Options

RV Lock Keyless for RV's is great! (Currently for T@B S Max and T@B 320 {pre 2020} only)

Comments

• Options
    geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    Silly question, the Memorial Day sale is on at RVLock so I want to get the lock for my 2018 320 CS-S. Do I need the right or left and does it have to be the v4 or will the compact one work. They don't seem to be much different other than shape.
    Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,501
    I have a 2013 T@B CS-S and here’s what I bought and installed:
    RVLock Compact Keyless Entry System W/ Integrated Keypad × 1
    Right Hand (right side hinged)
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Mr. Homebody and I just installed the new lock the other night. Yes, it took longer than the reported 10 minute install, but the directions were clear and I'm satisfied. Oh, and yes the beep is loud. I might work on that...
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    @Homebodyatheart, the beep can be turned off. I think the info is earlier in this thread. (You end up with no sound at all, however, but we got used to it)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    FishDoctorFishDoctor Member Posts: 59
    edited June 2018
    Holding down the "1" button until you hear a tone toggles the sound on and off. As @ChanW said, when sound is off it is completely silent. I wish there was a way to just turn the volume down (not off).
    Downers Grove, IL
    2017 T@B S Max, Blue and Silver -- "The Blueb@rry"
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    Thank you @ChanW and @FishDoctor! I will try it this weekend. My first inclination was to remove the inside pkate and see if I could cover/mute wherever the sound comes out with something. I’m fine with no sound.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    So for anyone else who wants this lock what I went for is the RVLock Compact Keyless Entry System W/ Integrated Keypad, Right Hand (right side hinged). It went in easily and it looks similar to the one that was there previously. It works great. I did watch a number of youtube install videos before I did it just to see what the mistakes were and that made it easy.
    Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts
  • Options
    @geekmama the only tight fit was pushing the front plate and latch in place. I didn’t want to have to cut the Azdell, but really had to push hard to get it in the space. Once in it fit perfectly!
  • Options
    Just got an email from them-RVLock is having a Fathers Day 15% off sale this week.  :)
  • Options
    AnjenewellAnjenewell Member Posts: 4
    Will these work on the 2015 DM CS?
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Welcome to the forum @Anjenewell! A small point-Your 2015 was built by Pleasant Vallley, now known as nüCamp and marketed by Little Guy, not Dutchman. @Tabster and @Marceline have clamshells, perhaps they’ll confirm it works for them. Glad you’re here!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I want one of these so bad!! *sigh*
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jgram2 said:
    Welcome to the forum @Anjenewell! A small point-Your 2015 was built by Pleasant Vallley, now known as nüCamp and marketed by Little Guy, not Dutchman. @Tabster and @Marceline have clamshells, perhaps they’ll confirm it works for them. Glad you’re here!
    I installed this unit in my 2013 CS. 
    https://www.rvlock.com/collections/frontpage/products/rvlock-v4mini-right-hand-w-integrated-keypad-for-rvs

It wasn’t very hard. There was just a small amount of swearing as I worked to get the inside and outside pieces lined up correctly. It might’ve been helpful to have an extra pair of hands. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
  • Options
    Here's a little tip for those who don't wish to carry numbers of big thick keys in their pocket....

You can grind the plastic off the RVLock key, and there's a tiny key with a hole under all that plastic...

For me, that's perfect, since I'll seldom be using the key - only for 'emergency'.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    AnjenewellAnjenewell Member Posts: 4
    jgram2 said:
    I actually mis-typed. I have a 2005 Dutchmen CS.
    wondering if these keyless locks will work on the older models.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Storage bay locks are supposed to be even worse offenders of the same key. 

That is the truth. I bought 2 outside storage bay doors to be installed in my T@B years ago. I got each of them from a different source, and the key is the same, AND is the same as my clamshell hatch keys. It's nice for me, but how many other hatches have the same key.....
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Storage bay locks are supposed to be even worse offenders of the same key. 

