Options

New 400 Model T@B?

Comments

• Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Also, what I meant by color scheme, is the overall finish of interior woods, fabrics, etc.  Not just exterior decals and trim colors.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    And that is the purpose of this discussion. To let the factory know what you want. Yes, I made the assumption that you were talking about the exterior. Now you have clarified that you want more say in the interior colors.  That's great. Now we have to wait on the next prototype and the new changes in response to all of the suggestions. 

I can tell you the purple cushion is a no-go for me!  The tan in the other T@B 400 was a better choice, but I do prefer my faux leather cushions. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    As I understand it, the RV show the 400 was taken to was for dealers, not consumers. The intent was perhaps to build excitement and interest among potential dealers. I think it's premature to write it off just yet.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Correct, @Photomom. Dealers were issued a ID tags on lanyards to show they were official. The dealers were able to look, touch and discuss. Some ordered from the vendors, some just got information. 

Mike and I attended to give an owners' perspective to the prototype, and we pretty much went over everything with the designer. What the designer had questions about, he knew we could answer, and what is important to most owners were brought up by us.  The three of us learned from each other. 

I believe that 90% of the comments here in this discussion were discussed at the RV show with the designer.  This entire discussion and the few comments in another thread are being monitored by the factory. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    IdlerockfarmIdlerockfarm Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2016
    http://nucamprv.com/cirrus/blog/2016/09/21/nucamps-tb-400-debuts-to-rave-reviews/

These must be the FB pics. 

I do NOT like the colors and wood look together, but of the European 400s, I only like the turquoise one. 
    2016 nights camped 17 / 7 trips in a tent trailer
    I want a T@b someday.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Verna said:
    I can tell you the purple cushion is a no-go for me!  The tan in the other T@B 400 was a better choice, but I do prefer my faux leather cushions. 
    You know, I kinda like the purple cushion, but I know you would be happier with it in red.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I like that there's no ugly "RV" fabric in the prototype. Solid neutrals are the way to go!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Photomom - Ugly's in the eye of the beholder - I've actually gotten to like my interior. Sometimes wish the bottom cushions had the same pattern as the backs :-)
  • Options
    DebWildDebWild Member Posts: 13
    I keep coming back to the fact that it is just a little bit larger, with superior manufacturing quality and that is what I am looking for. I like the separate eating area that can convert to a single sleeper. I LOVE the central bath & kitchen area - this will work perfectly for my family through many stages! While the boys need to be closer, they can be in the attached tent & our little girl can be inside with us. When they want to be farther away, they can have a separate tent. When they no longer want to camp with us, we can just use the awning. I am not a current T@B owner only because of timing - I was looking at the Safari Alto trailer partly because of it's 'coolness' factor with the retractable roof and partly because of it's lightweight towing, but they don't yet have an attached tent that would work for my younger boys..... hence my interest in the T@B. The R-Pod may look kinda cool but the quality is just not there and from what I understand, a majority of the RV manufacturing quality in the US is continuing to go downhill. PV/NuCamp can stand out for that and win over tons of people! The manufacturing quality is my bottom line - if it fits my family now and won't last, why spend the money? I am willing to wait for the T@B 400 until 2017 (I think!) and hope they continue on their development trajectory. I will say it again, I cannot wait to order it!!! =)
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    I keep thinking how the T@B isn't exactly a one size fits all anyway. There are at least a half dozen models under that umbrella; and it seems they are willing to pretty much customize any of their models with different features, color schemes, accessories, etc.  There are people who want the T@B without the bathroom, with the kitchen in the back, different flooring options. So why wouldn't we think that the 400 would be the same way? Or am I missing that?
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    marknjudy said:
    I keep thinking how the T@B isn't exactly a one size fits all anyway. There are at least a half dozen models under that umbrella; and it seems they are willing to pretty much customize any of their models with different features, color schemes, accessories, etc.  There are people who want the T@B without the bathroom, with the kitchen in the back, different flooring options. So why wouldn't we think that the 400 would be the same way? Or am I missing that?
    @marknjudy, I think this is the one big question Mike and I forgot to ask last week. How much customization will be allowed? I think that answer will come next spring after everything has been prototyped and prototyped and........you know what I mean.  They need time to get everything worked out and we'll give it to them. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Perfect! I'm excited about the 400 even though I only bought my 320 about 6 weeks ago and won't be in the market this year, I have the feeling what the sailing world calls 2 footitis may hit me at some point.
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    IdlerockfarmIdlerockfarm Member Posts: 8
    I can't wait to order, too. My eyes are bigger than my wallet though.

I could do very well with a T@b S, but it would bring me really close to my big dog at night. The T@b 400 would enable me to bring a friend inside and/or give my dog another sleeping option (in my tent camper he has a separate bed).

I could really see myself camping with my mom in the 400. 
    2016 nights camped 17 / 7 trips in a tent trailer
    I want a T@b someday.
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited October 2016

PV had to start the US prototyping process somewhere so I think a bit mishmash was a good idea.
    Afterall the origins are the EU models. Example: http://springbankleisure.com/models.html

I'm sure we've all heard the comment by now -- "Does it come in a taller model?".
    Not super-sized, but tall enough to stand comfortably when you're over 5'7" and fit more stuff.
    That doesn't describe me, but I think there's going to be two main camps of buyers looking for that taller T@B.
    One group wants a larger version of the "classic American" T@B. Same styling options, just bigger.
    The other group will welcome some euro-styling. Just don't get carried away with it. :o

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    KeltdubhKeltdubh Member Posts: 54
    marknjudy said:
    I so totally agree.  While I understand that more available options means the more types of assembly material must be kept on hand and more training must be given to assembly line personal, I surely hope that the 400 will offer as many choices as the 320 in the way of layout, colors and finishes.  We have made the move from a Silver Shadow to a T@B 320 and have anxiously awaited the release of the 400 believing that it may be our next step on this journey.The finishes thus far are not very appealing to us but we are a couple of years out anyway and a lot can change between now and then, so we're not casting that vote yet.
    Ed & Tea
    Linden, VA
    2016 T@B Q Max Outback Package - 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Shenandoah Valley T@BBERS
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

Review of the 2017 Cirrus truck camper for an idea of interior fit and finishes:

http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/camper-reviews/2017-cirrus-820-review/

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    edited September 2016
    Very nice clean look.  I like! The cirrus interior, that is. 
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited September 2016
    What we do and don't like about our Tab (and would consider important if we 'upgraded)... I realize some of these items are now standard. Hope this helps.

Good:
    • 'Vintage' cute looks
    • Quality wood cabinetry gives interior 'warm' aesthetic
    • Quality 'appliances', stove, Alde
    • Large bed
    • Good sized black & gray tanks (6 & 17? gal)
    • Easy to move by hand
    • Kedar rail for options

Not so good:
    • Small fresh water tank (5 gal)
    • AC unit's inefficient operation
    • Plastic kitchen sink
    • Not enough well-placed 12V outlets (early 2014 model)
    • noisy water pump
    • difficult access to under-bed storage (cargo doors would help)
    • Not enough storage spaces
    • Spare tire location - difficult to remove/replace
    • Lacking bug screens over exhaust/intake openings
    • Lacking battery disconnect switch
    • Fridge heats up countertop
    • Rear Alde heat vent is not well implemented
    • Exterior light too bright

Desired options:
    • MaxxFan
    • Double battery
    • Double (small 10#) propane tanks
    • 2-way fridge (propane/110V - the 12V option is often more trouble than it's worth)
    • Prefer hydraulic surge brakes
    • Reading lights on each corner of the bed, and each corner of the table
    • tank & battery level gauges
    • Bluetooth audio/video capable entertainment system
    • Exterior 12V & 110V receptacles

Looking forward to being able to stand in the Tab!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    lavndrbluelavndrblue Member Posts: 9
    Would they ever consider a CS-S style in the L400 TD model?  I love my galley outside (no cooking smells inside) and would hate to lose it, but I do love the added space in the 400!  If a clamshell style then the bed could be larger and maybe face front to back, instead of side to side as in the current CS-S.  Just a thought..........
    Kris & Cathy
    Minnesota
    2016 T@B M@X CS-S pulled with a 2015 Ford F150 Lariat
  • Options
    @lavndrblue, at this time there are no plans for a clamshell. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    SeanmurrySeanmurry Member Posts: 15
    I am very keen on the new Tab400.  Here are some suggestions for the design etc.  Keep the final product as close to the prototype as possible.  This is very similair to the European version which I think is fantastic.  In particular the kitchen, dinnette area.  Keep the curves and cool styling.  Keep with the uplifting color schemes, really like the sea foam blue/green available in Europe.  For outside decor, keep it similair to the standard TAB.  these are fun colors and keep the family resemblance.  Solar capable with flexible solar panels on the roof as an option, or at least a port where you could plug into on the roof.  Have 2x6v deep cycle AGM Batteries.  Have 2 propane tanks, either 2x20 lb or 2x10 lb, that way when one is empty you can still operate while taking the other for filling.  Have the ambient lighting an option, like the European version.  Have AC and TV as options and not as standard equipment.  Is a cassette toilet an option?  It is available in Europe.  I don't really like using the stinky slinky so would prefer the cassette toilet option.  Have a bike rack option available for the tongue, similair to what is available now for the standard TAB.   Have dual lights at the head of the bed area.  In Europe they come standard with one light, but do believe 2 lights is an option.
  • Options
    Ditto - Proportion's all wrong.
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    We were in Sugarcreek last month. What you have seen is prototype no.1 the design team have heard the comments. In real life it looks cool!
    Steve and Karen 
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    Some here are anal about volts/amps or other things - I'm anal about design and the wheel just isn't proportioned right as TocomaGuy mentioned. Might look good otherwise but it needs a bigger tire/fender. :-)
  • Options
    SilverEagleJCSilverEagleJC Member Posts: 24
    I like the larger 400 and that it is still true to the Tab teardrop shape.  

When I look at the photos (the only photos I have seen) in this thread, I think that the thick black graphics in the middle of the sides are giving it a top-heavy, out of balance appearance.  I would like to see the same profile in solid colors, or reduce the thickness and/or lower the positioning of these side graphics.

As PXLated mentioned, a bigger wheel/tire/tire well might also help with the balance of the look.
  • Options

A copy of a FB photo at the RV dealer only show in Louisville of the T@B 400. It looks like they've listened about the colored plastic trim on the outside and a different black pattern. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    DebWildDebWild Member Posts: 13
    Hi Verna, I saw on a FB page that some dealers are accepting deposits, have you heard that?
  • Options
    The general public is not allowed at this RV show, as it is dealers only. Dealers might be placing orders with NuCampRV, but I sure can't see how customers can be putting deposits on the T@B 400.  Mike and I went to the dealers only RV show in Elkhart and the atmosphere was to allow dealers to look and ask questions of the manufacturers. We were there only for the intent of talking to NuCampRV about what owners would say about the T@B 400 prototype. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    edited December 2016
    I don't think the trim has changed, it is just a contrasting color now.  I think this is a second prototype, because look what has changed, the wheels are set further back.  Here is a picture from Elkhart to compare (I think it is one of yours Verna).

Also note, no vents for the fridge now.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA