Options

New 400 Model T@B?

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Verna, and/or Michigan_Mike, does the new 400 have the plug-in ready capabilities for solar power as did the 320? Just curious as I saw no mention of it in the previous posts. Question #2 Is the new fridge to be a 3 way as in the 320? I hope so, I really like the options of being able to run it on propane as well as shore power, or battery given the frugal way it uses propane. I REALLY like that it has a freezer, and adjustable door shelves as well.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    ScottG - My brother paid less for his rPod than I did for my T@B. It just doesn't have the quality cabinets etc that we have or the Alde. And, it's kind of strange in that they seem to have one wiring scheme no matter the model/layout so lights, outlets etc are not optimally placed. It is larger though with a slideout.

The two campers I see the most of in that next size up category are rPods and Cassitas. Am rarely in a campground where there isn't an rPod.

After entertaining many a lurking zombie, I've never had one that didn't like the look, feel, style and quality of the T@B. The only thing they question is the size. Simply scalling up the current T@B but keeping the style is the way to go in my book.

Expanding the dealer network would go a long way in expanding the T@B reach. Kind of hard to find T@Bs where you can find rPods everywhere.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    ericnliz said:
    Verna, and/or Michigan_Mike, does the new 400 have the plug-in ready capabilities for solar power as did the 320? Just curious as I saw no mention of it in the previous posts. Question #2 Is the new fridge to be a 3 way as in the 320? I hope so, I really like the options of being able to run it on propane as well as shore power, or battery given the frugal way it uses propane. I REALLY like that it has a freezer, and adjustable door shelves as well.
    Eric, yes, the Zamp-ready plug will be on the driver's side of the new tub. Actually, I suggested 2 plugs, for those of us who use an external fridge or the wiring could be reversed to use with a Battery Tender. 

Yes, the fridge is 3-way. I was impressed with the wine bottle capability in the adjustable door shelves ;)

We had very little internet service at the campground, so I'll need to read through all the early comments to make sure I have addressed all the questions.  I just got home yesterday afternoon and my truck isn't even cleaned out yet. I'll get "roundtuit" in the next couple of days....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited September 2016
    I never said nor implied  anyone should hold back nor stop providing constructive feedback, I have done so myself. I do think it's unfair to make judgements about quality to characterizations about PV from photos of a prototype and the comments to led me to believe that some people were equating it with a final version. My apologies if my comments offended anyone. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    As someone who has written a lot of prototype software for the marketing folks to take to trade shows, I can tell you that the finished product rarely looks like the early prototypes. That feature your product manager thought would be killer turns out to be ho hum. Or the people who see it come up with things no one thought of. It's a process of progressive refinement and figuring out what the target market wants.

The 400 prototype has some cool things (the storage th the door!!!) and some things that are bleah but it's a long way from hitting the dealers' lots.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Verna, Thanks for the reply! Open the truck doors, get out the hose & let 'er rip! Glad 'ya made it back safe, and thanks for all the updates, you're still awesome in my book! ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Photomom, Good points, glad to hear from someone that's been there, done that! Thanks for your input! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    The fridge is a 3-way fridge. Sorry, I do not know the size and I am unfamiliar with the fridge sizes. 

jcfaber1 said:
    I too would like very simple clean lines.  I do not like the "big ugly box on wheels" look with the graphics.  Lots of fun reading everyone's thoughts.
    After just driving through the camper display area, trust me, this T@B 400 is not a "big ugly box on wheels" . There are so many others that are rectangular boxes with a curved front, with almost the same layout.

While I'm not fond of one graphic for all, if you look at other company 's Camper's, they only have one set of colors for the exterior.  

And please remember that this is a prototype that will change drastically with the next revisions. The repair guys and warranty guys will have their input also. I already noticed a large work area inside for access to all of the water and wiring connections, while just the valves essential for winterizing are easily accessed to us. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Photomom said:
    As someone who has written a lot of prototype software for the marketing folks to take to trade shows, I can tell you that the finished product rarely looks like the early prototypes. That feature your product manager thought would be killer turns out to be ho hum. Or the people who see it come up with things no one thought of. It's a process of progressive refinement and figuring out what the target market wants.

The 400 prototype has some cool things (the storage th the door!!!) and some things that are bleah but it's a long way from hitting the dealers' lots.
    @Photomom, Mike and I definitely agree completely!  I made a comment somewhere here about the amount of gray fabric will change, and it was the designer who saw this. What looked great on the computer didn't look "in proportion" in the prototype.

And it was interesting how he came up with the size of the exterior decal in relationship to the window sizes. I came away with a lot more information than I had before. 

The designer didn't realize that some people were avoiding one side of the dinette because the table was too large for the space. Once I phrased it in a way he could understand, he did understand how the table needed to be downsized. 

He was extremely receptive to adding outlets to the CPAP cubbie. While he knows of no one with the need for one, it has been a common request from the owners to have dedicated outlets for CPAP's. 

The design job is one where the designer has to get involved in a lot of information that they once had no idea even existed (sort of like winterizing a T@B ;) ).
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    From what I can see of the photos, the interior is very similar to the existing Cirrus truck camper regarding materials.  If that unit is selling well and receiving positive owner comments, then the factory may stick with what we're seeing in the prototype.  Verna - can you post some photos of the entire interior?  All the photos seem to just focus on a given object.  An overall "feel" for the interior would be helpful.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Here is a question, once they roll it back to Sugar Creek, is it going to be available for others to look at?

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Cyclonic said:
    Here is a question, once they roll it back to Sugar Creek, is it going to be available for others to look at?

