Options

New 400 Model T@B?

Comments

• Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Great find, really gives a good look at the new prototype.  It is looking much more complete now.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Built-in flexible 200 watts of solar panels!  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Yes, very nice.  Also notice, there are two vents on the roof, one for the cabin and one for the wetbath.  Should greatly help airflow, along with the three opening windows.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    The table is thinner, giving more sitting room. No one has commented about the useful cubby hole next to the bed for plug-Ins and CPAP machines. I wonder if it is still there. I thought it would be nice for a recharging area if there were 12V and 110V outlets inside the cubby hole. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Be nice if there would be an optional convection/microwave which could be installed next to the refrigerator, where the the two cabinets are located, or below the closet and make the closet smaller in height. The trailers in this price range, usually have a oven option.  Some people cook more than on a stove top or outside grill.  We currently haul a small microwave in our T@B.
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    I am not too keen on the chocolate brown plastic panel's.  Birch would be much more appealing.  In a small space, dark woodwork makes things seem even smaller and less inviting.
    John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    jcfaber1 said:
    I am not too keen on the chocolate brown plastic panel's.  Birch would be much more appealing.  In a small space, dark woodwork makes things seem even smaller and less inviting.
    John
    John, what chocolate brown plastic panels? I don't see what you are talking about. The wood on the bathroom side is wood, a European plywood (rather expensive for me to purchase), and I don't see any plastic panels. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Thanks for sharing, great video. Especially like the now, built in solar panels! Great idea.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    The wall panels that make up bathroom outside walls looks dark to me, chocolate may be an exaggeration on my part.  I think the material might be Liteply a light weight plywood laminate.  You can get other finishing surfaces and my preference would be more like the Birch we see in the current product.

Regarding the video, my wife and I met him in Columbus when we saw the Base Camp. Nice guy.  The BC is a work in progress however.

I too like the solar panels and am curious as whose manufacturer they are.  Renogy pulled theirs off the market for over heating problems although I have not had any problems with ours.

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    @jcfaber1, the walls are actually a gray 3/4" European plywood that is of very high quality. The walls are definitely not made of plastic. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Cyclops62Cyclops62 Member Posts: 4
    After camping in tents for the past 25 years and it is time to move up and buy our 1st camper.   We have been looking for a camper that easy to tow without buying having to buy a truck, but big enough for me to stand with out banging my head (I'm 6'1").  I did look at the T@Bs over the summer but I felt they were to small. So far we are considering Airstreams Basecamp and Sport 16, Jayco Hummingbird and the Tara Cricket ( I like the Cricket but the Mrs doesn't).  None quite fit all of our needs but the T@b 400 looks like it has some really has what we are looking for.

* easy to tow/aerodynamic
    * Good for boondocking
    * good storage
    * easy setup
    * nice bathroom (Mrs)
    * Bike Racks

If the black tank is only 6 gal then I would prefer a cassette.  I wouldn't necessary want to pack up and search for a dump station.   And are there any plans for a bike rack.  

In addition to the functionality, the Mrs and I really like the decor and lighting.  I hope to see this at the Chicago RV show in Feb.  
  • Options
    SeanmurrySeanmurry Member Posts: 15
    Does anyone know the price point on the TAB400 yet, or at least a ball park?  Will there be a Basic and Max package like in the other Tab's.  For me this trailer is hitting a lot of the sweet spots.  Need to place a bike rack on it though, so hopefully the 2 bike rack that can fit on the tongue of the regular Tab will also be able to duty on the 400.
  • Options
    Seanmurry said:
    Does anyone know the price point on the TAB400 yet, or at least a ball park?  Will there be a Basic and Max package like in the other Tab's.  
    No. As has been quoted before, nothing will be finalized until early April. Any price quotes before then are merely speculation, and has not been issued by the factory. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    iz6iz6 Member Posts: 15
    Wow! Looks great. So much space. And I personally am very happy with the direction they are taking with the interior finishes. Very clean, modern and upscale.
  • Options
    Cyclops62Cyclops62 Member Posts: 4
    Another option that I would like to have is a LP quick connect for a grill.  I rather be out rather then in.
  • Options
    Judging from the interest in the T@B 400, there maybe few used MAX S for sale just about the time I am ready to take the plunge  =)
  • Options
    Here is another take
    https://youtu.be/G1vu4szruKU

