Options

Lithium or AGM Battery Mounted Inside a 320 Cabin?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    Thanks @jkjenn.  I will check out your video.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    tomtektomtek Member Posts: 47
    I upgraded to 280aH DIY Grade B Lithium Cells I assembled along with relocated battery in the cabin passenger side wheel well storage of 2021 CS-S.   I upgraded the converter to a PD4060(LI) and have upgraded wiring to handle the higher charge currents. Other notes is the addition of a 1200 watt inverter and automatic cut over switch for inverter.   Its been a major electrical overhaul but am extremely pleased with the result and it's possible I may add another 280aH of Lithium.  I watched @jkjenn video before my work and got a lot of great info from it and was able to make a more informed choice of my conversion.   Thanks @jkjenn great video with precise reasoning behind your decisions.   I have a few other electrical changes I am happy to share if there is a request.  
    2009 Dutchman TQ - Sold
    2021 CS-S - Enjoying the new layout
    2011 Outback 3.6r
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    tomtek said:
     I have a few other electrical changes I am happy to share if there is a request.  
    Sharing is caring @tomtek  :)

Start a new discussion, so we don't have to wade through all of this one to see your ideas. I find it hard to later look back at concepts when they're hidden within a discussion of a different title.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Nice job Bayliss.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @Bayliss Here is a VERY limited view of the driver side construction that I believe shows a thin, metal plate in the area behind the wheel.  Probably just to allow them to add in electrical and plumbing before the side wall is added.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited February 2022
    Thanks for the photo, @Sharon_is_SAM I don't believe I have seen that particular photo previously, but it does indeed show a metal plate at that location, albeit in a later year model 320 S.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    ReenieGReenieG Member Posts: 175
    Cherokee said:
    Cool solution - storage space is always a rob Peter to pay Paul proposition.
    We are lucky that we can get by with two golf cart 6v batteries in series - thanks mostly to portable solar and California sunshine. 

@Cherokee do you find these work better than one regular 12v deep cycle? And do they both fit in the standard group 27 size battery box in your tub?
    2018 T@B 320S / 2020 Chevy Traverse V6 AWD / Phoenix, AZ