Options

Covid Vaccine While on the Road

2»

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    In California, you need to either be a resident of the County administrating the shot or working in that County.  I had to show my ID to get my shot.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    K4sailingK4sailing Member Posts: 6
    We tried for a long time (in Iowa) to get an older, high risk relative vaccinated.  Finally discovered, through a friend, that we might have a chance if we checked the CVS web site after midnight.  Both shots were scheduled by 2am, as were a couple of my friends (and myself).  Second shot scheduled at the same time.  By 6 am they were fully booked.  They required medicare number and address but not sure if residency was required.  We don't reside in the county where we got  vaccinated.

Knowing several people that have lost loved ones, who died with-out loved ones there, and others that have long term lung (or other) damage, this matters to me.  Our medical community needs our support.  A person doesn't blow smoke in my face - why would it be ok to cough/sneeze in public when the virus floats to, well, whoever?  Let's take care of each other - we're in the same boat (or camper:).  
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    edited March 2021
    We know someone who still does not have the return of full taste and smell having recovered months ago from the infection.  Young and healthy otherwise.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Sharon , that was having Covid, not caused by the shot?  You need to clarify this, and someone may think it was a reaction to the vaccine injection.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    I thought that “having recovered months ago” clarified that, so I added the word “infection”.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I thought it was pretty clear without edit...🤷🏻‍♂️
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    dlbdlb Member Posts: 141
    The altered taste is all to common.  Many have not recovered yet, they may never.  Just imagine having a visceral reaction to anything with animal fat, hating the taste of steak, chicken etc. It is life altering.
    2021 Tab 400 Boondock
    2020 Audi SQ5
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    Wife and I got our second shot yesterday at the new FEMA run site in Tampa that opened yesterday.  We went at two different times ( I was working when she went) and they took walk-ins.  Very efficient, mostly staffed by military medical personnel. Young lady that checked me in was Air Force.  Not sure if they were all from MacDill in Tampa or if they were brought in from different bases.

World of difference than the messes that the county then the state are running.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,441
    I appreciate the efforts so many of you are making to get the vaccine wherever and whenever you can. I'll be doing the same when I am eligible (not for a least another month). This one is not just about you, but also the greater good--there's already concern that not enough people will be vaccinated to curtail the virus permanently. Since this vaccine--like its flu counterparts--may not confer permanent immunity, we could be doing this over and over again as new variants emerge and take hold.

This is not a political statement, it's a biological statement. Thanks again for doing your part. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    We’re getting our 2nd shots soon (me on the 6th, DW on the 15th). We’ll be attending uCamp and then continuing on for an extended trip. We’ll still be masking up, etc, as needed but having the vaccination will give us a little peace of mind as we travel about.
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • Options
    UPDATE:

I just scheduled my 2nd Moderna dose by calling(and spoke to a living human!) Walmart in Tennessee(where I will be on April 24th). Keeping in mind my 1st dose was administered in my home state.  The Walmart is 30 minutes from my campsite!!😳.  

FYI: CVS has a link on their website that states they will help you schedule the 2nd shot.  I even spoke to a CSR to assist.  NO ASSISTANCE! just "flip card" answers.  Walmart says nothing about assisting with a second out of state shot on their website.  So I called the pharmacy of the store that was near my camp to ask if I scheduled on line, could just get the second shot.  The woman(soooo helpful & nice) said, "oh, we can schedule you for the day you need now." I was floored! ...and so we did!

I thought that I was going to have to either drive back to DC(9 hours each way) or drop $300.00 on a plane ticket!😳. Kudos to Walmart!
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    If you are in GA, they are doing them at Ingles. There is one right by the campground we are hosting at. DW stopped in when we were getting groceries and it was easy. She gets her second dose on 4/14.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    We got both of our shots.

Are any sites in your areas doing waste vaccine registrations?

Some of the Winn Dixies down here allows any age to register, and if there is vaccine left over for the day they contact you to come in.

My co worker was shopping at a WD and they asked him his age (50 +) and said if he wanted a shot they had an extra one.  He got it and they scheduled him for the next one.

Publix has been giving their extras to employees and I think their families.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I’ve had both vaccinations and in my county, it was easy. It will be two weeks tomorrow, but I’ll wait another week or so to get the 2nd Shingles vaccination as you are supposed to wait two weeks between types of vaccinations. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Well... all is good. The point of my story is that I got my 1st shot, but go FT before my scheduled 2nd shot.  I am nomadic for the next month & 1/2 where I am only in one place no more then 4 days.  Makes it hard.  

I just found that Walmart was very accommodating, especially compared to CVS.
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I was able to get the first dose at a mass vaccination clinic in Cleveland. Ohio does not have a residency requirement. I will get the second dose in about 10 days.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    I was just reading that the CDC says it is safe for fully vaccinated people to travel in the US.

Woohoo! Time to de-winterize from 2019...

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022