That is the truth. I bought 2 outside storage bay doors to be installed in my T@B years ago. I got each of them from a different source, and the key is the same, AND is the same as my clamshell hatch keys. It's nice for me, but how many other hatches have the same key.....
    Where do you keep the beer????   🍻
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Mousie.. ALL, the dreaded C157 (or 751?) key. My toy hauler has a one-key system. The key for the front door also opens the hatches.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Bill@ndRoxBill@ndRox Member Posts: 89
    I had a little trouble with my RVLock.  Half the time it wouldn't lock or unlock the deadbolt even though I could hear the mechanism working.  I called RVLock and spoke with Tasha who was great.  She had me remove the inside plate and loosen a screw down near the red handle for the deadbolt.  Then loosen the 4 screws holding in the plate. She walked me through every step. Things worked again well. I found that they did not have my Order Number in their system so I have no warrantee with them. But she helped me anyway. I got the RVLock on Amazon for a few dollars cheaper so now will wait to hear from Amazon about the warrantee.  I just got the lock in Feb. and really have loved it.   By the way Homebodyatheart showed me that to get rid of the annoying beep when locking or unlocking, just hold in the #1 button until it beeps.  This will deactivate or active the irritating loud beep but you can still hear the mechanism working.  Thanks so much.  Learning so much with this Forum.  I really have appreciated it.  Bill@ndRox  '18T@b Outback.
  • Options
    Niki_PurNiki_Pur Member Posts: 14
    Quick questions for all those who installed the RV Lock. I bought one directly from the manufacturer and had it installed on my T@B.  Works great with locking, beeps etc.  Only problem is that when I am inside, it takes a lot of effort and attempts to slam door shut.  I have to really slam it so that the momentum allows me to turn the red lock.
    Essentially, I am concerned that I am missing something that may be wrong and that the door need not be slammed to be shut.
    2016 T@B Max-s Outback aka T@B C@b@n@;
    TV 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited aka Umatree

Niki
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Niki_Pur, Check ALL the screws for both the lock & the jamb. From time to time, I have to tighten mine because road vibration (my guess) loosens them. I usually take the time to tighten all the screws associated with the door & the jamb. Just need to make sure they're good & snug...be careful not to over-tighten & strip the screws.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Thank you @ericnliz.  Will try that and share if that helps.  Niki

Niki
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @Niki_Pur, our Tab door has always needed more of a slam to close. It took a few months to get used to it, but now it's 'normal procedure' for us (even if we do wake the neighbors!)

Have to agree with @ericnliz about checking those screws though. They've been known to cause the door to jam shut at the most inopportune times, if they're loose enough!

After you've got the latch working correctly, and the way you want it to, a drop of low-strength LocTite on each screw will prevent further loose-screw worries.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    @ChanW - glad I am not the only one with a "reluctant-to-shut" door :).  I will look at the screws per @ericnliz's suggestion. Thank you both for your input.

Niki
  • Options
    Niki_Pur said:
    @ChanW - glad I am not the only one with a "reluctant-to-shut" door :).  I will look at the screws per @ericnliz's suggestion. Thank you both for your input.
    Mine is a little stubborn too. I've considered pulling the screws out and working on the alignment but I haven't bothered yet. I've found that instead of slamming it I can usually just pull and hold it closed while engaging the red latch. But maybe it's not as bad as yours.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
  • Options
    @Marceline- my door is pretty stubborn.  I have tried engaging the red latch while pulling door but that does not work.  I am worried I will break the inner black handle with the pulling.  Sadly, slamming seems to have worked best.  Can't wait to try @ericnliz and @ChanW's suggestions.

Niki
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Humidity, which currently abounds, here in the Burgh, makes mine a little tougher to shut.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I miss mine!  As soon as I get on the road, I’ll start calling RVLock to get one in the works for the 400.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks @jkjenn.  Had not thought about that.  I had no problems earlier in the year (before RVLock) so assumed it was the lock, but it may be the humidity.
    @Verna - I can imagine how much you miss it.  After the Enduro mover, the RVLock was my best addition.

Niki
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    My 2 cents.  Our T@Bs are very large aluminum structured Fiberglas skinned heat sinks subject to extreme levels of expansion and contraction. It probably doesn’t take too much temperature to rack the door frames out of alignment. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI