Options

New 400 Model T@B?

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I should note too, I might be in the minority, but the idea of that door and keeping it clean is not too appealing to me.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Good eye Nathan - I'm with ya on the door. Any open trays, slots, bins are gonna collect a lot of scrud for anyone that likes to have their door open.
    Still needs bigger wheels :-)
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 941
    The vents are gone also.  Is the interior changed?

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yes, good eye, Nathan. I guess I was going by what was said in Elkhart, rather than what is there.

I do like the axle set farther back (that was another discussion in Elkhart). I have to agree with the tire, but my input is only one of many, plus design reasons. 

I still love the door.  It's one of those that seems to be you either love it or not, with few (if any) sitting on the fence.  I wouldn't put papers in the door, but I like the trash container and the fire extinguisher. As far as cleaning, it is basically the same type of finish as the current doors. Sure it will be touched more, but Chlorox wipes have kept the inside of my door clean. I guess if you didn't like it, you wouldn't have to use the cubbies.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Tongue weight might go up, with the wheel moved back.  Have to see where the fridge, Alde are placed now. 

• Options
    Maybe they moved the fridge, below the closet on the drivers side(smaller closet),  put a microwave and the converter below the sink area.  I dreaming, but this is what we would like.
  • Options
    Verna - Not so much concerned with cleaning the exposed surfaces on the door but that mag rack could really collect the crud when door is open. 
  • Options
    Actually, a microwave/convection oven below the stove top.
  • Options
    Small Trailer Enthusiast has a drivers side picture of the 400 on FB.  Still don't see vents for a refrigerator.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Photo from Small Trailer Enthusiast:

My thinking, no propane fridge.

Also, if you look closely, it looks like the spare tire is under the tongue.

I am really liking he look of this update, it is sharper and more refined.  I like this decal better too.

@PXLated , money on the photo on the video screen being your work :)

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    JltabJltab Member Posts: 89
    Cyclonic said:
    Photo from Small Trailer Enthusiast:

My thinking, no propane fridge.

Also, if you look closely, it looks like the spare tire is under the tongue.

I am really liking he look of this update, it is sharper and more refined.  I like this decal better too.

@PXLated , money on the photo on the video screen being your work :)
    I love the design and the color scheme, two things I would like to suggest: 1. More ground clearance and 2. If the body is more wider than the current T@B, an observation camera/backup camera will be a good option.
    2016 T@B Maxx S, Nissan Pathfinder
  • Options
    They're also going with a 20 lb propane tank, rather than the 30 lb (same size tub as the T@B 320). That's good for those who full time or spend a few months a year wintering in a T@B. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Ya, it is my pic - They really need to be carefull about that. There was a request to send in photos but that really doesn't give them much (copyright wise) other than an idea what's out there.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Verna, Did you mean 30lb rather than 20lb propane tank? It would be a shame to do away with the propane fridge, that was one of the factors that had us choose a T@B MAX S to begin with was the versatility of the fridge, 12v, 110v, and propane as opposed to the 12v, 100v in the CS model. I like the "newer" look of the more recent photo of the 400. Graphics are better, and it appears more balanced looking with the wheel moved toward the back more. Agree that a taller tire/wheel assembly should be in order though. That all in itself would take care of ground clearance issue.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Eric, when I saw the prototype T@B 400, they were trying to figure out how to incorporate a 30 lb propane tank, which I didn't like. I have two 20 lb tanks with built-in gauges and I like them, plus the 20 lb is convenient for me to lift and exchange tanks. (I only use one tank at a time and I have the 2nd one filled soon after it running out so I always have a spare full tank.). 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I don't see ground clearance as a problem.  In the photo it looks low, but it is no lower then the standard 320.  The photo just makes it look that way because the rest of the body is so much larger.

For the fridge, it may be just in this model we are not seeing it, or they could be doing away with it.  The 3-way fridge is one of the things that gives them the most trouble.  It is great when it works, but when it doesn't it is a bugger to fix.  It is also an energy hog when on battery. 

On my most recent trip my wife had flipped to to battery without me knowing.  My TV's alternator cannot keep up, and in ten hours on the road with several extended stops where no power was going to the battery at all, it killed my brand new battery.  I was not too happy.

Had it been a 2-way it would have been just fine.

If NüCamp upgrades the batteries, making it ready for 6v Golf cart batteries or parallel 12v, a 2-way could be the way to go as they are easier to place anywhere and are far less troublesome.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Clarification - The Norcold 3-way fridge gives trouble. Since there's more room, they could use a Dometic. Dometic doesn't make one as small as the one in our T@Bs. The several service people I dealt with all disparaged Norcold and praised Dometic. My brothers Dometic runs on propane and automatically relights - no fuss, no muss.
    I agree with Verna - prefer easy to handle 20lb propane tanks.
  • Options
    Cyclonic, Yes, I agree with the problem child fridge, but as you stated, when it works, it's great... on propane or 110v mode. I don't think I have EVER used it on 12v, so can't comment on the energy use that way. My question at this point, would be is: Are they using the same fridge in the 400 model? Seems to me Verna said it was a larger model fridge. Is it still a Norcold, or different manufacturer? As far as the tire goes, I think [my opinion] it would not only give more ground clearance, but make the appearance look more proportionate as well. The other issue I have, is where the spare has been moved, especially if, in fact it IS on the front under the tongue. That positioning would make that a REAL treat to change with a flat already lowering the trailer. Try sliding under the tongue, and having to lower the spare with very little room to accomplish the task, then sliding it out to change the flat. Doesn't look like making an already bad situation any easier to me. Again, just MY opinion. :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Just put the spare "on" the tongue already :-)
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Ya, it is my pic - They really need to be carefull about that. There was a request to send in photos but that really doesn't give them much (copyright wise) other than an idea what's out there.
    Time to start putting your name or a logo on your photos.  Little Guy is still using one of my photos for their Zamp solar panels, we never discussed them using it, and it doesn't have my name on it.  

I made sure the above photo I shared didn't have a name on it before I copied it. That's one problem with the electronic media today--if you don't stamp your photos, they are out there for all to copy. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I did send a question to the factory asking if the fridge is indeed a 3-way. 

Cyclonic, they are using a different model of fridge in the T@B 400. I thought they're using a different brand name, but I can't see the brand name on my photos. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna - All mine have a copyright notice on them but that actually isn't required. Copyright is automatic.
  • Options
    PXL, I'd have to agree!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Verna - Betting it's Dometic ... Seems to be the most common brand I see.
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Verna - Betting it's Dometic ... Seems to be the most common brand I see.
    Since I can't be sure, I won't say. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Anyone notice the T@B on the 2nd photo, behind the 400?  Black sidewalls with a silver top and silver trim.  New color option?
  • Options
    jdargis said:
    Anyone notice the T@B on the 2nd photo, behind the 400?  Black sidewalls with a silver top and silver trim.  New color option?
    You can order anything that you are willing to pay for.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    jdargis, Yes, I noticed, also appears to be an Outback model, or another model with an Outback rack on the front.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    From Scott Hubble at the NuCampRV factory concerning the fridge in the T@B 400:

"It is a 2.7 cubic foot 2 way refrigerator. Given the size of the bed and placement of the axle we could not accommodate a three way... We are investigating further options that may exist in the European market. For now the two way is the only option that we have."
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna, Thanks for the "magic wand" swift reply!
    Spokane, Wa.