Options

2017 Fall J@m - September - Pacif NW - T@b Gathering at Ft Worden State Park, Pt Townsend, WA

Comments

• Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    edited April 2017
    Here's the ferry rates from Edmonds:

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/fares/FaresDetail.aspx?departingterm=8&arrivingterm=12

I'm unsure if the rates will differ in September, they may have a different fare schedule then.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    Mariner459Mariner459 Member Posts: 146
    Bump up on forum..... for those looking for an early fall stopover in the NW.
  • Options
    CyndiMaxCyndiMax Member Posts: 0
    Just saw the post of 2017 Fall J@m at Ft. Warden. Made a res but beach spots were booked so was forced into upper campground. Sp. 51. Hope other T@bs may be there too. ??? It is a short drive to get to beach section but will adapt. 
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 909
    @CyndiMax- We just reserved site 52... You will not be alone in the forest!  Looking forward to this meeting of the T@bs!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    DogdenDogden Member Posts: 6
    In a leap of faith-  I fell in love with the T@B S teardrop ... bought it Saturday.  Eight weeks or so until delivery, a few test drives and I will see you at the 2017 Jam.  I signed up for spot #55.
  • Options
    Bill_CochraneBill_Cochrane Member Posts: 103
    Well it had to happen!  You have Canadians crashing the party. Maylene, Finn the Poodle  and I have booked into site 60.  It will be exciting to see all those T@B's and share experiences.
    2017 White with Black T@B Outb@ck, Max S ( rec'd on May 2nd, 2017)
    TV is a 2017 White Honda Ridgeline, Detroit Auto Show North American Truck of the Year  Love it. 

• Options
    sephajsephaj Member Posts: 16
    Hope i can join you all.  I'm a new t@b owner :)
  • Options
    What is the date for this? I'm only seeing September 2017.

• Options
    Nvm I found the dates but the only spots available say no dogs! I have a small-ish dog. Should I risk it?
  • Options
    geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    @sephaj - what kind of dog is that? Mine looks almost the same, but in black. He's a Havana Silk. LOVE small dogs!
    Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts
  • Options
    SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    Booked site #70.  @sephaj... where did you read that dogs were not allowed?
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    The only time I saw no pets was cabin rentals sometimes.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    @geekmama she is Lhasa apso and terrier. Looking forward to meeting yours!

@Dalehelman &  all:
    When I did the search at the Fort Worden campsite I filtered the search for dog friendly and all of the open spots we're not.  But since several of you are bringing your dogs, I'll risk it because I can't and would not want to go without her and I want to meet you all.
  • Options
    Yay, I'm booked for site 57!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hi folks, 
    Been offline a while. Very exciting to see more folks joining in for our informal September Pacific NW J@m at Fort Worden for T@bs and T@g enthusiasts.  (For newbies, this is not sponsored by anyone, just a get together, see more camping info at page 1 post) We will be able to gather as a group on that Saturday in the kitchen shelter we reserved, so those staying in various areas of the park will have a chance to see everyone all together that day.  I am starting an agenda idea list for us here.   See pics attached here and at this link

Please be thinking about activities we can do as a group and you'd sign up to plan and lead. I will update this master list with your name/ideas accordingly so everyone can help with something they enjoy.   We've primed it with some ideas but any can be added or removed if there's no interest. :-)

Activity Ideas
    1. DRAFT and handout Saturday J@m Agenda once activities are planned and committed:  Melanie and Frank
    2. Open/Close Shelter, Welcome Group:   Melanie and Frank (sign-in, name tags? welcome/agenda)
    3. Quick Icebreaker Activity:   Melanie and Frank
    4. Around the Room Intros with Picture Board:  Need volunteer to set up and lead  (everyone bring a pic of their rig, coordinator tapes to window? take turns introducing?)
    5. Guest Speaker on local area, park, wildlife:  Need volunteer to coordinate with ranger office and introduce?
    6. Potluck:  Need volunteer(s) to poll attendees here for approach on potluck(s) for Saturday, i.e., lunch potluck?  early evening?  both?  (we have shelter from 9 until dusk I believe), to coordinate food lists, supply lists, direct clean up in last 2 hours  
    7. T@b and T@g Bingo:  Need volunteer(s) to create game, cards, and craftsy people to donate a few tiny prizes?
    8. Music and Camp Song Singalong:  Need musicians and song leader, print some lyric sheets?
    9. Walk about open house:  Need volunteer to coordinate a sign up sheet by site, name, contact name on forum, camper year/make/model, and any upgrades or issues or ideas they would like to highlight during this site visits?
    10. My Favorite Mod or Gadget:  Need volunteer to coordinate and lead a show and tell time for attendees who want to share pics or pass around gadgets and talk about source, ideas, etc.  See also ideas about sharing with projector maybe in #12 below??
    11. Camping Ghost Story Time:  Need volunteer storytellers
    12. Travel pics:  Need volunteer with laptop and projection screen and projector? (possibly borrow from Ft. Worden?) and those with travel pics to share some of their prize pics with an anecdote or two?  And coordinate with the #10 leader above to show pics of mods and upgrades maybe if people bring them on CD or email them to you?? Ideas?
    13.  J@M Photo Memories:  Need volunteer to work with Verna et al see if we can have a folder on this forum in the Pictures and Videos area dedicated for attendees of this gathering to drop in pics, share details and how to with attendees onsite; and take group pics for us?
    14. Board game Time:  Need volunteers to bring board games, cards, dominoes, and lead each for break out session?
    15. Arts and Crafts:  Need volunteers to provide small craft project related to camping including supplies and lead instruction time
    16. J@m Sept 2017 Ft. Worden Keepsake:  Need volunteer or two to design and create a small keepsake item (1 per attending teardrop family?) that can be given out at the end of the Saturday gathering?  Bookmark? Magnet? Keyring? Tiny Picture Frame?
    17. Kite Fly:  Need volunteer to coordinate a time and location to meet for kiting?
    18. Nature Walk:  Need volunteer to coordinate a time and location to meet for a team walk?
    19. Kayaking:  Need volunteer to coordinate a time and location to meet for a paddle, BYOK?
    20. Touring/Shopping downtown:  Need volunteer to coordinate a time and location to meet/go into Port Townsend shopping at co-op healthy foods, downtown shops, uptown shops, Chimacum Farmers Market, Wooden Boat Museum, Point Hudson marina, etc.???
    21. Golfing:  Need volunteer to identify golf interests, coordinate possibilities of tee times at municipal course, registration, fees, etc., Sunday?
    22++??

Please chime in by # for any interests and add more so I can refresh this list with leader names and add other ideas and interests you all have in mind. 

Thoughts? Wishes?  Dreams?   ;)

Thanks,
    Melanie and Frank, Three Corgis.
  • Options
    I'll bring dominoes and my guitar but I don't think I know 'sing along' type songs.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited May 2017
    @Mariner459, Hi. Unfortunately Liz and I won't be able to attend this gathering as it conflicts with another trip we have done with friends for almost 20 years. Wish we were able to join you all as it appears that you have a great group of folks attending, and  sounds like a LOT of fun!
    I have looked at your list, and from being at the Lincoln Rock gathering, a couple of personal observations.
    1) The potluck is a great place to combine several things. ie: have name tags available for everyone to fill out &       wear. Have a map available with sites, with what folks are where. This would take care of #1,2,6, &9. #9             would be a great place to see who is interested, & who is not, with some sort of display hand-out to indicate     whether they will be a participant in this event. Friday you will find out folks are busy setting up, and settling in. Quite a few will have traveled quite a ways, and will be tired. While you have folks all in one place, it will give you the opportunity to organize most of the things on your list with the # of folks interested.
    2) You'll find time goes a LOT faster than you would think, so don't try to squeeze too many things in as you'll       find folks will be gathering in smaller groups getting to not only know one another, but sharing various             things as well.      
    3) One thing I didn't see on your list (and a GREAT idea by @Dalehelman for our gathering) a swap meet! 
    I hope you all have the time of your life, sounds like a LOT of fun. :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @ericnliz
    Outstanding input, thank you!  We will miss you, too!

Swap meet!  Really great idea, too!