• Options
    edited December 2016
    And European version, notice the bathroom

https://youtu.be/AEdqBnAFOZQ

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I like the european exterior - Cleaner. Similar window trim to current T@B. No boring, goofy graphics like every other manufacturer does.
  • Options
    scottdickiescottdickie Member Posts: 29
    Does anyone know how to find out if the new 400 model will be featured at any of the RV shows this winter/spring. I was hoping to see it at the Toronto RV show.
  • Options
    TabsterTabster Member Posts: 118
    Trailer Life magazine came today. It quotes Scott Hubble as predicting the 400 will retail in the mid to high. $20,000s
    2015 CS. Ford f150 v8. Southern california
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Since some current T@Bs retail in the mid $20,000s, I'd be surprised but Insuppose a totally stripped model could.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Cyclops62 said:
    While I may have started out as a "Yuppie" years ago. I have progress through many phases of life:
    * DINK — “Dual Income No Kids”
    * DINKWAD — “Double Income No Kids With A Dog”
    * KIPPERS — “Kids In Parents’ Pockets Eroding Retirement Savings”
    And someday I hope to be a WOOF — “Well Off Older Folk”
     :) 
    We went thru that progression as well. But with a cat. The dog came after retirement. 

One thing I noticed was the sharp corner of the countertop, right by the guy's right side in the Haydocy video. That really ought to be rounded. They've replaced head banging cabinets with a hip and knee banging countertop. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
    A twin bed/sofa in the back that converts to a queen size bed would be ideal. Also, please heat/insulate tanks.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to find out if the new 400 model will be featured at any of the RV shows this winter/spring. I was hoping to see it at the Toronto RV show.
    Right now it is only a prototype.  Since most RV shows usually only feature local dealer stock, I would not expect it at any unless NüCamp wants to preview it as coming soon for one of their dealers.

The two shows it has been seen at are both industry only shows, and not open to the public.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    I have to say, they've turned into a nice looking rig and, had I not just bought the Max S, would probably be waiting with bated breath for this to hit the market. I'd take it like it sits! But, like PXL said, there's no way this is going to be at the mid to high 20s price point. Not the way it looks in these promos. I think it'll take another $8 - 10K to drive that bad boy home.
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    DebWildDebWild Member Posts: 13
    Question - any idea if the Walker Awning that fits the European 400 will fit this new 400? I do like that better than the PahaQua tent.
  • Options
    Hiding down at the bottom of the post, Small Trailer Enthusiast writes a little about the new 400 prototype as shown at the RVIA Show a few weeks ago.

http://smalltrailerenthusiast.com/2016/12/14/2016-rvia-show-review/

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246

Hello Fellow T@Bbers,

You’ve seen the photos and the videos of the T@B 400 prototypes, we thought we’d share some impressions of living in a 400 and taking it on the road. Since we have been spending the majority of our time over the last three years living and traveling in our T@B-CS, the design team asked us to road test their prototype and give them feedback.  Two weeks ago we picked up the one that was at the Louisville show and have traveled and camped in it in a variety of conditions since. We actually don’t think the term “camped” is appropriate. Camping is something we did in tents and even in our Silver Shadow. We progressed to Traveling in our T@B but this 400 has taken us into the realm of Living on the Road.  It’s a very well thought out design and is of the excellent quality we have come to expect from the folks at nüCamp. 

To answer a few of the questions you might have, this unit has a Group 31 AGM battery and a 200W rooftop solar. With a 2 way refrigerator that draws 3.6 amps we were good for a four night dry camping stay with some supplement from our Zamp and our generator(winter sun and semi sunny campsite). And the refrigerator was surprisingly roomy.

PhotoMom, the kitchen countertop at the bedroom end did not pose us any hazard.  We did routinely keep the extension with the nicely rounded end in the up position and it did not interfere in any way with the use of the bed.

One luxury is an ALDE radiator and an ALDE heated floor in the bathroom! The shower curtain covers three walls in the bathroom protecting the cabinetry, the toilet, the paper holder, and the door. And the shower is wonderfully roomy!

Amazing indirect lighting, three stereo speaker zones, a vented CoolCat heat pump,  a generously sized closet with cargo nets on the shelves, lots of kitchen storage, quality kitchen appliances, a comfy dinette that converts to a nice guest bed or lounge area, plenty of windows, and lots more. 

Some of the recommendations, such as repositioning the waste tanks outlet, that were made after the introduction of the first prototype did not appear on this prototype but we know the team has heard.  We too are making some recommendations but overall this is a quality trailer and we are looking forward to having the opportunity to own one. 

Steve and Karen

Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400