Options

Which Trailer Lock Do You Recommend?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Bill_CochraneBill_Cochrane Member Posts: 103
    I expect you'll have to use the flat plate for the bolt pattern.  I do. 
    2017 White with Black T@B Outb@ck, Max S ( rec'd on May 2nd, 2017)
    TV is a 2017 White Honda Ridgeline, Detroit Auto Show North American Truck of the Year  Love it. 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    I called the company that makes the Brahma to confirm if it would fit on our CS.  They instructed us on which lug cover to order.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    NCNativeNCNative Member Posts: 95
    @SAM great suggestion, thank you!
    N@VENOTSE
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite   
    SF Bay Area
  • Options
    BillBill Member Posts: 38
    Thanks for the tips, @dragonsdofly and @SAM. I like the idea of raising the T@b up off the suspension to get some more wiggle room. I'll give it a try when this rain lets up.
    Bill & Helen; 2017 T@B S Maxx, (Serenity Now!!); TV 2019 Honda Ridgeline,
    Woodstock, Ontario 
  • Options
    Is it just me? I'm still having a heck of a time getting my Brahma lock to fit properly. Not to mention that I have to get on my hands and knees in the dirt/mud to wrestle it into place. The final straw came yesterday when I slid the front bracket into the sleeve and pushed the lock in. As it turned out, I didn't have the bracket pushed in far enough to engage with the holes, so it didn't lock. Lucky it didn't, because when I tried to unlock it to retract the locking bolt, it would not unlock. I removed the whole assembly from the wheel, and I'm still not able to unlock the lock. Dirt in the lock mechanism? Possibly, since I don't see how you wrangle that thing on without dragging it through the dirt. I'm very disheartened. I find it quite heavy and cumbersome, and even with some very good advice from some of you fine people, I still find it difficult to deal with. Has anyone else found this to be the case with the Brahma? I'm impressed with their anti-theft record and their great customer service, but I'm ready to send it back and try something less complicated. 
    Woodstock, Ontario 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    Sorry you are struggling.  There is a learning curve.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Bill_CochraneBill_Cochrane Member Posts: 103
    It is heavy and can be cumbersome if you are not allowing the tire to support the weight while you complete the installation.  that is; lock both wing nuts so the arms are both in the locked "on" position.  Position the first and heaviest part on the tire and rotate the upper arm so this part is supported by the top of wheel.  Put the hub cap on.  Then, and finally put the last smaller arm on as tight as you can so that both arms hug the wheel as close as they can.  Pull the smaller arm out from the wheel slowly while pushing the lock in.  It will depress as soon as it finds the first hole.  once on, swing the lock so it acts as a chock.  The only real difficult part is inserting the key once it's locked, but you do get used to that.  Good luck.  It is a great lock and worth the effort to put on properly.  BTW, I wonder if you have the proper size lock for your tire?
    2017 White with Black T@B Outb@ck, Max S ( rec'd on May 2nd, 2017)
    TV is a 2017 White Honda Ridgeline, Detroit Auto Show North American Truck of the Year  Love it. 

• Options
    Epilogue: I spoke with Luiza from Brahma lock, and she gave me some useful advice on how to clear the lock mechanism, as well as an offer for a full refund for my lock. I swear, if that isn't excellent customer service, I don't know what is! I may decide to give the lock another try and decline/return the refund. If worse comes to worst, I'll bring it along to üCamp 18, where I know there will be experts galore! If any of you out there are looking for a wheel lock, ignore my ineptitude and get a Brahma - you won't find a nicer company to deal with.
    Woodstock, Ontario