I bet they tear it apart and make changes and adjustments.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    OutbackAZ said:
    From what I can see of the photos, the interior is very similar to the existing Cirrus truck camper regarding materials.  If that unit is selling well and receiving positive owner comments, then the factory may stick with what we're seeing in the prototype.  Verna - can you post some photos of the entire interior?  All the photos seem to just focus on a given object.  An overall "feel" for the interior would be helpful.
    Here is a video Scott Hubble posted, this may help give you a better feel for it.  You may have to be on Facebook to see it, I have no way to download and embed it, sorry.

https://www.facebook.com/jscotthubble/videos/10153736534040047/

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    jkjenn said:
    Cyclonic said:

I bet they tear it apart and make changes and adjustments.
    That is kinda what I am thinking as well.  Scott Hubble had also mentioned that the prototype is not road worthy right now, so, yeah, it is probably going to get a rebuild.

I am very happy to see it finally coming after so long, and I think PV/NüCamp is placing an impressive amount of work in just getting the idea out there for feedback from people.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    KeltdubhKeltdubh Member Posts: 54
    @Verna  Adjustable fridge door shelves for Wine bottles...  SOLD!!!
    Ed & Tea
    Linden, VA
    2016 T@B Q Max Outback Package - 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Shenandoah Valley T@BBERS
  • Options
    Keltdubh said:
    @Verna  Adjustable fridge door shelves for Wine bottles...  SOLD!!!
    I can get 2 750ml bottles in mine now!
  • Options
    It would be interesting to know what the target market for the 400 is. It would probably be silly to target the exact same demographic that loves our T@Bs as they are.
  • Options
    Photomom said:
    It would be interesting to know what the target market for the 400 is. It would probably be silly to target the exact same demographic that loves our T@Bs as they are.
    There are more then a few 320 owners that would be very interested in the 400.  I think the target are people that seriously consider the 320 but find it does have quite enough room for them.  This would be the same demographic that is looking at the Airstream Base Camp as well.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Seriously, they do want the younger buyers, hence the extra bed. They want the "still working crowd" who can have the necessities in place for a quick getaway after work on Friday. And they want the empty nesters who spend more time in their T@B's (or other brands), and need more storage.  They want the current T@B 320 owners to upgrade to the T@B 400, rather than jumping over to another brand. 

If you've never met Scott Hubble, CEO of NuCampRV, he is around 6'4", so he doesn't fit in the T@B 320 well. Last year at the Third Tearstock, he and his family stayed overnight in various LG/PV Camper's. I was surprised that Scott chose a MyPod over a T@B because the bed is longer. I imagine he will feel better about the T@B 400. 

After I looked at the T@B 400, I looked at how much less storage I have. While the T@B 400 would be nice, I'm sticking with my T@B 320. It's paid for, it's my home away from home, and I like it. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Also, one other consideration important to future trailer owners, a microwave oven or convection oven or built in oven.  Not everyone grills or stovetop cooks.  Keep in mind, what's out there, which will be in this price range of this trailer.
  • Options
    Cyclonic, Agree, agree, agree. Personal opinion is that I feel they are trying to fill the void of those wanting a little more room, both space wise, and in my case...HEAD ROOM. I love our T@B, but that is one issue I have with the 320, especially in the bathroom area. Once they get all the "kinks" and modifications done to the prototype, they will have a great product to offer.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Verna - In other words, they're targeting "everybody" :-)
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Verna - In other words, they're targeting "everybody" :-)
    PXLated, you figured it out!  They are targeting anyone who likes and wants it. The European Tabbert has many models, but they have been in business for many years. PV/NucampRV has been in existence since 2009, which is not a long time for all they have accomplished. PV didn't start making the T@B 320 until 2012, and look at all of the changes they have made!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Nathan, thanks for posting the video, I found it very helpful. Rocky wouldn't know what do with having a choice is sitting in the bed or the dinette while I work!

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Just Google "Cirrus Truck Camper."  Lots of photos of the interior, a lot of which looks very similar to the 400.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited September 2016
    OutbackAZ said:
    Just Google "Cirrus Truck Camper."  Lots of photos of the interior, a lot of which looks very similar to the 400.
    Since they are production styled models it makes sense to use similar components in each unit.   The factory operates similarly as most production operations, utilizes their manpower as best they can and any changes or tweaks in models has to be done incrementally or via training/timing as it does tend to have a ripple down affect that does alter the trailer/camper builds.  This was noted by Scott Hubble in some of our past conversations and inasmuch as they do like to make changes in real time, even a small change takes time to implement and they are looking at standardization and the ability to build more units, without having to worry about a ton of color schemes, etc.   That's why you will see things like the flip-up sink, water proof toilet paper dispensers, lighting similarities, etc. that appear to overlap on some of their trailers.  Obviously they will continue to update and upgrade models with newer technologies, etc. but the human factor and training comes into play, as does cost and the practicality of making changes too.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    But, if the general consensus agrees the color scheme doesn't work, the product won't sell, sometimes there has to be an additional expenses to get the product correct.
  • Options
    But, @jdargis, that general concensus would have to come from actual potential buyers, rather than in a forum discussion.  At that time it would be a definite concern.

If I walked away because I couldn't get it in red, and ten other people wanted colors similar to the current T@B 320 and walked away because it wasn't available, that would be a concern. I think if it were that important to me, I would order it without a decal and it 's not that expensive to have my own printed and installed. But, I'm not a potential buyer for a few more years. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    But, we are a potential buyer.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Good, then when the T@B 400 is introduced, you'll have to make a decision then with the choices they have come up with. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN