and picked it up yesterday. They said a fuse was blown.  We are hoping everything is good for out weekend trip this week.
    T@b 400, Nissan Frontier
  • Options
    dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    This post saved me!!  The fuses in the Alde box under the seat in the green a fuse holders were one bad fuse.  All is working again!  Thanks forum!!
    Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    As a tip and reminder, make sure that you take a moment and turn off the Alde system (via the thermostat) prior to unplugging the trailer every time you break camp.  Otherwise when you plug the trailer power cord into an electric pedestal at a campsite the power surge or voltage entering the trailer seems to blow a fuse at the Alde unit as they are very sensitive.  I learned this the hard way and since incorporating this small step into my breakdown routine, have not experienced any blown fuses since.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    Dang...I would have never thought of that.  When a fuse blows I always think there might be a bigger issue here.  This rests my mind.  This is the first fuse in the 3 year I’ve owned the T@B.
     Thanks 
    Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    We turn off everything before unplugging.  We blew our Alde fuses this summer when someone didnit turn iff the AC before unplugging.  As soon as we plugged in, there went the fuse!  Too much draw.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,659
    I made "turn off Alde" part of my departure checklist.  Even when camping in the heat!

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    chugochugo Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2019
    Thank you for tip on the fuses. Pulled into the campground at 11PM only to find the Alde wouldn't turn on. I was not a happy camper. Who knew those two little fuses even existed! Thanks again T@B people! 
    Chris Hugo
    T@B 400,  TV: 2018 Silverado
    Memphis,TN
  • Options
    @chugo
    Make it a habit of turning off everything before unplugging from shorepower.  That way, when you plug back in, your Alde will for sure be off and you will have less risk of blowing those fuses.  Glad you found your answer on the forum.
  • Options
    Maryperry1Maryperry1 Member Posts: 4
    anyone need to go further than these steps?  still cannot get Alde working.  I have been using my 2017 Outback on shore power as my office lately, Alde was working fine yesterday.  cannot get power to control panel at all and no power to boiler (that I can tell as I'm guessing the controller tells the boiler what to do).  breakers, replaced fuses both in the converter and alde, removed from shore and used battery/propane, checked all the outlets and wires/connections in boiler and control panel.  no apparent burnouts or severed connections and everything else seems to be running beautifully.  Just about to deep dive into the alde manual, but if anyone else has a trick I haven't tried?  can the whole system shut down because of a bad controller? If something has to be replaced, that would seem to be the easiest to replace.  Is there a way to test the controller?
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,595
    edited May 2020
    . . . can the whole system shut down because of a bad controller?
    Yes, if control panel is dead then Alde System is non-operational.
    That said; have seen an EU article discussing the use of a jumper wire to replace the controller . . . which would allow the boiler to operate (no user set temperature, full heat on mode) as part of a troubleshooting - bad part isolation - method.  Google translate of article was very poor so not sure I would attempt it without more research. {edit;  See 3:25PM 05/12 post below for clear description}

Since you have verified fuse/power connections and the Adle System was fine yesterday there is one more thing you could try - before calling for Adle Support.  Control Panel has known bug of locking up.  The only way to clear it is to remove all power.  Disconnect shore power, turn off the T@B Battery (cut-off switch).  Wait five minutes or so, then turn Battery back on.  If lucky an issue was control panel lockup then the Adle will power up when you press the power-On button
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    . . . Is there a way to test the controller?

Good question, Alde Support would be the ones to ask.
    If the Control Panel is dead (not locked up, see above reply) the cause could be the Control Panel itself or the PCB on top of the Adle unit.  Adle Support might be able to help isolate which item should be replaced.

Before you are forced to find an Alde repair shop.
  • Options
    . . .  have seen an EU article discussing the use of a jumper wire to replace the controller . . . which would allow the boiler to operate (no user set temperature, full heat on mode) as part of a troubleshooting - bad part isolation - method.  Google translate of article was very poor so not sure I would attempt it without more research.

Have found** a clear English description of how to override the digital Control Panel.
    ** With some help of comments on your FBook posting on this same topic.  Too bad this in not included in the 3020 manual

• Options
    Our day in the barrel!  Arrived at our campsite and the fan would not work.  Discovered that the Alde 3010/AC fan/MaxxAir 10 amp fuse blew. Had to replace that fuse a couple weeks ago too.  Changed it again only to find that the Alde Control panel will not light up.  Changed both Alde fuses (one deadster) then powered everything down and up - still nothing.  Cold showers for this trip😂  At least it is hot here!

• Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM, I know you’ve already checked the Alde power cord, as that is the first thing you always advise other owners to check. 

Other than that, I think I foresee a call or email  to Austin at nüCamp RV to schedule a repair appointment. And there’s always an email to tech@nucamprv.com. 

If you have no campground showers, I have taken a shower as I did when Boondocking in my Silver Shadow teardrop. Heat water on the stove, mix with cooler water to your requirements, then use a cup to pour over you to rinse. 100 ounces or so is plenty if you can manage a Navy shower. (These showers feel better in the summer than in the winter!)

Good luck!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    And @Verna - we have the plant sprayer!  Yes, our electric tea kettle will be quite useful!