Also still looking for volunteers to take on organizing ideas and pieces so everyone gets to add their flavors.  :-)

Now just gathering ideas and folks now to take the ball as they have interests. Thought we'd pick a few things from possibilities as a group Sat a.m. and firm up.  We will definitely work in free time and just visiting together, and take breakouts based on group interests onsite.  Just a bit of planning to get Sat (when we have the shelter) and Sun ideas....and so folks can bring along supplies if needed...we'll make the firmer agenda when we meet and keep it fluid and fun...plus weather permitting. 

@sephaj, thanks so much! ...we will update the music activity with you and your guitar plus the games...maybe we will find more to join in, too.

Thanks, all! We will let more comment and update the list post in a few days.

• Options
    @Mariner459 - I would be willing to help with keepsakes... And we are HUGE board game people.  (Ticket to Ride... Mexican Train dominoes... Crib... Bananagrams) we can talk as we get closer.  VERY excited about this, which will be our first T@b gathering we get to attend!

• Options
  • Options
    FuzzyYanniFuzzyYanni Member Posts: 110
    edited July 2017
    8. Music and Camp Song Singalong:  Need musicians and song leader, print some lyric sheets?

I'll take care of this one. Folks can contact me via facebook messenger:
    https://www.facebook.com/yannisfyssas or email > yannisfyssas@gmail.com

I've already created an tentative event Friday 8pm , either at our site or wherever folks gather up.

Here is my idea for Friday evening: 

We plan to have a smallish campfire/guitar / singalong thingy on Friday evening at 8pm (weather permitting of course) at our site #63. More details to follow, but I am thinking I'll call it ...

"Guitarist For Rent".

Bring your campfire lyrics AND chords sheets (or on ipads / tablets) and I'll play whatever campfire song you want to hear.  [exclusions: No Paganini, No Stairway] 
    Catch is.... someone else has to sing (not me)

What do you folks think?

"I know one thing, I know nothing."
  • Options
    MushkinManorMushkinManor Member Posts: 5
    Hi everyone!  Just joined this site @ the recommendation of many friends.  I had heard about the Fort Worden get together from Dalehelman and posted it in the Washington State T@bbers FB site.   So far, we have about 8 trailers signed up to go with about 11 people.  Of course some of these people may have already confirmed on this site too.  If you need me to let you know what their site # is, I'd be happy to pop back over there and get them.   Paul & I have a 2013 Tab S. 
    Tricia & Paul  
    Lynnwood, WA  "MushkinM@nor" 
    2013 T@b 320S  (Gray w/Black Trim) TV: 2022 Chevy Tahoe
    Former TV:  2001 Corvette ~ Retired  :)
  • Options
    MortyandDottieMortyandDottie Member Posts: 37
    Morty and Dottie along with Ravi and Griffin the poodles are in.  We just booked site #53 right next to @2Cougs. Our2017 Silver on Silver Outback will be there.  First T@B rally so be easy on us 
    Charles, Dee and the Dogs, Poulsbo WA

2017 Silver on Silver T@B S Outback

2017 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel
  • Options
    Morty and Dottie Finn will be there too, hope they can all play together.
    TV is a 2017 White Honda Ridgeline, Detroit Auto Show North American Truck of the Year  Love it. 

• Options
    MortyandDottieMortyandDottie Member Posts: 37
    @Bill_Cochrane is Finn a Gingerbred from Lynn Grivas in Tacoma? 
    Charles, Dee and the Dogs, Poulsbo WA

2017 Silver on Silver T@B S Outback

2017 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel
  • Options
    No he's from Lumiere Standards in Port Moody, BC.

• Options
    @MortyandDottie- This will be our first T@b rally too, so you will be in good company! 

• Options
    Getting excited...any others joining us? 
    @Mariner459 - any more details?  Hopefully people are signing up for things. :)

• Options
    Just counted... 17 T@bs!
    @MushkinManor - Do you know of any others from facebook???  And what site are you?
    @FuzzyYanni - Will work on some song lists... I am an old  :o former camp counselor.  Can't lead them, but know lots of them, so glad you play guitar!  What site are you in???

• Options
    SawtoothSawtooth Member Posts: 18
    Bought our T@B in March of this year and are planning to attend the Ft Worden gathering.  We have site 28 reserved.  We look forward to meeting everyone and learning a few things from the experts.