T@B Sighting

RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
As I was headed home from Yellowstone and other points west, I spotted a T@B headed west on I-80 yesterday, silver with black trim.  Have fun guys.  Sorry I didn't see you in time to honk or wave.  Be safe!  BTW, it was the only other one I saw travelling through MO, KS, NE, SD, WY. 

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

Comments

• XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    I wonder if it was Belva... she's heading west, aye?
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    I thought of her, and the timing was close, but it was a darker TV, and she told me theirs was cream colored.  I think they were going to be at Fishing Bridge on the 5th, so this was a little late for that.  I think I left YS the day they were scheduled to arrive.  By the way, Grant was still closed for the winter on the second of June.  Sort of understandable, I guess, cause there was still LOTS of snow on the ground, and was down to 30 degrees the last two mornings I was there.  BTW, got caught in a Kansas thunderstorm last night.  Kinda scary when you're sitting in the trailer and the wind starts shaking it around.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

Pretty sure I have it figured out, but maybe they don't want anyone to know where they are or that they are gone.  So, we'll wait and see.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    RZRBUG said:
    I thought of her, and the timing was close, but it was a darker TV, and she told me theirs was cream colored.  I think they were going to be at Fishing Bridge on the 5th, so this was a little late for that.  I think I left YS the day they were scheduled to arrive.  By the way, Grant was still closed for the winter on the second of June.  Sort of understandable, I guess, cause there was still LOTS of snow on the ground, and was down to 30 degrees the last two mornings I was there.  BTW, got caught in a Kansas thunderstorm last night.  Kinda scary when you're sitting in the trailer and the wind starts shaking it around.
    Larry, try being in a tent and you forgot to put the rain fly on, but you figure out really quickly at 3:30 am.  Quickest I ever took that tent down   X_X  That was my next to the last tent camping trip I took.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    LOL.  That would be a little different.  I couldn't "take my trailer down," but deserted it and went to an enclosed pavilion to wait it out a while.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited November 2017
    So far in 8,000+ miles I've only seen three T@Bs in the wild - All around Lake Havasu City, AZ.
    Today I saw a flatbed with three new T@Bs and a T@G - Headed west east of Barstow, CA - Somebody in CA's gonna be happy :-)
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    I saw a 2 T@bs in Almont and Aspen, CO last summer at campgrounds and a 5 wide at a PA campground last fall. They are really starting to pop up.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• BWidgetBWidget Member Posts: 35
    If there was an Outback model it could be mine. Picking it up on Friday.
    Bill from Los Angeles Arizona
    2015 T@B S Maxx Outback
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
    BWidget - Couldn't tell the specific models. We were going in opposite directions so it was a woooosh.
    "giddy" - I know the feeling L-)
  • CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    On our first trip out we ran into a couple from Canada in the same campground.  They had just gotten their T@B and were headed to Florida.

Beyond the rallies, I had not seen one in a campground again until the following June at Dead Horse Point State Park in Moab, UT.  That owner was there for just one night, he was bouncing around different places in the West.

RZRBUG evidently saw the T@Bpole on the same trip, we passed on the highway.  I did not see him, though he was towing at the time too.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • RadRad Member Posts: 516
    edited September 2017
    First time I have ever seen a LG T@B on the road. Today  I was coming back down highway 1, finishing a great bicycle workout up the coast, and a beautiful silver with white trim one passed me just as I was getting back into Santa Cruz Ca.  It made me glad I'm  heading out for a quick trip in mine with the oldest grand daughter next week.  

There  really is something about tear drops that sure are charismatic. 
    As I mentioned, I had my first this week also - At least first time I met one on the road. I'm up to four in campgrounds, one on the road and a flatbed delivering three plus a T@G. Kind of fun when you see one.
  • vitovito Member Posts: 181
    I just returned from a 6,600 mile, 23 day road trip (car only) while awaiting my new T@b from the factory. During the trip I spotted three T@bs, but since we were both moving down the highway, I couldn't stop and say hello. In case you recognize yourself, one was while I was westbound on I-40 in southern California, one northbound on I-25 near Pueblo, CO and I have already forgotten where I saw the third one. Up until this trip I don't think I ever saw a single T@b on the road.
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
    I was on I25 south of Pueblo a month ago - Black Jeep, Silver T@B
  • sgttikisgttiki Member Posts: 92

Once you become interested in something, in this case a T@B, you'll have an increase in the amount of sightings. It has to do with the Laws of Attraction.

