Options

Pictures of some of my favorite mods

Comments

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    @Dalehelman, your over-the-top trashcan has the added benefit that you get to play trash-basketball.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Nice work. You can probably use that shelf for bowling ball storage. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Nice job! I have one of the @Dalehelman specials in my trailer as well. I use it for bulkier clothing , like jeans, sweatshirts, & such. I'm thinkin' after havin' to pick stuff up off the bed after traveling, I might use some type of bungie to hold stuff in place. Still a work in progress. 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Funny, Dale! 
    And yes, ericnliz, we were also thinking of clothing storage and/or bins like Dale did.  I want to find some elastic cargo netting.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Instead of ordering cargo nets from Amazon, I'm going to try these.  I've ordered the 20" & 36" nets for the side shelves, and the 48" for the wire shelf across the back..

https://www.organizedobie.com/Barrier-Stretch-Nets
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Please don’t laugh. We have been looking for over 3 years for the right place for a small trash receptacle.
    Dale, I'm not laughing, but I might suggest the challenge you faced stems from your definition of a "small" trash receptacle...  ;-)

(We use the bottom half cut from a quart-sized plastic milk jug.)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Lesley_and_IanLesley_and_Ian Member Posts: 66
    Brilliant idea for putting trash receptacle.  We use an aluminum flower pot from Ikea and put it on the back of the sink.  But now I shall look for a place to store one up high!

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    We use a collapsible clothes hamper from ikea, but put a trash bag in it, and leave it outside...at night and when we leave camp, I put it in TV.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    If we leave anything outside at night the  raccoons have a field day  or maybe a field night. We use this outdoors 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    ...that’s why I put it in the tv at night...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    @ScottG
    I carry more stuff in my pockets than that.😀😀😀😀😀
    Hmmm, maybe that's why my pockets are always full of trash...  :-/  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    danp212danp212 Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2018
    @Dalehelman how did your wire shelf work out initially when you only used stick-on command hooks for the mounting brackets before doing any drilling? Any issues before you decided to permanently mount??
    2017 T@B Max S
  • Options
    @danp212
    The Command hooks were just temporary. Once I was confident of the shelf placement. I wanted a more permanent and stronger mounting  solution.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    FergieFergie Member Posts: 143
    Dalehelman:

Looking through all your mods, I realized you had already thought of putting a shutoff valve on the toilet water supply that I did and posted here after having to replace the Thetford valve assembly. Also by putting the 90 degree valve in you apparently avoided the tightening problem I encountered putting in the version that I did that comes straight out from the wall. Good idea!

Fergie

• Options
    @Fergie
    I love it when a plan comes together.
    Camp On
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @JanandDave as long as I put it in "backwards" it has never unrolled yet. @SAM you get the brownie point! Yes, L@dybug was in her shed when I took the pic. We renovated the original 1948 garage to fit the Tab. I need to retake it when I'm somewhere more scenic I guess!  :)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    ScottG said:
    While on the subject of storage, this is my favorite mod. I'm not a big fan of A/C--and I rarely have the AC to run it--so this space is now put to good use keeping smaller items like my solar suitcase and propane lantern at the ready.

As a paperweight, the Frigidaire works just as well in my attic as it did in the T@B.  ;-)

That overhead shelf in the back is up next!

I think this is the best idea for those who do not use A/C. It's easy enough to reinstall if you sell and you are getting the use of extra storage.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    I think this is the best idea for those who do not use A/C. It's easy enough to reinstall if you sell and you are getting the use of extra storage.
    Yep. My version is actually a self contained box that just slides in in place of the air conditioner. Although this reduces the usable space in the cabinet somewhat, the A/C could be restored without much fuss for a trip to warmer climates or resale. Not that I'd ever consider that...  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TiffkremsTiffkrems Member Posts: 1
    I  have a few questions for the original post pictures. Did you paint the walls or is that a wallpaper?   I really like the dark gray.   Also did you originally have a sink in your bathroom and remove it?   I’m thinking about removing my sink.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @Tiffkrems, the silver wall covering is part of the Sofitel package.  The sink can be removed.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    The T@B is a 2015 Sofitel and comes with the gray interior. It did not come with a sink in the bath.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Photomom said:
    How did you attach the baskets to the door?
    My wife saw your baskets Dale,  where did you get them?
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    The baskets were from Hobby Lobby. 2 baskets cut in half to make 4

1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Are attached to the door with this product.

1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Once I had them arranged exactly the way I wanted them I used 2 screws for a more permanent installation.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    I use command hooks for a trash bag. Easy to reach, has a small footprint,easy to replace.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Awesome ladybugs!!! <3
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)