Options

East Meets West, Washington Style! May 18-20, 2017

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Homebodyatheart, Imagine that! ;) Sounds like your trip to Bowl &Pitcher gave you a good maiden voyage. By the time we get to Lincoln Rock, you'll be a pro! You'll still be on a learning curve though. Every time Liz & I go I still either learn something new, or adapt to what "fits" us a little more. I wanna go campin', I wanna go campin, I wanna go campin'! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    For those of you joining us on this rally, and if it is your first time, or first time out for the 2017 season, get those T@Bs out & shake 'em down! Still workin' on mine, and makin' a list while I go along. You can never be too prepared for the first time out! If you have questions, now would be a great time to address them. :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    DouayHADouayHA Member Posts: 36
    I am hoping this is not the wrong place for this question. 

Can anyone tell me what the range for the BAL Wheel leveling jack is? We do not have an issue when we are out on a trip with blocks, but our driveway is pretty messed up and if we can use the jack rather then messing around with blocks (which tend to slip) it would make things a lot easier. 
    2017 T@b Outback 'Little S@lty' towed by 2015 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    @DouayHA, The research I did shows 6.5". Hope that helps you.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz Thank you! That helps a lot.
  • Options
    @DouayHA, No problem. I had to go to some of the question/answer threads for the BAL to find the answer. You would think they would include that as part of the specifications. Not real sure I would try for the full 6.5" though, maybe 5.5" would be my comfort zone. Personally, I use the Anderson leveler. Quick & easy, but that's what works for us. Good luck. :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133
    fyi - I just pulled my propane tank out to get it refilled for the first time. I had to remove the top from the tub storage area to get the tank out because of the placement of the round PVC pipe (for the sewer hose storage?).  I thought that was unusual, but it was an easy enough in the garage, where my tools were readily handy, I might have been a bit frustrated had I been on the road, and wanted to take the take the tank out if I didn't have a few simple tools with me, (in this case an 11mm wrench and Phillips head screw driver).

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

• Options
    @j_ntabowners, Wow Jim! Mine was a little tricky to get out (especially where they had the 'wing nut' located (since located to an easier position), but didn't find the PVC pipe to be an issue. My lid goes up far enough to clear pulling the tank straight up, and then tilting it slightly to clear after reaching the top of the 'ring' that secures the tank. Sounds like 'ya might want to leave the ol' 11mm and Phillips head screwdriver in your trailer tool kit. Remind myself & Mr. "mod" @Dalehelman to take a peak at it at the rally, and we'll see if a solution can be found. Yours is the first I've heard of with this issue. Thanks for sharing, might be someone else out there with the same issue.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

DouayHA said:

If you are attending this rally and you are interested in this mod.Let me know. I will source all of the parts needed for this conversion. With limited skills you can DIY. It only requires cutting the 1 1/2" gray water drain pipe. On a scale of 1-5 I would rate it 1.5. The cost for all of the materials is $60, and I can walk you through the fairly easy process. If you prefer not to DIY if you come to my home I would be happy to do it for you no charge. I am willing to do the install at the rally for an additional $25. If you are interested e mail me.
    dalehelman@yahoo.com

Would love to have you do the MOD to our 2017 Outback at the rally if you're willing!

I will bring the parts. See you there.

Thanks! Will bring cash & beer.

On a related note (your picture reminded me we were going to ask about this) What are people's tricks to get the stabilizer down without hitting the black water dump handle? We have yet to figure out a good way to do that, and want to find a way before the handle is damaged.
  • Options
    @DouayHA, Have you tried loosening the nut that swivels the pad on the bottom a little to simply swivel it so that it clears? Doesn't take much, just a little. Give that a try first, and let us know if it works. This was something that Dale & I discussed, and neither one of us had the issue of the foot hitting the handle...close, but it clears.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133
    Eric, It might have been possible to get the tank out, (but the first couple of pulls and turns it didn't look like it was going to work.  With the tub being plastic and my patience factor not always being at it's best, I decided to remove the top rather than take a chance on breaking something. =)

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

• Options
    @j_ntabowners, Patience grasshopper, patience! ;) ( Although....I can relate, and there ARE the times I just wanna blow something UP!) :D
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @DouayHA all I have to do is turn the black handle the other direction and it is out of the way. One outlet made things SO easy!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Dalehelman, I'm looking at the picture again and noticed this is not on an Outback edition. Is the platform going to be in the way for doing this mod?
  • Options
    @ericnliz, Yes we have tried swiveling the pad and it does not clear. Now the caveat to that is we were always trying with using the drill attachment to turn the stabilizer. I just went out in our driveway to mess with it a bit. Tilting the stabilizer pad such that the screw is blocked, I can turn it by hand to bypass the handle. Better than banging up the handle, but a PIA, especially if we're stopping late at night in the cold as we have done multiple times already.
  • Options
    @DouayHA, How much does it NOT clear by? Just curious.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    If it will not clear then I would just not raise the stabilizer all the way.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options

DouayHA said:

@Dalehelman, I'm looking at the picture again and noticed this is not on an Outback edition. Is the platform going to be in the way for doing this mod?

I have yet to do an install on an Outback. I am told there is know problem.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378

I think @drpprmt had this issue and spoke to nuCamp about it and they sent a new stabilizer foot with a portion cut away that made the fix perfect. I can't find the picture now, but the thread can be found by typing this in the search engine.

Any solutions for the trailer stabilizer jack hitting the black tank valve?

Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    @ericnliz, here are several images. Even lifting by hand rather then with the wand, you almost need three hands. One to turn the screw, the other to rotate the pad, and another for the handle.

• Options
    @Dalehelman, I had thought about that, however it did not seem to be a good idea not to have it raised tight with the stabilizer rattling around. Wouldn't that have a potential for it to slowly lower as you're driving?
  • Options
    IMHO no, not possible. I have done it many times.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    @DouayHA, Wow, didn't realize it was THAT bad! I'd have to agree with @marknjudy, and call the factory, or mark the foot so clearance can be obtained, remove the foot, and either grind, or cut off a portion so it clears. Picture tells a thousand words. Thanks for sharing!   
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I just stop cranking on the stabilizer tool, flip the foot around, hold it, while slowing moving the stabilizer up and when it clears the black handle I just finish cranking. It's second nature after a winter's camping. I figure it's a small price to pay for the convenience of the single discharge tube. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Verna, This is without the single discharge tube mode done. Stock from the factory.

• Options
    Another note on doing mods, does anyone know if that will void the factory warranty?
  • Options
    @DouayHA, it can still be done the same way. Or you can contact warranty@nucamprv.com and ask for the cut- off foot to be shipped to you. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna the black water valve is in the exact same position as before the single valve mod.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    @Dalehelman, that is strange because I didn't need to miss the foot before. I found a way around and it's not a problem for me--I just always say "Thank you, Dale!" at the RV dump stations!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna everything that changed was down stream of the gate valve.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
This discussion has been closed.