During the Fall of 2014, a friend took a picture (only one picture!) of a Used/For Sale T@B (the silver/silver I wanted). By the time he texted the photo and sellers phone number, the T@B had been sold! I had discussed my interest in a T@B with this friend only a week earlier!

Once, when I was considering adopting a Bassett Hound, I noticed more Bassett Hounds in the world! Bassett Hounds everywhere! YIKES!

Truth is, they already existed in my world, but because of my [heightened] interest, I now took notice of them. Note: I later learned that a Bassett Hound can help himself to any food left on the kitchen counter! So much for my nice steak dinner!

As I'm moving closer to my T@B purchase, I'm noticing more trailers in driveways, parking lots, etc. If I attend a picnic/barbeque, I'm noticing outdoor chairs, cooking utensils, etc. Also, whenever I visit book stores, I notice the publishers are printing way more camping/travel related books/magazines than ever before!   "What a coincidence!" 

Just last week, I bought three National Geographic books related to [USA] National & State Park and Scenic roadways. It was extremely nice of the publishers to publish these books solely to satisfy my interests.

I hope you continue to have T@B sightings! Remember, soon, when you're hauling the T@B, some future T@B owner will have a "sighting!" I sure wish I could have a T@B sighting!

AWESOME!

• SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    That is absolutely correct!  I used to want an El Camino and they magically appeared in a lot of parking lots-never did buy one though.
  • sgttikisgttiki Member Posts: 92

Well Sgtjohn, now that you have mentioned them, you'll soon start seeing El Caminos again!

When I wrote my "post," I hadn't seen a Bassett Hound for many months. However, yesterday, I was at a Memorial Day Parade, and, guess what I saw? Yep.....a Bassett Hound!

Maybe it's time for you to get that El Camino! Best wishes!  

• NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    Coming home on I-15 Sunday 8/9 saw and was passed by a silver on silver tab. we were all headed north and waved.  The tab was from Oregon.  Hope you travel safe.  Glad to see another Tab out on the road. On a recent trip to Seattle from SLC we saw 4 tabs but 3 were on dealer lots  :o  only one on the road.  We always wave since it is a rare thing indeed.
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Anyone online in Door County, WI.   Saw a T@B Outback crossing the Bay Bridge in Sturgeon Bay.  Hopefully, you missed 
    the storms passing through the area.  
    Have a great time visiting.
  • vitovito Member Posts: 181
    That might have been me. We spent Monday thru Thursday (traveled home on Thursday) in Door County, at Hy-Land RV campground in Ellison Bay. Had a really nice few days and missed any storm
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
    Sorry, wasn't you, as it was heading north on Friday, just before the storms heading south, that shut down the PGA tournament.  Hard to believe, Door County got to experience two T@B Outbacks in one week.
    Went for a walk in Potawatomi State Park, just outside of Sturgeon Bay, WI and lol and behold, there was the T@B Outback in the campground.  TV was there but didn't see any owners around, probably out bicycling.  Might take a drive out later, to visit and see how they like it.
  • TabsterTabster Member Posts: 118
    edited September 2015
    If you go to http://www.campsitephotos.com/ and look at the header photos the 2nd one is a white and silver T@b. Pxl, is that you?
    2015 CS. Ford f150 v8. Southern california
    Nope, not me but I'd like to know exactly where that is
  • CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Looks like a Dutchman T@B.  Nice spot.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    edited September 2015
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
    I was going to go here last Feb, but opted for snow in Bryce Canyon. Decisions, decisions, lol.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

bgualtieri - Thanks, saved, will be camping there at some point.
    PXLated said:
    bgualtieri - Thanks, saved, will be camping there at some point.
    Valley of Fire is a photographer's playground.